So... SoR Mania, anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So... SoR Mania, anyone?

Post  Eccentr1cM4n on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:50 pm

I made this account just to share my opinion on the matter as i feel many here would agree...

Wouldn't it be great if after the (incoming) critical success of Sonic Mania, that SEGA announce more collaboration with another creator(s) of quality fan-made content related to their own IPs? Especially if it was a group of peeps we here all appreciate Smile

After SEGAs announcement of their business plans a few weeks back (including reviving IPs), and in light of Sonic Mania, do you think something like this may/will happen? As someone who grew up with the Mega Drive (Genesis) and clocked more than an unhealthy amount of hours on the SoR trilogy as well as so many others, it would mean the world to me to hear of a collaboration of some sorts between SEGA and Bomber Games. For all the years of hard work, personal time and love put into this fan project which I'm sure, most SoR fans could agree pays homage and then some to its original counterparts, it would be heartwarming to see them finally getting their dues.

For all the awesomeness of the series, and for the masterpiece that is SoR V5, I keep my fingers crossed for something. Seems like its maybe, something AGES in the making...?

Eccentr1cM4n

Back to top Go down

Re: So... SoR Mania, anyone?

Post  Swamp on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:53 am

I made a thread saying the same thing awhile back. The programmer (BomberLink) left the project when Sega wasn't indie-friendly. It would be cool if he did come back and work something out w/ Sega, but the chances of that happening is slim.

It would be cool to add online modes and leaderboards to the mix.

Swamp
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:42 am

Sega should come and ask themselves. Even back then, they were ok with Sonic fangames being made, but not Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, or Phantasy Star games/hacks. Fuck them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockmanxx on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:46 pm

I may sound like an abrasive bastard but here are the facts, Sonic has a big cancerous fanbase which Sega intends on milking dry, Sor is more of a cult classic from a niche genre so it won't get any new games from Sega.

Rockmanxx
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top