What games are you playing at the moment?

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Charco on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:49 pm

I must check it out.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Charco wrote:I must check it out.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_Complete_%28hack%29

Just scroll down a bit and you'll find the link. It is a must-play, and this is coming from someone who doesn't really bother with hacks at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:19 am

So, got a hold of a Spanish translated hackrom of The King of Fighters: Kyo, and been playing my bung off the whole weekend. ;D

I played the original Japanese game for PSone around 1999, and I enjoyed it a lot, but unfortunately, could barely made heads or tails of the text and commands (I basically played it by trial and error, and the scissors, paper, rock fighting mechanics attracted me).

So now that I've got a completely comprehensive game with everything translated in my language, I was completely immersed in the story and gameplay, which now filled up the whole experience that was missing 15 years ago.

For those who don't know, KOFK takes between the KOF '96 and a bit more than a month before the '97 tournament. It involves Kyo as his life as a KOF champion, with lots of new people challenging to take over his invitation to the tournament, his preparation, dealing with family issues, finding partners for the '97 tourney and an early manifestation of the Hakkesshu causing havoc in Japan and later in other countries.

The main antagonist is, as expected, the favorite emo badass Iori Yagami, who's gonna be causing you troubles all over the way, interfering with your would-be partners or challenging you whenever he has the chance (it's almost imperative that every time you encounter him, you have to kick his ass).

The Hakkesshu (Ryuji and Yashiro in one pair, and Chris and Shermie in other) are also causing huge mayhem, and it's up to Kyo to stop them all the way to the road to the tournament.

For those arcade KOF story line purist, will find there's A LOT of creative license in the script that was changed from the original story line. For instance, the New Face Team make their presence as Orochi heirs obvious since the very beginning, Ryuji working along Yashiro (in the original KOF '97, Ryuji won't give a shit about Orochi), Geese and Mr. Big entering the tournament, etc. But fortunately, whereas there's huge changes in some events, it won't break too much of the main concept of the original '97, which is reviving Orochi within Chris, the kidnap of Yuki and dealing with Riot Iori or Riot Leona.

The combat system is now, for me, a lot clearer and more fun. With strategy how to choose your attacks or motions in order to defeat your enemies. Has a lot of guessing, but also puts values in positioning, stock bars, use of attacks and defensive moves. I honestly think it could use a bit of extra commands like grabs or jumps commands in order to surpass some kind of moves.

Overall, as a KOF fan, I was glad to finally play this gaiden game to the full experience. It has a nice replay value (not so great) by the side missions of getting most (you CAN'T get them all in a single game session, you gotta side to certain party, and when you do, the other one will hate you for that) of the KOF characters available as Kyo's partners (unfortunately, and due of storyline and obvious reasons, you WON'T be able to use the antagonists as team members: Ryuji, the NFT, Yagami, Riot Yagami, Riot Leona, Orochi, neither the supporting playable characters: the Sendo brothers, Souji Kusanagi or Saishu Kusanagi). However, everyone is able to be played in a Battle Mode as you would be able to unlock them when complete the story mode or some special requirements.

Anyways,I was happy to finally play it, and even if the story is not 100% canon, is quite entertaining and enjoyable. Most of the game's main story missions are fully voiced with the original KOF cast, beautifully animated (for the era, of course, don't expect HD resolution) and music is okayish (some nice covers of the KOF tunes, and a lot of new ambient tracks). Not sure if there's an existing English hackrom, though... but Spanish speakers could enjoy it now.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Wot? No Wolfgang Krauser?
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:50 am

Xillatem wrote:Wot? No Wolfgang Krauser?

Yeah, he wasn't included in the roster. Which is bad, would be great if he'd be added to form the boss team again.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:13 am

So I have been giving this game a good hammering, just straight tons of fun and one of my favorite series, I know thizs series get a bad rap for being repetitive but damn there nothing like vanquishing thousands of enemies with over the top weapons. The story itself is awesome and tons of replay value too.

Give it a try people.

bazzza
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Well, besides playing to my content The Rhythm of Fighters, got me Bully: Scholarship Edition for PC.

I remember I got me the original PS2 game, but never was able to go beyond the first chapter. I don't even remember why didn't I continue playing it. So now got it for PC the enhanced version, and I have to say I'm having a blast!

I like that this is a kiddie GTA combined with beat 'em up elements, but I love beating the shit out of bullies and assholes and then make them my friends as the storyline goes on.

I thought it would be more boring if I only kept myself inside the high school, but after chapter 2, I was able to venture out and use vehicles (bikes and a scooter) and do extra jobs and more interesting stuff. Kinda bums me that free roam is still too limited by the time and you'll be "wanted" if you're skipping classes (in case you haven't passed all of them), out of the curfew time and even passing out after 2 am. There's rare moments when the clock won't be displayed to continue the free roam, but those are rare.

Anyways, I'm still on Chapter 5, so I might give an even better review when I actually finish the game.

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:27 pm

Beat Zelda The Wind Waker recently and have started this:

Timely with the news of the HD remaster. Might play through all the ones on the Gamecube.

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:38 am

Well my girlfriend and I both got some gaming PC's so we're plying through a few games for our new youtube channel Razz

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2T6Qhr6njNcg8nLxLcuYWg

Evil Within and Dead Rising 2. Evil Within has a really good feel to it. It's like if Resident Evil 6 was actually a survival Horror game. And Dead Rising is always fun, a more lighthearted take on zombie games with a really high action co-op storyline.

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:10 pm

Playing this, like Charco Razz

An excellent remaster and one I was wishing for quite some time.
They managed to polish as much as they could the pre-rendered assets to 720p and the result is pretty satisfying + they added a lot of new options such as new controls, new options, leaderboard, trophies, gallery and new costumes! They also recreated facial animations, lighting effects, 3d models and remastered all the audio in 5:1.
Aside a very few technical flaws, it's definitely the definitive version of Resident Evil : Remake and a blast to rediscover! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:34 pm

iceweb38 wrote:it's definitely the definitive version of Resident Evil : Remake

Maybe the second most definitive edition behind the PS4 version in 1080p?

Time for me to go back under my bridge now and finish eating those bones.

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Of course but both PS3 and PS4 versions are coming at the same time in the West so it's obvious you'd take the superior version if you have one of the next gen consoles (or if you stick on PC like some peeps here Razz)
They actually just announced the PC port would have 60fps so that'd make the most definitive version of all, though I'm curious to see how it would render.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Playing some SERIOUS!

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:29 pm

GTAV and WWE 2K15 on PS4 Smile

That, and the South Park table on Zen Pinball!
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:29 pm

So my girlfriend got me Arkham Origins and the season pass for Christmas. I've beaten the main story and I'm finishing upthe side missions before tackling the DLC. I must say the game is a lot better than I thought it would be, and it looks amazing on PC with the settings maxed out. However there is definitely something lacking here that was present in Arkham City, and that is polish. There are a few glitches here and there but the main thing I'm noticing is that the new animations aren't as smooth. Also the new characters aren't as well thought out, there are just a lot of things that just needed more cooking time, but they have some great concepts that I hope to see fleshed out in Arkham Knight.

However one thing they excelled on was the boss fights, I could tell they put a lot of time and thought into them and it helped immensely. Overall its definitely worth a shot if you're a Bat fan, though I'd play it before playing Arkham City since that IMO is the most complete and well polished Arkham Game.

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:45 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Playing this, like Charco Razz

An excellent remaster and one I was wishing for quite some time.
They managed to polish as much as they could the pre-rendered assets to 720p and the result is pretty satisfying + they added a lot of new options such as new controls, new options, leaderboard, trophies, gallery and new costumes! They also recreated facial animations, lighting effects, 3d models and remastered all the audio in 5:1.
Aside a very few technical flaws, it's definitely the definitive version of Resident Evil : Remake and a blast to rediscover! Very Happy

Is this out yet or are you playing the gamecube version.
bazzza
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:49 pm

Killed one-eyed bitch, posral v garnizone and leg spat'. This is fucking army!

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:05 am

badjab326 wrote:So my girlfriend got me Arkham Origins and the season pass for Christmas. I've beaten the main story and I'm finishing upthe side missions before tackling the DLC. I must say the game is a lot better than I thought it would be, and it looks amazing on PC with the settings maxed out. However there is definitely something lacking here that was present in Arkham City, and that is polish. There are a few glitches here and there but the main thing I'm noticing is that the new animations aren't as smooth. Also the new characters aren't as well thought out, there are just a lot of things that just needed more cooking time, but they have some great concepts that I hope to see fleshed out in Arkham Knight.

However one thing they excelled on was the boss fights, I could tell they put a lot of time and thought into them and it helped immensely. Overall its definitely worth a shot if you're a Bat fan, though I'd play it before playing Arkham City since that IMO is the most complete and well polished Arkham Game.

I am actually replaying this over the holidays too! I just have Deadshot to take down and finish the last case file and then I will move on to Cold, Cold Heart. I definitely agree with everything you have said about the game, I think the story was great and the boss fights are definitely much more fun. I really enjoyed the story DLC aswell. I'll move on to Asylum and City next so as to do the whole story in chronological order.

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:40 am

Charco wrote:
badjab326 wrote:So my girlfriend got me Arkham Origins and the season pass for Christmas. I've beaten the main story and I'm finishing upthe side missions before tackling the DLC. I must say the game is a lot better than I thought it would be, and it looks amazing on PC with the settings maxed out. However there is definitely something lacking here that was present in Arkham City, and that is polish. There are a few glitches here and there but the main thing I'm noticing is that the new animations aren't as smooth. Also the new characters aren't as well thought out, there are just a lot of things that just needed more cooking time, but they have some great concepts that I hope to see fleshed out in Arkham Knight.

I am actually replaying this over the holidays too! I just have Deadshot to take down and finish the last case file and then I will move on to Cold, Cold Heart. I definitely agree with everything you have said about the game, I think the story was great and the boss fights are definitely much more fun. I really enjoyed the story DLC aswell. I'll move on to Asylum and City next so as to do the whole story in chronological order.
I plan on doing the same thing, except I got Blackgate during the steam sale so I'll be playing that too before moving to AA.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:19 am

Now that I am finished Arkham Origins on PS3, I've been playing around with trying some games on my laptop. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance looks pretty nice on the highest graphics settings via HDMI on my tv. Also tried a bit of Fez, which is very clever with it's rotating 3d puzzles.

I was going to play through Arkham Asylum and Arkham City on my PS3, but I think I might prefer to buy them for the laptop and enjoy the improved graphics. Seems they are still cheap here:
http://www.instant-gaming.com/en/steam-games/#games-B

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:06 pm

PC versions are great, but it sucks that Joker was a PS3 exclusive. He was my favorite part of Asylum Razz also the controls are different than the PS3 versions but I think Origins changed that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:07 pm

Picked up Asylum and City for cheap, definitely a step up from the PS3 versions graphics wise. PC all the way from now on, games are so cheap and better than their console equivalents.

BTW, is Nidhogg good? Saw you were playing it on Steam and had read some good things about it.

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:13 pm

Damn DV ! I just saw your message about KoF Kyo, I have this game in my collection for more than 10 years and I'm still very frustated for the reason you were. Since my spanish still sucks, you just killed me, but I'm glad someone took the time to translate it, this game is really compelling for kof fans.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:34 am

Charco wrote:Picked up Asylum and City for cheap, definitely a step up from the PS3 versions graphics wise. PC all the way from now on, games are so cheap and better than their console equivalents.

BTW, is Nidhogg good? Saw you were playing it on Steam and had read some good things about it.
It's a very fun, competitive and easy to play game. Those are 3 things that are extremely hard to pull together, and yet they managed to do it incredibly well! The only complaint I have is a lack of content seeing as there's only 3 stages and 2 playable colors (characters?). However if you find it on sale it's definitely worth the $3-5 for a few hours of fun with friends since anybody can pick up and play (also we're totally playing online if you get it).

Edit: The soundtrack is amazing too. The cloud stage theme is ridiculously stuck in my head.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Remember Me is a great game, very surprised with capcoms work here. The custom combos, rhythmatic combat, dynamic music and the setting is haunting but beautiful, very cinematic. It's no surprise to me that the game is niche being a straight forward brawler with a few climbing elements, I'd give this one a shot if you're looking for a fun beat em up with a semi decent story.

Ninja Gaiden Z: Yaiba on the other hand isn't as good as I thought it would be, picked it up brand new for about 8 dollars. It's a shame really given the effort put into the packaging and advertisement, the game comes with a full color manual, a separate soundtrack disc, codes for digital download of said soundtrack as well as a bonus costume dlc for DoA and a dark horse comic book.

I think this is one of those missed opportunity games. It should've taken the old arcade ninja Gaiden's 2d gameplay given it took the simplicity route. This would've solved the horrid camera issues as well as made tribute to the oldschool, the platforming sections might've also benefited from this. It's an okay game but it definitely doesn't live up to the rest of the series.

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top