CelesSteel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CelesSteel

Post  retroguy on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Hello once more, some may remember me talking about the heavily SOR inspired CelesSteel project a while back.

CelesSteel has come a long way since then, our debut comic has sadly run into a few delays, but we're still looking to release it before the years out, and we now have our official website at

www.celessteel.co.uk

Likewise the game is still in development, and we're hoping that the comic will stimulate further interest for when we're finally ready to release it.

Please do come check us out, and we'll continue to give our all to get this project off the ground :-)
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Re: CelesSteel

Post  Iceferno on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Interesting characters. Some of them could be Shinobi bosses. lol

I had a look on the website and really like the designs, particularly the cover.

ALL MUSIC FROM STREETS OF RAGE COMPLETELY REWRITTEN AND BRAND NEW WITH:
17 TRACKS ☆ 7 BONUS TRACKS INCL. EXTENDED MIXES ☆ ALBUM DOWNLOAD: £15

Click the banner above for a link to the album. There are also previews on YouTube.
Iceferno
Galsia

https://iceferno.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Iceferno wrote:Interesting characters. Some of them could be Shinobi bosses. lol

I had a look on the website and really like the designs, particularly the cover.

Oh yeah, any character/boss in particular? Sega ages titles like Golden Axe, SOR and Shinobi were huge influences on this game, hence my curiosity.

I'm glad you like the characters too, they were all designed to be quick and easy to engage with, trying to get that 80s feeling going where everything was clear and colourful.
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:57 pm

retroguy wrote:
Iceferno wrote:Interesting characters. Some of them could be Shinobi bosses. lol

Oh yeah, any character/boss in particular? Sega ages titles like Golden Axe, SOR and Shinobi were huge influences on this game, hence my curiosity.
Well, right off the bat, in your video thumbnail the middle guy has that insect samurai thing going on, and the Scorpion is quite like a Marvel character (and we all know about that infamous Spider-Man/Batman boss), so some definite similarities in there. Thumbs up

Click the banner above for a link to the album. There are also previews on YouTube.
Iceferno
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Iceferno wrote:
retroguy wrote:

Well, right off the bat, in your video thumbnail the middle guy has that insect samurai thing going on, and the Scorpion is quite like a Marvel character (and we all know about that infamous Spider-Man/Batman boss), so some definite similarities in there. Thumbs up

I always thought Samurai Kabutos looked cool, and felt that sort of style would work well for Kenyokai/Capricorn being a goat as they somewhat resemble horns. I see what you mean with the insect thing too, his sillouette was partly inspired by Boomer Kuwanga from Megaman X, who is apparently supposed to resemble a robot cockroach.

As for Zakhadar/Scorpio, he's not really based on Marvels Scorpion, it just made sense to have his tail in the same place, the he does share a similar habit of grabbing and binding enemies with his tail :-)
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Yeah, I wasn't aware of a Marvel Scorpion, but the style and influence really comes through. I'm not a comic fan, but you have a good idea marketing a comic in conjunction with a game. Could serve as a teaser for the game, with maybe some screenshots on the last page.

Iceferno
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:04 pm

It was our initial plan to use the comic as a promotional item, but rather like the game itself, its scope rapidly expanded as the characters continued to develop, and we now see it as a stand alone item in its own right. It's a beautifully drawn (by artist Chris Puglise), fast paced and exciting read, and we're very much looking forward to releasing it in the next few months, stay tuned!
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum