What games are you playing at the moment?

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  badjab326 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:13 pm

I may have to check out remember me. I've been really weary of new IPs from capcom but this actually sounds interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Remember Me also picked my interest a while ago, a shame I haven't took the time to play it, it's been developped in Paris after all.
I've been hearing only good things from all my friends who played it and they're usually more demanding than I am.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:17 pm

I was very skeptical considering Capcom hadn't necessarily been that good to the brawler/action genre but I highly recommend this one, it's a true gem. I'd go as far as to say it's a good transition to 3d Brawlers. The story is about as much as you would expect out of a straight brawler though, just a heads up lol.

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Yeah, it was getting middling reviews when it came out, something I would consider on Steam for less than a fiver anyway.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pcgamer1`555 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:02 pm

Mostly I've been playing games on the PC and sometimes on PS3.

The games I've played on PC
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Super Meat Boy
Need for Speed Series
Rayman Raving Rabidds

The Games I've played on Ps3
Call of Duty Advance Warfare
FIFA 15

pcgamer1`555

Back to top Go down

Post  klares on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:49 pm

great game, recently came the version in Spanish (my language)
and I am enjoying as a dwarf.
klares
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:19 pm

klares wrote:

great game, recently came the version in Spanish (my language)
and I am enjoying as a dwarf.

YESSSSS!!!!

You have made a fine choice my friend. One of my favorite games of all time! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:31 am

I'm playing Xenoverse since the game came out. It's a decent mix of btu and rpg in the DBZ universe. The game has very little depth in combat mechanics, and the random number generator for loot item or to make boss spawn is very bad. The good aspect is the customisation of the character which is pretty wide and playing with friends (up to 3 players) to beat the crap of stupid IA is somewhat fun.

A decent DBZ game, a decent RPG, a decent BTU, very casual friendly, a cool party game but not really an amazing game.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorenzo The Comic on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Super Smash Bros. 4, pouring lots of time into Amiibo.
Lorenzo The Comic
Galsia

http://candra-m.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Break on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:11 am

Um... really, I'm not playing too many games. Mainly I just play Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the Virtual Console for Wii, as I find it's the only game I own that holds my attention. There's also Paper Mario: TTYD, but it's kinda boring me.

Lorenzo The Comic wrote:Super Smash Bros. 4, pouring lots of time into Amiibo.

Aaaaah, I'm so jealous! Before SoRR, the new SSB was my every desire!
Break
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:28 pm

Holy shit, Chrono Trigger is 20 years old!?

I was actually thinking about this game recently and thought about playing through it again. I guess now would be a perfect time to do so. Happy Anniversary CT!

Back to top Go down

Post  Break on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:55 pm

Will (hopefully) be playing SoRR in a few moments. Computer's making some pretty noisy humming and's over-heated, so the fan's set on it. A bit unconventional to plug in a controller that way. xD

Oh, I've also been playing Fire Emblem Awakening, pairing up new units for S Supports.
Break
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:45 am

I'm playing L.A. Noire at the moment. I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it so far. The facial animation is great and it makes you wonder why it isn't used in newer games that look worse. Anyway, great fun being a detective, interrogating suspects, and gathering clues. Recommended for €5 on Steam for the complete edition!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:01 am

Well, after a surprising 75 hours put into it (usually these games take about 15-20 hours tops), I finished MGSV Friday night. I wanted to express how I felt about the game, and its taken me a couple days to sit down and think about it. If you haven't beaten the game yet and don't want to be spoiled, don't open the rest of this post. SPOILERZ ALERT

Spoiler:
Last chance, don't look if you don't want to be spoiled for realz.
Spoiler:

Ok, I do enjoy this game. It will definitely go down as one of my favorite MG games, but I definitely overhyped it lol. It's not going to be the best game I ever played and FFVII is still the champion as far as I'm concerned and it's probably below both MGS1 and MGS3 as far as ranking it. Mechanically, its by far the best Metal Gear gameplay-wise, its incredibly addicting, its got some incredible missions and some of my favorite video game moments ever come from missions 18 and 43 (nearly got choked up during the latter. Felt bad having to shoot my own soldiers and most of them not understanding why or the ones that do giving that decision for me to make). The game does kinda go on for a little too long and some of the missions at the end feel bland compared to the Chapter 1 missions. All in all, the gameplay is fantastic and I am really happy that it built off of Peace Walker's gameplay, which I thought was an exciting and fresh look on the series.

The story is something that is very divisive on the internet. To be honest, I was anticipating this game so much just for the gameplay only. Personally, I felt the last great Metal Gear story was MGS3 and MGS4 ruined the shit out of the entire series' storyline with some of the nonsense it brought upon and PW had a shit story as well (although that game had great gameplay like I mentioned above), so I wasn't expecting anything great here. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the story. Sure, it wasn't the best in the series, but I actually liked it. The presentation could've been A LOT better though, having many crucial plot points designated to optional tapes was not a good design choice, and some things were just awkward (the jeep scene) and it's incredibly frustrating that we didn't get a proper end to Venom Snake's storyline and Eli's. But I thought the vocal parasite strain storyline was pretty interesting and the themes of revenge and race were done quite well in this game. This is not a popular opinion, but I didn't mind the villain Skull Face much either even though everyone thought he was pretty terrible. Sure, he could've been a lot better, but he was still a pretty cold and heartless bastard and one of the most (if not, the most) evil villain in the whole series with ethnic cleansing and had a believable backstory that backs his plan up (and the bell tape with Code Talker shows what a piece of shit this guy could be). Quiet was a really good character too and had an awesome story. Too bad her outfit is anime as shit and the explanation behind it is fucking laughable, because it detracts from what is one of the best characters in the whole series.

Oh, and about that twist. I'm also in an extreme minority with this one, but I enjoyed the twist lol. I thought it was pretty clever and it explains some odd things with the game like why Snake is so damn quiet all the time. I expected that the avatar you created was going to be Ishmael, but not actually you this entire time lol. I remember when Kojima announced that he wanted the main character to reflect the player and had Snake silent. Now looking back on that, it was another clever trolling moment by Kojima. You got me! The only thing about it is that it really doesn't add anything much to the storyline at all. Sure, it does kinda explain why Miller is against Big Boss in Metal Gear 2, and it answers a question that nobody wanted an answer to in how Big Boss survives at the end of MG1, but it doesn't really add anything else to the story at all. I felt that Kojima did this out of revenge (wink wink) against his own fanbase for reacting negatively at playing as Raiden instead of Snake in MGS2 a long time ago. "Oh, you want to play as Big Boss? Well I will make it look like you are playing as Big Boss and then reveal in the ENDING that you are not in fact Big Boss and represent the player again! I got you fuckers didn't I!?" Either way, I didn't mind it, but it probably could've been done without it.

Pros:
+ Incredible gameplay. Best mechanics in a MGS game, period.
+ Some of the best moments I have had in any game ever.
+ A rather surprisingly good story.
+ Cool villain.
+ Kinda redeems MGS4 fucking the whole series' plot in some ways. Which is a super plus.
+ Sins of the Father and Quiet's Theme are by far some of the best music the series has ever had. Awesome Peace Walker Theme remix as well.
+ Built off of Peace Walker and exceeded my expectations on this.
+ Level design was incredible in most areas and the open world exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed exploring the terrains of Afghanistan and South Africa.
+ Taboo subjects were handled very well. I really thought Kojima wouldn't handle subjects like child soldiers, human trafficking, race, etc. properly. But he sure did here.

Cons:
- The rain scene. Second most cringeworthy scene in the entire series, right behind the proposal scene from MGS4. Oh well, at least we got a hilarious model swap of Ocelot video on Youtube out of it at least.
- The jeep scene was lolworthy. I don't know if Kojima was trying to do something like a grand view of the setting when Sins of the Father kicks in like its done in most movies, but what we get instead is a staring contest with two guys. Shame that Sins of the Father was used here, it kinda weakens the song.
- The music was good in some areas and has some incredible themes like I mentioned above, but I've heard better in the series.
- Story is good, but the execution could be a lot better.
- Whether or not Mission 51 was cut for artistic reasons or if Konami stepped in and was being their usual shitty self to Kojima Productions and forced them to rush the game out and not finish the mission, its a little frustrating that we never do get a proper sendoff to Venom and Eli's storylines.
- The only real disappointment with this game that let me down was Mother Base. It started out promising, but halfway through you realize that there is no point to explore it when the only thing you can do is have soldiers salute you and take a shower once awhile when the diamonds disappear when you upgrade enough. After awhile, it's just a big and empty void with nothing to do in it.

All in all, it's an incredible game, but it does have its flaws too. For me, it should be the best game ever, but some odd design choices stop it from being that unfortunately. With that being said, it's still an incredible game and for sure GOTY 2015 like I have said many, many times in the past. Awesome send off to the series and gets rid of the sour taste that MGS4 left me. This is what that game should've been.

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:29 am

Ok so despite the fact that in my current job I have little to no spare time, I'm right in the middle of a bunch of playthroughs. With PC games being so damn cheap I'm drowning in games to play. Right now I'm playing...

MGSV: Really taking my time with this, and enjoying every second.
DmC: Using only the classic costume, I think this may be my gateway to finally playing the classic DMC games.
Bionic Commando: Once again classic costume only, this game is wonky as hell though...
Guacamelee: Definitely lots of fun, haven't played co-op yet but I'm sure it makes the game a lot better.
Strider: Excellent game, but idk if I'll be interested enough to finish it.
Tomb Raider: This was supposed to replace Uncharted for me, but I don't see it topping Uncharted 2 yet...
Black Ops III: A youtube shootbang.
Yoshi's Woolly World: Did I mention I have a Wii U now? It's a good game, pretty much what I'd expect from nintendo. I still hate Amiibos though.

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:34 pm

I've recently been playing MUGEN. For those who don't know what it is, it's a 2D fighter game engine, kinda like the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter games, that modders use to create characters and stages.

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:17 am

At the moment playing Road Redemption great Road Rash style game brilliant fun.

Oddworld New and Tasty great remake of the original game and if you are looking a great challenge get this game.

Shadows of Mordor brilliant action adventure game with great game mechanics, a brilliant system of were if a Orc kills you they rank up and changes the perspective of the game

And of course SORR.
bazzza
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:32 am

bazzza wrote:Oddworld New and Tasty great remake of the original game and if you are looking a great challenge get this game.

Glad to hear. I have been eyeing this remake for awhile and I hear good things about it. I need to pick it up when I get the chance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:25 am

KFCutman wrote:I've recently been playing MUGEN. For those who don't know what it is, it's a 2D fighter game engine, kinda like the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter games, that modders use to create overpowered Akumas.

Fixed.
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:35 am

Xillatem wrote:
KFCutman wrote:I've recently been playing MUGEN. For those who don't know what it is, it's a 2D fighter game engine, kinda like the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter games, that modders use to create overpowered Akumas.

Fixed.

Win...

...or super Evil Orochi Violent Shin Oh-So-Serious Riot Awaken Ryus, Kyos, Ioris, etc.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:55 am

Don Vecta wrote:
Xillatem wrote:

Fixed.

Win...

...or super Evil Orochi Violent Shin Oh-So-Serious Riot Awaken Ryus, Kyos, Ioris, etc.
You can't forget Omega Tom Hanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Or Omega Tiger Woods~! >=)

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:05 pm

Deciding to give old Sonic the Hedgehog 2 a run through tonight since it's the 25th anniversary of the Mega Drive.

Might move on to some SOR for dessert also.

Admin

http://www.sorrcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:05 am

I have to say this is one of the best Platformer games I have ever played.

Shantae and the Pirates curse. Wayforward seem to have done everything about right with this this gem, fluid gameplay, tight controls, jaunty music, well paced, great balance and most of all great fun. Plus I picked it up on the steam Winter sale well worth the price I highly recommended it.
bazzza
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:46 am

I've just been enjoying some old classics on this: http://www.funstockretro.co.uk/blazetab-android-gaming-tablet
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top