GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread)

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread)

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:57 pm

After my Axel Mii and now... Shiva Mii :U (with unlocked outfit)

JoyJoyfulRabbit
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:24 am

THIS is where the Big Ben laugh originated from.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:26 am

Ha, cool!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:44 am

............And guess what else I found as well at 3:52. Razz

You can also find the Jack laugh at 4:43, but it's already been confirmed to Yosamite Sam's laugh from Looney Tunes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:41 pm

That's the fun of being a hip hop enthusiast and an SoR fan, both are sample heaven. Very Happy

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:11 pm

You're a fan of Streets of Rage and the Simpsons?
Why not have both?

http://technabob.com/blog/2015/09/27/streets-of-rage-x-the-simpsons-t-shirt/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:44 pm

iceweb38 wrote:You're a fan of Streets of Rage and the Simpsons?
Why not have both?

http://technabob.com/blog/2015/09/27/streets-of-rage-x-the-simpsons-t-shirt/
I need this shirt!

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:10 pm

I had no idea who created SORR Mr X. A person who made Mr X for MUGEN known armin_iuf

http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t5637-mr-x-final-boss

Well... I was a bit late to see that while I search for Axel Stone on YouTube. <_<
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:36 am

So around SOR2 release on 3DS, there was a lenghty interview of Ayano Koshiro (none other than Yuzo's sister) on the official Ancient website:
http://ancgames.blog28.fc2.com/blog-entry-56.html

There's an amazing dude who is translating many official interviews and who can be supported via Patreon. He did translate all the interview along with the BKII design documents that were made available at the same time. Plenty of interesting tidbits about SOR2 developpement (Electra = Mr.X Lover?!) :
http://shmuplations.com/streetsofrage2/

If any of you is already supporting this guy, he has among his projects to do another interview with Koshiro about SOR3 which you can vote for.

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Very interesting. I always thought they studied both SFII and Final Fight to improve SoR, but actually, SFII was enough for them to understand what they totally miss from Final Fight like jump in pattern, blocking, mega crash. Those guys are definitly very smart.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:26 pm

"Yeah. It was done here, at our headquarters (the development actually took place in a different location). It was an old house, before the remodeling. I called my friends and some girls I knew and made them yell out Blaze’s lines. (laughs)"

Yuzo Koshiro lied to us! Shocked

Also love how she shits all over the cutsy little anime girl market in this interview. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  CajNatalie on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:17 pm

Knowing what the Sega CD SoR1 sounds like (original uncompressed & uneditted voice clips), I'm sure Yuzo did Blaze's voice in that one (you just hear the same guy as the other voices saying 'eyy' in an unconvincing squeaky voice). Just not in 2 or 3.
CajNatalie
Hakuyo

https://beam.pro/NattyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:39 am

Interesting notes:

• Abadede was supposed to be a Jr. Seems Ayane-chan had a wonderful time designing him. Razz
  • Vehelits seemed to have twin heads and was controlled by Zamza.
  • Beta name for the Hakuyo was Shirataka (*Caj, take notes to include this for the SOR2 mod in extra versions)
  • Caska had different face, Nora's hat and X's lover and bodyguard? Now that's interesting (Caj, take notes for mods again!)

Love when these concepts come out to the light, the ideas for modding are incredible. Expand the lore a lot.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:45 pm

BigDarsh wrote:Very interesting. I always thought they studied both SFII and Final Fight to improve SoR, but actually, SFII was enough for them to understand what they totally miss from Final Fight like jump in pattern, blocking, mega crash. Those guys are definitly very smart.

It's like she said, actually the programmers that were good back then were really good (I don't think there were any schools for this kind of things so that's something you'd have to learn all by yourself).
I guess it also helps as she said that it was such a small team working closely together.

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:11 pm

iceweb38 wrote:It's like she said, actually the programmers that were good back then were really good (I don't think there were any schools for this kind of things so that's something you'd have to learn all by yourself). I guess it also helps as she said that it was such a small team working closely together.

You bring an interesting subject. Even nowdays there is a fucking huge lack of knowledge by new studios who work on 3D beat em up because they actually go to school, instead of doing what Sega, WinkySoft, Noise Factory, Konami, Capcom, Technos Japan and SNK did at XXth century : playing video games without carring of the gendra.

I interviewed Ben Ruiz, it's the game designer of Aztez and I think he worked on DMC too (the reboot from 2010) and he's a good friend of Saurian Dash (Platinum game official Theorician). Ben Ruiz have big knowledge of 2D BTU, and 3D BTU, but not that much of Fighting games and still overlooked some very important BTU like Denjin Makai series.

I read a series of article on gamasutra about 3D BTU's game design,  just to see how the western industry "think", and Ben Ruiz was one of the guy who collaborate to this series of article. And by reading this, sometime I was just "what the fuck are they thinking to? Did they forget to play [enter a fighting game here]?"

Then I watched videos of youtubers who read game design books, and they will teach you a lot of interesting stuff about video rpg (things you might already know if you played RPG board game like D&D) but are pretty much unable to speak about Fighting games's metagame and game design.

This is how I understood why western BTU have some problems to evlove nowdays. They totally ignore the fighting game gendra, because there is no book about Fighting games and they forget the genesis of the two gendra. Back in the 90's, the BTU's game designers were working on Fighting games, and studied Fighting game and BTU like I did:

By fucking playing, not by reading books, since you will never find book about how fighting game and BTU are just two variants of the same game .

Ayano Koshiro wrote: I’m sure you’ve played Street Fighter II—my brother and I did too. We liked it so much we bought a cabinet and had it installed in the office at Ancient. My brother and I liked the way they fought in SFII and between the two of us, a shared vision of the fighting of Streets of Rage 2 arose,

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  CajNatalie on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Interesting notes:

• Abadede was supposed to be a Jr. Seems Ayane-chan had a wonderful time designing him. Razz
  • Vehelits seemed to have twin heads and was controlled by Zamza.
  • Beta name for the Hakuyo was Shirataka (*Caj, take notes to include this for the SOR2 mod in extra versions)
  • Caska had different face, Nora's hat and X's lover and bodyguard? Now that's interesting (Caj, take notes for mods again!)

Love when these concepts come out to the light, the ideas for modding are incredible. Expand the lore a lot.
As far as we know, Shirotaka was the translator's result of translating the kanji, while we know they already use Hakuyo (white hawk; will have same kanji for same meaning). Without something in kana or a note in roman letters to confirm if the translator had something for how they chose to say the kanji, it's extreme speculation.
Caska is already used in SoR2. You didn't know?
CajNatalie
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:51 pm

Caska? Mr X's lover and bodyguard?! SOund like new final boss for SOR4 Twisted Evil ahem. >_> Abadede remind me of Hugo from Final Fight
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  CajNatalie on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:34 pm

While doing research for the SoR2 mod, I found in one of BA's uploads...

See at the start a Y.Signal is called Akitosi?
This was likely shortened to Axi later.

Akitoshi Kawano was SoR2's Main Planner
Axi (beta Akitosi) is likely his cameo in the game.

Looks like I got me a 10'000 Point Signal!!!
CajNatalie
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:42 pm

That's not my youtube channel, but I understand why you thought that. Anyway nice video, nice channel and nice easter egg you found here CajNatalie.

I like to play and I think this channel belong to Mr.Din. Let see if I'm a better detective than you. Monocle

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:04 am

Hi guys, I've been nominated to represent Streets of Rage Online at Sega Fan Jam 2016, I will also be representing Brawlers Avenue but most importantly I'll be presenting the demo of "Streets of Rage Neo". this may be a later more developed version of the game, I still plan to do a smaller demo prior to this so no worries there. Anyway, if there's any thing you guys want presented, talked about etc (given I get an interview) let me know here! I know these lovely mods for 5.1 should be an icebreaker as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:41 am

Congratulations. Nice news!

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Mr.Din wrote:Hi guys, I've been nominated to represent Streets of Rage Online at Sega Fan Jam 2016, I will also be representing Brawlers Avenue but most importantly I'll be presenting the demo of "Streets of Rage Neo". this may be a later more developed version of the game, I still plan to do a smaller demo prior to this so no worries there. Anyway, if there's any thing you guys want presented, talked about etc (given I get an interview) let me know here! I know these lovely mods for 5.1 should be an icebreaker as well.

That's awesome! Congrats!

Well all I could ask is that you do your best to raise awareness around the SOR series, it needs to be in the spotlight again! I guess your fangame can help, so can SORR as well. And yeah, we have a good load of excellent mods now so yeah many many options you have there!

BTW, Project X Zone 2 released in Japan a few weeks ago, have a look at Axel Stone defusing Rakushin bombs, fighting Robots X and Break BKIII fashion way on Resident Evil Revelations's Queen Zenobia hall. All along with a sweet remix of Go Straight!

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:16 pm

someone ripped cut-ins "sprites" :U

JoyJoyfulRabbit
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:16 pm

Very nice! I'm waiting for a rip of that go Striaght remix myself, which should be up on the web shortly!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:13 am

Axel looks fucking amazing in this game! Too bad break didn't get a chance to attack, wanted to see what he was capable of. Props to them for go straight, Robo X, the bombs, break and the call back to Axel's moves from all three games. They really nailed it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top