What games are you playing at the moment?

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Saven on Wed May 14, 2014 9:18 pm

Finished Legend of Dragoon a couple weeks ago. Still a good game I think, although I do admit that it does get a bit corny in some areas.

Just finished the latest episode of TWD.

Spoiler:
I think Kenny now can be classified as one of video games' biggest badasses.

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Thu May 15, 2014 8:56 am

Yeah Legend of Dragoon is good but doesn't reach the level of a Final Fantasy.

Also did the lastest episode of TWD:
Spoiler:
Still as intense as ever, the parts with Carver were seriously fucked up! He and Troy got what they deserve though. But I get the feeling Episode 4 is only going to be worse, waaaay worse.

Quite disappointed with the 400 days characters though, they only made a cameo, except for Bonnie, when I expected a bit more of everybody from the 400 days episode.
400 days should have been centered on Bonnie if she is the only character that will get developped and featured in the Season 2.

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 on Thu May 15, 2014 1:52 pm

who like this,Arcade of the Three Kingdoms,This is interesting,The difficulty in general
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3045056206

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Thu May 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Knights of Valour, this a a really cool series.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Thu May 15, 2014 5:09 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Yeah Legend of Dragoon is good but doesn't reach the level of a Final Fantasy.

Also did the lastest episode of TWD:
Spoiler:
Still as intense as ever, the parts with Carver were seriously fucked up! He and Troy got what they deserve though. But I get the feeling Episode 4 is only going to be worse, waaaay worse.

Quite disappointed with the 400 days characters though, they only made a cameo, except for Bonnie, when I expected a bit more of everybody from the 400 days episode.
400 days should have been centered on Bonnie if she is the only character that will get developped and featured in the Season 2.

Spoiler:
Absolutely agree! 400 Days was an absolute waste of an episode looking at it now. I had issues with the episode itself before, but now they are just throwing away all of the characters. I actually forgot that Bonnie was in 400 Days until someone pointed it out at the end of EP 2.

IIRC, didn't one of the other girls, Shel and Becca, have to deal with a dictatorish leader in their story in 400 Days? That would have been something good to reflect on in this episode. Wasted opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Thu May 15, 2014 8:22 pm

Spoiler:
Yeah indeed, they were with Roman. The difference is that they are not exactly the same kind of leaders. Carver is more of the type that use his charisma to get things the way he wants and so vicious he truly make you think twice about ever backstabbing him. Roman was never that subtle and only did what he feels was necessary to survive.

It would have been a truly interesting analysis indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sun May 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Been playing some cool shoot 'em ups on the Mega Drive this past week, first up, Gynoug:

This one is pretty wicked, it has some nice visuals for an early Megadrive game with some nice graphical tricks. The music is pretty good too and the bosses are quite cool as you will see in the video.

Next up, Thunder Force III:

Pure awesomeness. This is all.

Next up, Gaiares:

This one was pretty cool I must say, it has some interesting game mechanics that I hadn't seen before in the genre. Firstly, your ship is equipped with the "TOZ" system. It's an orb you shoot at your enemies that, when retrieved, provides you with a variation of the weapon of your opponent. The more you send it to a particular enemy, the more it powers up. This is really cool as you can play around with shooting it at different enemies to find some pretty cool weapons.

The levels have some decent graphics and the music is pretty good too. Some stages have different paths you can take within the level, even though they both end up at the same boss, it's a nice feature and adds a bit of replay value to the game.

There's a decent intro to the game which would remind you of a PC Engine CD or Mega CD intro. Nice for a cart game.

The Mega Drive had some excellent shoot em' ups. I will probably try Thunder Force IV and M.U.S.H.A. Aleste this week.

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:09 pm

So I got DIOS MIOS working on my Wii and can now play Gamecube games from my HDD. Started playing one of my old favourites (that I have on disc but to HDD) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. Yes, I owned the original on PS1 and have played this version a couple of times too, and can say that this version is my favourite. What you think of THAT Saven and Benny 26  Razz 

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Charco wrote:So I got DIOS MIOS working on my Wii and can now play Gamecube games from my HDD. Started playing one of my old favourites (that I have on disc but to HDD) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. Yes, I owned the original on PS1 and have played this version a couple of times too, and can say that this version is my favourite. What you think of THAT Saven and Benny 26  Razz 

Enjoy your ridiculous over-the-top anime-like cutscenes that sometimes even embarrasses MGS4 itself. Razz

But on a serious note, its still not a bad game even though I spew venom for it all the time. It's really just the cutscenes, the FPS mode greatly reducing the gameplay, and the music that I have issues with on that game. But each to their own, MGS1 regardless is one of the greatest games ever made. Just don't be one of those lolworthy fanboys that go "Oh, TTS is the canon version of MGS1 because they use audio clips from that game ins MGS4." Laughing

I was thinking about going through the whole series again after watching that awesome 30 minute demo of TPP a couple days ago. Well, except for Portable Ops and maybe MGS4 because they are terrible games.

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Charco wrote:So I got DIOS MIOS working on my Wii and can now play Gamecube games from my HDD. Started playing one of my old favourites (that I have on disc but to HDD) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. Yes, I owned the original on PS1 and have played this version a couple of times too, and can say that this version is my favourite. What you think of THAT Saven and Benny 26  Razz 

Whut? 

Ok fair enough there's the graphics which look better than blocky face and the improved controls (although most people agree it makes the game a lot easier in places and as such is a bad thing)

BUT the cutscenes, like Saven says, are ridiculous and really do make the game look stupid......and yeah I'll admit MGS4 takes a huge shit in that direction too  Laughing

My biggest beef with the game is they re-did all the voice acting and some iconic lines from the original are just flat and emotionless in it now imo. Also recasting Gray Fox annoys me, just doesn't sit right on my ears.

I'm also very close to a MGS marathon like you Saven, this TPP stuff has me fired up.

Admin

http://www.sorrcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:30 am

I wish I hadn't quit my own MGS marathon so early on, I still plan on finishing it before TPP but it'll be when I have more personal time. As of now I'm training with a personal trainer to bulk up, I'm getting pretty good hours at work and my ladyfriend is of course taking quite a bit of my time lol. I'm still addicted to GTA Online with all the updates and stuff too so whenever I turn on my PS3 I usually play that with all my buddies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:04 am

So I finished MGS: The Twin Snakes and moved on to Zelda The Wind Waker GC version on Wii. I had forgotten how beautiful this game looks even in its original version as opposed to the Wii U HD version. Really enjoying it.

Played Comix Zone on the Mega Drive aswell last night, a great example of a developer getting the most out of a system late in its lifespan.

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:43 pm

^Cool.

As my PS3 is dead... and besides my normal modding duties, right now I'm playing GTA Vice City Stories on PS2 and Final Fantasy Tactics on PSone. Ol' school games always taste sooo good. Very Happy 

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Nice Charco!

Well, I played through another game recently, and it so happened to be....

Razz

Did a run on it skipping the cutscenes and seeing how fast I could complete it. I beat it a little over the 2 1/2 hour mark, so I missed the fast ranking at the end by a few minutes. Sad

But now I am trying to do a MGS marathon, with cutscenes and everything, in chronological order. So I'm currently playing MGS3 HD atm, provided that my PS3 doesn't crap out on me. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Played through MGS3 last week. Still a great game, but I have decided to go ahead and stop my MGS marathon for now. Kinda starting to get out of the MG feel.

Not done with Kojima however, as I have recently had a sudden urge to play through one of his older games. I have played the other adventure game, but not this one. The one that Kojima/Konami never intended us to play and was never released anywhere outside of Japan.

I wasn't really for sure about it at first, considering that I really didn't care for Snatcher that much (unpopular opinion, I know). It was alright I guess, but no where near as godly as the internet made it out to be, and the story in that game ended up....well, to quote Charco one time.

Charco wrote:(On MGS2) a convoluted mess and Kojima at his masturbating worst.

Just replace MGS2 with Snatcher and thats how I felt about that game's story. Razz

But anyways, just started it Policenauts, and I am really enjoying it so far. Besides the typical adventure stuff, it has some awesome music so far, and cool shooting sections like you would see in arcade games like T2 or Lethal Enforcers. I heard the story is a little bit more straightforward and not as complex as some of Kojima's other stories. But that's ok with me, as long as it isn't stupid.

Oh yeah, and like every Kojima game ever made, you can flirt with anything that has a vagina.

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:11 pm

So I've been going emulator crazy lately...

I'm surprised at how well these consoles run on my laptop

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Awesome, I play retro games via emulation more than current games these days. Would love a htpc setup like this:

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Got that laptop finally I see. Nice!

Welcome to the master race badjab! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:59 am

Saven wrote:Got that laptop finally I see. Nice!

This is actually my old laptop from like 4 years ago! I just figured out how to get most of these emulators working for the first time. I'm still buying a desktop for Arkham Knight though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:14 am

Ah the joy of emulation. I know it all too well.

Lookin' good badjab! Smile

Admin

http://www.sorrcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Just beat "Amid the ruins" from Walking Dead season 2.
Best episode of the season so far, felt terrible about most of events and choices I did.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:01 am

badjab326 wrote:
Saven wrote:Got that laptop finally I see. Nice!

This is actually my old laptop from like 4 years ago! I just figured out how to get most of these emulators working for the first time. I'm still buying a desktop for Arkham Knight though.

Emulation: A subtle FUCK YOU to those game companies who are making awful "next gen" games and overrated consoles, and a reminder that old school will always beat the new school.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Decided to do a re-run of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines (haven't played it in around 5 years or so) and was surprised that even until now, there's still awesome unofficial patches for the game (extra content, bug fixes, etc.). Enjoying it very very much. Smile

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:55 am

Played through the old Genesis Sonic games + Sonic CD this past week now that Xilla got me right back in the mood for it after seeing his mod. Laughing

For Sonic 3, I played a hack of it called Sonic 3 Complete, which customizes both gameplay and music so that you can play the original S3 music before it gets butchered in S&K and you can change the layout of stages to match it to either S3 or S&K's layout or even play the original prototype layout of the Flying Battery Zone. And you can even change the level layout to make it the original layout that was intended before the split was introduced (So instead of Carnival Night --> Ice Cap --> Launch Base --> Mushroom Hill --> Flying Battery --> Sandopolis, it's now Carnival Night --> Flying Battery --> Ice Cap --> Launch Base --> Mushroom Hill --> Sandopolis). There are plenty of other options to play around with if you bored and even includes the full Blue Sphere game. It's one of the best hacks I have ever played, if not the best! Very Happy

But now, I am going back to an old game that I started a long time ago, but I never got around to beating for some reason. A game that I loved a lot as a kid. It's time to finish it:

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Sonic 3 Complete is THE definitive version of Sonic 3. Also ramps up the difficulty if you switch the zone order as there's less chances for Super Rings in the S&K portion of the game.

And you can alter the music if you want, handy when it comes to the ultra-repetitive Super Sonic music (You can change it to the sped-up Zone music, or the S2 Super Sonic theme). Plus there's also the option of the S1/2 Sonic sprites, and the Super Peelout, and the S1/2 Mobile Tails assist and....

.....oh fuck it, just play it!
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top