What games are you playing at the moment?

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Jericho_mpm on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:38 am

Double Dragon Neon
Forza 2
Borderlands 2
Blacklight Tango Down
Special Forces Team X
Comic Jumper

Jericho_mpm
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:55 pm

badjab326 wrote:Mad props on doing the KMS challenge Thumbs up , I'm way too scared to attempt it Razz I also haven't learned exactly how to use the exploits so that would probably hinder me a lot.
Thank you, but don't get me wrong, I did a fresh KMS easy run. Which means I do not have "god move" avaible in the shop (New Game + needed), but Regular Mob don't become Elite Mob since you can't reach "Level Die" while playing Easy (Level 2 is the max).
On top of that, every Mob has -25% HP compare to Normal, but Enemy's Life is not really a problem in God Hand.

If you know how to exploit Drunken Twist, High Side Kick Loop, and how to trigger enemy one by one on some battle, then you can do a Easy KMS run without trouble, trust me, I'm an average player Wink

BTW, I get a better fun while doing an Easy KMS Run, than a Hard Mode Run with God Hand/God Roulette. On Hard, all the game can be sum up as this: Refill God Hand with "Yes Man Kablam" on easy battle and Unleash God Hand or Roulette on tough battle (which become piss easy since those 2 mechanics are utterly broken...)

PS: I know people who finish God Hand with only free Move (dash squarre, dash triangle, duck triangle, up triangle triangle OTG) on Hard mode (Level Die Always, +25% HP every mook) What a Face

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 pm

Thanks for the tips BigDarsh! Thumbs up

btw I ended up playing Joker in that Injustice tourney after spending the night before in training mode with him. I placed 4th in the Tournament and won $10 store credit. king

And lately I've been learning a LOT of characters. All the Batman chars are awesome only one I haven't tried is Harley Quinn, Green Lantern is fun and easy, Deathstroke is overused but really cool, Green Arrow is fun, and Superman is the most well-rounded.

Can't wait for Lobo!

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:28 pm

I just got done playing quite possibly the first JRPG ever made, Dragon Warrior-or now called in Dragon Quest. Hooked up my old NES and finally beat it for the first time. It took me about 20 somethin years. Laughing Hard

Now, I'm onto Dragon Quest II on the NES. Heard this is one of the hardest RPGs of all time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Nice, good to play the old classics.

With the announcement of the Link to the Past remake/sequel on 3DS this week I have decided to replay the original on SNES. Really enjoying it so far, such a brilliant game!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:41 am

After I completed the GTA IV and its Episodes, I moved on going all gold medal in Red Dead Redemption. Game's fantastic and feels good to replay it again!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Yakuza 3, yeah I kind of went backwards but to be fair I couldn't find it at the time and I didn't exactly finish 4 lol. Why is Y2 so hard to come by? -_-

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Got me Yakuza 5 in Japanese... was waiting for the international version to be released by SEGA but... as I passed by the game retailer I saw it with a nice price tag and... couldn't resist it! Had a novelization of the whole script (in Japanese) and a soundtrack CD with all the KTV songs in game (full version). Will be a mess to play it in Japanese, but hey! I don't regret it!

Actually, to think about it... I didn't buy myself a birthday gift so... this is it! Very Happy

Will take my sweet time to play it. But first to finish RDR again.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Fri May 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Well, I haven't been able to start Dragon Quest II just yet (school's been getting in the way a lot). But in the meantime, I have been playing a lot of arcade games while taking breaks.

Been playing A LOT of Columns, one of my favorite puzzle games ever:

Also been playing some OutRun a lot too:

And Ms. Pac-Man:

I have also decided to go check out some neo-geo games. I finally tried out King of Fighters for the first time (don't hit me Don Razz ).

Heard King of Fighters '98 was the best one, so I played that one:

And it SUCKEDDDD!!!!!!

Just kidding. Razz I really enjoyed it. Really enjoying Benimaru, Iori, and Rugal as a team so far. I am getting familiar with the term SNK Boss Syndrome now. Thankfully only took two tries, but I got lucky and got a 1/3 health bar on Rugal during that slots game you play after you continue, even though it took until my last character to beat him with barely any life left. Laughing

I will be checking out some other King of Fighter games here soon among other games. I will be checking out the World Heroes sequels soon (loved the first one as a kid) and I have never played Metal Slug before so I need to check that one out too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Fri May 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Ooh some nice games there. You will enjoy Metal Slug. You should also try the Real Bout, Last Blade and Shodown games, and of course Garou. Neo Geo is one of my favourite systems. There are some great shoot 'em ups on it too.

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Fri May 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Charco wrote:Ooh some nice games there. You will enjoy Metal Slug. You should also try the Real Bout, Last Blade and Shodown games, and of course Garou. Neo Geo is one of my favourite systems. There are some great shoot 'em ups on it too.

I got Real Bout, Garou. and the Shodown games (I actually used some things from a Shodown game for my mod). I'll need to check out Last Blade.

Anything else from the Neo Geo side of things I should check out? What are some good shmups on it? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 am

Try Blazing Star, Pulstar, Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings 2 and 3, Viewpoint and Twinkle Star Sprites. Honestly, just get a full Neo Geo romset on Kawaks, the system is amazing and I just keep finding new great games all the time on it.

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant on Sat May 04, 2013 12:10 am

The best neo geo shooter, at least for me, is "blazing star". You should play "Top Hunter" and "Sengoku 3" too.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sat May 04, 2013 12:21 am

Try Spin Master too if you like Top Hunter. I could name Neo Geo games all night!

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant on Sat May 04, 2013 12:25 am

shock troopers 1 and 2, waku waku 7, rage of the dragons, ninja master's - haoh ninpou-chou, ninja combat, ... Razz

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sat May 04, 2013 12:32 am

How the hell did I not think of Shock Troopers?! One of my favourite Neo Geo games, didn't like the sequel too much. Try Neo Turf Masters aswell, over the top arcade style golf, nice graphics, good music and hilarious voiceover. On the gweeeeen!!

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Sat May 04, 2013 12:35 am

Alright, lots of choices here. Laughing

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 on Sat May 04, 2013 4:29 am

SNK vs Capcom: Chaos is pretty cool, mostly because you get to see SF characters in KoF style.

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Sun May 05, 2013 11:02 am

Decided to go check out The Last Blade 1 & 2 today. Loved both of them. Smile

Beat the first one, but I have to beat The Last Story 2 still. That game's boss is a cunt.

*will check out the rest soon*

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 on Sun May 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Giving FFX another run through since about 8 years ago, this time without cheating. Must say I am coming to like it more than i did the first time round. Still no patch on XII or VIII for me though.

Just died for the first time on Seymour Flux...although kicked his ass second time round.

Last edited by Benny26 on Mon May 06, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

http://www.sorrcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant on Sun May 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Saven wrote:Decided to go check out The Last Blade 1 & 2 today. Loved both of them. Smile

Beat the first one, but I have to beat The Last Story 2 still. That game's boss is a cunt.

*will check out the rest soon*

They are pretty good, I like them a lot and I love the osts. BTW, there are codes for playing controlling the bosses and some hidden characters (like the blonde version of the protagonist in TLB1 or the normal version in TLB2). You can unlock them using cheats, codes or just having a hacked rom if you don't use mame.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Sun May 05, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm using kawaks, so I will need to check those out.

And to Benny, it seems that FFX is a game that grows on you as you get older. Hated it when it first came out, but I now think its decent, albeit with some major issues.

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 on Sun May 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Saven wrote:
And to Benny, it seems that FFX is a game that grows on you as you get older. Hated it when it first came out, but I now think its decent, albeit with some major issues.

One big issue with the game for me is the Tidus voice actor; He just doesn't deliver the lines properly with what I'm hearing. Gameplay wise we could start in lots of places for issues...

With that said though, the game isn't as bad as some haters make out on gamefaqs that's for sure.

Admin

http://www.sorrcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sun May 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Really glad you are enjoying The Last Blade games Saven, pretty much the pinnacle of 2d sprite art if you ask me and I agree with Xenovant about the soundtracks, just brilliant.

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 pm

So I finally completed The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past the other night, something which I never managed to do back when I had it on my SNES many moons ago. What a truly wonderful game. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

And now.. on to another SNES and video game classic in the form of Super Metroid.

It seems I am playing games that are topical at the moment with a spiritual sequel to A Link to the Past being recently announced for 3DS and Super Metroid being released on the Wii U Virtual Console just last week. This is a game that I never played back in the day OR through emulation (I know, I'm an idiot). None of my SNES owning pals back owned this game for some reason and I have no idea why I never rented it as I used to rent plenty of games back then (some multiple times like F-Zero, Final Fight, Contra III etc.). Anyway, I am only at the start and I am blown away by the atmosphere that could have been created on a 16-bit console. The music is eerie and fits perfectly with the game world. The controls are tight and ultra responsive, and the graphics are very detailed and the colours really pop out of the screen. I am going to enjoy this one methinks...

One thing I can't figure out though...

Y CAN'T METROID CRAWL?!

*/

Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top