GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread)

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread)

Post  Charco on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Retro Gamer is a magazine.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:14 pm

Oh. :U oops
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:35 am

Xillatem wrote:
Ah that, had the tectoy cart that had that screenshot. Maybe it's just me but that looks nothing like R.Bear if anything it kind of looks like slash with a funky palette, going by the possible hockey mask face.

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:55 am

Mr.Din wrote:
Xillatem wrote:
Ah that, had the tectoy cart that had that screenshot. Maybe it's just me but that looks nothing like R.Bear if anything it kind of looks like slash with a funky palette, going by the possible hockey mask face.

To me he looks like r.bear, he's big, wearing his mask and boxing gloves.

Mind the silly mask on this image :U there's real boxing masks images in google search too.
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:04 am

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:
Xillatem wrote:

To me he looks like r.bear, he's big, wearing his mask and boxing gloves.

Eh to each it's own, that seems like grasping at straws to me for such a blurry screenshot. Looks some weird hockey goalie to me lol or slash using the first stage palette.

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:25 pm

So I finally got the Megadrive : Collected Works book which is a nice mix of interview, design documents and artworks collection from many Megadrive games.
The whole design document for SoR1 is in, unfortunately no concept arts. Also, SoR2 is barely covered and SoR3 absolutely gets no attention, which kinda shocked me.
Anyway, here's some finds about SoR1:
- The intro sequence was supposed to have somekind of JamesBondesque crosshairs over characters profiles.
- the ending was supposed to have dialogue between Axel and his ex-colleague (who we like to call Murphy)
- The story of Dragon Swat (the game's working title) was that 21st century was the age of criminal and that a lot of big cities were overwhelmed with crimes and the ICPO (part of the international judicial administration) was held responsible for this and denied the right to arrest, to which the ICPO retaliated by assembling a special task force that would wipe out criminals outside of the law limits and operates in the shadow.
- It was planned to have the characters able to vault over breakable items such as oil drums. And the ability of doing so over small walls was also under consideration.
- Nora, referred as Queen in the design document, was supposed to have a kick move besides her whip attack. They specifically list "flying kick" for HaKuyo (referred as Kung Fu) so it's unclear if Nora's kick move was supposed to be flying or not. SORR kinda nailed it I guess Razz
- Also, the jugglers would have been able to throw knives besides axes and flame torches
- 3 unknown characters are listed: Muscle Man, who can do suplex throw and attack with a wooden plank; Footballer with a body strike attack and Hockey Guy (the one we saw in many screens?) who have throw move and attack with chains.
- Adam may have been considered as playable for SoR2, however due to the memory capacity of the game, they could "only" include four characters. Since Axel and Adam were similar and Adam was Skate's brother, he was cut from the game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:51 am

Interesting. Maybe the hockey guy is a beta version of Slash?

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:56 am

Hmm no doubt in my mind muscle man was likely beta Garcia given Garcia can pick up pipes, Muscle man would use planks in the same fashion is my guess also in some screens beta Garcia grabbed the characters from behind. I wonder what Nora's kick was going to be like, I think v5 very likely nailed it. Hockey mask guy is very likely to have been the guy on the Brazilian screenshot, chains sound interesting. Now the football guy REALLY piques my interest, I wonder what his body strike was. All this may be quite useful, can't wait to sprite these possible concepts Very Happy

Also hat was their excuse in Adams exclusion in 3? 2 I understand as kind of figured as much. This book needs to hurry and get to me!

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:01 am

Mr.Din wrote:Also hat was their excuse in Adams exclusion in 3? 2 I understand as kind of figured as much. This book needs to hurry and get to me!

I would assume it was probably the same thing since that game had a character that was similar to him (Axel) and his brother was in instead. I guess that they wanted him in the game, but since it was rushed and a lot of things were unfinished like Ash and Shiva's movesets, they probably didn't have enough time to get to him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:05 am

Saven wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:Also hat was their excuse in Adams exclusion in 3? 2 I understand as kind of figured as much. This book needs to hurry and get to me!

I would assume it was probably the same thing since that game had a character that was similar to him (Axel) and his brother was in instead. I guess that they wanted him in the game, but since it was rushed and a lot of things were unfinished like Ash and Shiva's movesets, they probably didn't have enough time to get to him.
Seems like the most feasible reason I just don't understand how ash and victy got in over him, no offense to those characters really I would've taken Adam over Shiva or Axel even.

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:08 am

Mr.Din wrote:Hmm no doubt in my mind muscle man was likely beta Garcia given Garcia can pick up pipes, Muscle man would use planks in the same fashion is my guess also in some screens beta Garcia grabbed the characters from behind.!

Well, Garcia is distinctly referenced with all of his moves that are in the final build. Muscle man might be a different dude.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:52 am

iceweb38 wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:Hmm no doubt in my mind muscle man was likely beta Garcia given Garcia can pick up pipes, Muscle man would use planks in the same fashion is my guess also in some screens beta Garcia grabbed the characters from behind.!

Well, Garcia is distinctly referenced with all of his moves that are in the final build. Muscle man might be a different dude.
Well what I'm trying to say is that the guy in the beta screens might've been this muscle man only to later be replaced by Garcia as aside from the suplex mentioned he sounds pretty familiar. Though you may be right given the what we think is beta signal guy isn't mentioned(?) either. Would've been lovely if beta screens accompanied this information, I can't wait to actually get ahold of the book myself!

What do you guys think of vaulting objects and walls? Makes perfect sense to me, I'd go as far as to say this could've given more use to the team attack moves as well! I wonder what made them decide against it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:49 am

Let's remember the days when Zan used to be powerful.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:00 am

Don Vecta wrote:Let's remember the days when Zan used to be powerful.

Those were the days, his jump is a godsend in the tunnel levels.

More screens of beta Nora?
http://dintheabary.deviantart.com/art/Nora-Beta-comparison-Streets-of-Rage-493581632

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit on Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:35 pm

SOR make a cameo in Steven Universe, Teens of Rage
See 0:44

Music:
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWolfe on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:43 pm

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

3:<

On a more positive note, the music in the second video is really nice. ^^
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:41 pm

TheWolfe wrote:"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

3:<

On a more positive note, the music in the second video is really nice. ^^

Hmm... ok.. try this

https://youtu.be/rsIiVNUn1Ss?t=2m52s

and this is title screen

JoyJoyfulRabbit
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWolfe on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Thanks Joy!

And Carpcom? They could have at least parodied the right company. Razz
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:27 pm

Meat Beat Mania.... I don't even...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kormann on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:20 am

Mr.Din wrote:
Just showing a little something I've been working on. Very Happy Let me know if the video shows, it's unlisted.
At first I thought that you only made those sprites for your avatar, but now I'm surprised.
I really loved this video and your twitter.
What engine are you using, SoRR, OpenBOR, or your own? Are you working alone?
Keep up the good work!
Kormann
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:08 pm

Kormann wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:
Just showing a little something I've been working on. Very Happy Let me know if the video shows, it's unlisted.
At first I thought that you only made those sprites for your avatar, but now I'm surprised.
I really loved this video and your twitter.
What engine are you using, SoRR, OpenBOR, or your own? Are you working alone?
Keep up the good work!
Hey! Thanks for the interest. yeah currently is mostly a one man show, I do have some contributors for music and other things. The current engine is Open Beats of Rage, I was actually able to recover that demo in the video and now I'm merging my works together. It's been an enjoyable project so far I love giving the characters, goons, locations etc my own spin. I may post a topic at a later time when the project is on it's legs so start turned!

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:41 pm

Hello people ! I have a question that buggs me.
I'm playing Streets of Rage 2 on emulator and I noticed something recently regarding sound effects. There is an overlay when several sfx are triggered at the same time.

ie: forward + A with Blaze. She start to say "Kikou..." and it is cut off by the next sound effect if the fireball connect (se impact).
ie: I kill two enemies almost at the same time. The first ennemy die "bwa..." and it is cut off by the second death voice effect that is trigger by the second one.

And the list goes on. I tried several roms of SoR2 and several emulator (several Gens , and last Kega Fusion build). I tried to tweak the sound option that those emulator have, but no result.

All my other roms of other genesis game works perfectly regarding sound (SoR3 excluded, the sound trouble are worst). I know sor3 is bad coded regarding sound effect on the genesis, so I think it's "normal".

So my question is : This sound effect overlay problem was originally there on Genesis or SoR2 is bad emulated or my computer sucks ?

Thank you. Smile

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem on Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:54 pm

I'd just like to announce that I cosplayed as Axel at a convention today. 3 people knew who he was! (Out of 2000 attendees).
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Xillatem wrote:I'd just like to announce that I cosplayed as Axel at a convention today. 3 people knew who he was! (Out of 2000 attendees).
well Axel doesn't exactly stand out in terms of design, which iteration did you cosplay as?

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Xillatem wrote:I'd just like to announce that I cosplayed as Axel at a convention today. 3 people knew who he was! (Out of 2000 attendees).

Pics bud or it didn't happen Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top