SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19**

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19**

Post  William Assunção on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:28 am

Man, i loved this mod, i played this mod a LOT in the past, i'm glad this mod gets a 5.1 update. Very Happy

I hope your other mods recieve updates too Cool
William Assunção
Donovan

http://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:31 am

I've released a new minor update that addresses some small issues and enemy placements. It's not essential, but if you want, you can download this update.
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  vince on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:24 pm

I'm a little late, sorry. I tried these new release, and that's good! Your replace the factory crusher by big drag, and so many objects, food, etc. The result is excellent! The cutscenes are nice too, so many work I can imagine. The bonus game about SFII was a good surprise too!
I'm surprised you didn't choose Shiva to play Shredder, but why not.
Besides, is it normal the extinguishers in the first stage don't project water when they are broken? I thought it ws like that in an older version of the mod. Last think, I met a SoR2 robot that was named Oxygen or Hydrogen, maybe it is an omission!
Thanks again.
vince
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:27 pm

Are you talking about the fire hydrants in the second stage? That's what I think you're really talking about, because I don't know of any "extinguishers" in the first stage. If so, they don't project water because there was no feasible way of doing the effect while making it look right with SORMaker's limitations. So it was either suggest the hydrants can be broken, or go the dull route and not have them break at all.

Also, if you're using the custom palette and names, then you may find enemies that haven't been renamed. The custom name set was a revision after already having done this mod years ago, and given how much content is in this mod, missing enemies that need to be renamed just happens.
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:44 pm

The only way the hydrants could work is to hide the water effect with a breakable sprite... but it has to be a completely different way to get the water, kinda like CajNatalie did in the BKM route with those breakable hydrants. The horizontal splash cannot work, I think.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Yeah, I flat at knew that the horizontal splash just wouldn't look right no matter what. My initial plan was to have a part of the background in the hydrant's sprite, or maybe just the background itself positioned carefully in front of the hydrant as a breakable object to sell the illusion, but the positioning of the hydrants themselves wouldn't realistically allow for it without looking silly.
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  vince on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:09 pm

Yes, the fire hydrants. and yes, thanks Don Vecta, I saw that not in this mod but in the CajNat one:
https://youtu.be/Cdj8EHfFcHw?t=173

I know I saw it somewhere, but make a confusion.
vince
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:47 pm

She accomplished that by making the fire hydrant sprite as tall as the water splash and placing the sprite as a breakable object in front of the already broken hydrant, so hers makes sense. The only real way it can be done with horizontal splashes is to awkwardly place the hydrant right up against a wall and make its background part of the sprite. Even then, it would stick out too much because it would seem like fire hydrants with horizontal splashes are glued to walls.
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  CajNatalie on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:06 am

Pretty much.
Setting up a broken-object animation requires the right conditions or it just won't work.

BKM Hydrants worked with the layers, even the one in the foreground, because of the conditions set by their design.
Horizontal showers are bad conditions to work with for this technique.
CajNatalie
Hakuyo

https://beam.pro/NattyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top