Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade

Post  Cm_Blast on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:36 pm

It’s time to rise from your grave and play this new mod: a full adaptation of the five stages from the Altered Beast arcade transformed into a more classic Streets of Rage style. This mod has nothing to do with the experiment I did back in time, but I though that (at least) a simple mod could be done with the original arcade, so here it is.

The scenarios have been modified to fit a more classic gameplay, so there is more room to move up and down than in the original scenarios meawhile foreground layers do not block the vision to the player.

Features:
- Five long scenarios full of enemies to fight.
- Enemies based on the original game.
- Custom enemy placement and health.
- Kill the white Cerberus so you can increase your power… I mean, getting food.
- The white Cerberus will drop double the food if there is a second player.
- Final bosses accompanied with some of their minions.
- You finally can rise for your grave.
- Borrowed some sprites from the Megadrive version.
- Over 30 minutes of a hard game for everyone.
- Running is mandatory due pits in mission 3.
- Recommended the Sor3 way to fall on pits, so you don’t die 1 life each time you fall into a pit.
- A very good well deserved ending.

It’s suggested to walk while advancing: kicking the white Cerberus to make them drop the food it’s going to be a difficult task in later levels.

Mission 3 is going to be painful due the way the Cerberus/Bikers behave. I place an extra life to compensate a bit. Full Stage Clears will guarantee score enough to get some more lives, but you can expect to die like any Arcade game.

Screenshots:

Video: (Just a small trailer of gameplay. Don't expect to transform into a mithological beast or something What a Face).

4share:
https://www.4shared.com/folder/0k6UPaGe/Mods_Sorr.html (this is the main general folder, search for "Sor Remake - ABA (5.1)".

Onedrive:
http://sdrv.ms/QiAmTj (same as above).

Cm_Blast
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 am

New mod, hell yeah!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:03 am

Cm_Blast wrote:It’s time to rise from your grave and play this new mod: a full adaptation of the five stages from the Altered Beast arcade transformed into a more classic Streets of Rage style. This mod has nothing to do with the experiment I did back in time, but I though that (at least) a simple mod could be done with the original arcade, so here it is.

The scenarios have been modified to fit a more classic gameplay, so there is more room to move up and down than in the original scenarios meawhile foreground layers do not block the vision to the player.

Features:
- Five long scenarios full of enemies to fight.
- Enemies based on the original game.
- Custom enemy placement and health.
- Kill the white Cerberus so you can increase your power… I mean, getting food.
- The white Cerberus will drop double the food if there is a second player.
- Final bosses accompanied with some of their minions.
- You finally can rise for your grave.
- Borrowed some sprites from the Megadrive version.
- Over 30 minutes of a hard game for everyone.
- Running is mandatory due pits in mission 3.
- Recommended the Sor3 way to fall on pits, so you don’t die 1 life each time you fall into a pit.
- A very good well deserved ending.

It’s suggested to walk while advancing: kicking the white Cerberus to make them drop the food it’s going to be a difficult task in later levels.

Mission 3 is going to be painful due the way the Cerberus/Bikers behave. I place an extra life to compensate a bit. Full Stage Clears will guarantee score enough to get some more lives, but you can expect to die like any Arcade game.

Screenshots:

Video: (Just a small trailer of gameplay. Don't expect to transform into a mithological beast or something What a Face).

4share:
https://www.4shared.com/folder/0k6UPaGe/Mods_Sorr.html (this is the main general folder, search for "Sor Remake - ABA (5.1)".

Onedrive:
http://sdrv.ms/QiAmTj (same as above).

SUPER!!!
Puzirkov
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  vince on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 am

Whooo! It looks very good, with so many gifts, and ameliorated backgrounds! You never stop!
Have to play it very quickly...
vince
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:43 pm

vince wrote:Whooo! It looks very good, with so many gifts, and ameliorated backgrounds! You never stop!
Have to play it very quickly...

The curious thing, the layers in the megadrive version runs at different speed. Foreground moves faster and the background slower, but in the arcade all move at the same pace.

Cm_Blast
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Yesterday at 3:01 pm

Just finished it, and soooo nice! The first Altered Beast was good, this one is excellent. The backgrounds are better, thare are breakable items, cutscenes, palettes color and names, more customized musics, and very well done enemies placement (the bike/dogs with food are very frustrating when we miss them, but that's the game).
I thought you will do a bonus scene, I don't know, something a little less serious about Altered Beast included in the mod, but not important.
Besides, I miss your jpg with original game/palettes mod comparison for this one, as you did for Cadillac & Dinosaurs and many other mods. Smile
vince
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Yesterday at 4:38 pm

vince wrote:Just finished it, and soooo nice! The first Altered Beast was good, this one is excellent. The backgrounds are better, thare are breakable items, cutscenes, palettes color and names, more customized musics, and very well done enemies placement (the bike/dogs with food are very frustrating when we miss them, but that's the game).
I thought you will do a bonus scene, I don't know, something a little less serious about Altered Beast included in the mod, but not important.
Besides, I miss your jpg with original game/palettes mod comparison for this one, as you did for Cadillac & Dinosaurs and many other mods. Smile

Thanks, I wish I could use the original items from the arcade. There is some rocks in the third stage and a grave "Alex", which is the soldier that die at the beggining in the Golden Axe game.

Cm_Blast
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top