Color Separation Max

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Color Separation Max

Post  Sshadow5001 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:17 am

I decided to take a crack at color separating Max but he's pretty tricky



this is just the first sprite so far but I figured I'd ask you guys advice. on the boots i changed the white to light grey and the light grey to dark grey, I did this because the white was tied to the skin, teeth, eyes and shoes. then i colored the white skin to a pale skin color (I'll probably alter it more later). doing this separates a bunch of parts with0ut actually adding colors.

Next I colored the darkest part of the skin to a slightly different black to separate it from the hair,arm bands and undies. I decided to make this a color that won't be editable along with the white of the eyes and teeth.

Also on the lightning bolt on his legs they had a third color which was one of the browns of the skin, they'll be changed to orange to save slots.

Max starts with 14 of his 16 slots used so I used the 2 slots for change his hair to a different black and grey.

with this set as it is it'll separate all the part, though the boots still use colors from the arm bands and undies, but now that there isn't any white from the skin to mess them up when customizing. so wadda ya think? did I miss anything? I figured I get all the colors i'm gonna use correct before going through the other 166 frames lol.
avatar
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Posts : 82
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : UK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Re: Color Separation Max

Post  Mr.Din on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:38 am

There's a pixel of gray outlining his eyes but other than that this is excellent work! Keep in mind you can use colors that are close to the original colors as long as they aren't exact. For example the white on his skin or boots can be a different shade of white from the the white of his eyes and teeth.

_________________
avatar
Mr.Din
Jack

Posts : 571
Join date : 2013-01-11
Location : Sin City

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Color Separation Max

Post  Sshadow5001 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Mr.Din wrote:There's a pixel of gray outlining his eyes but other than that this is excellent work! Keep in mind you can use colors that are close to the original colors as long as they aren't exact. For example the white on his skin or boots can be a different shade of white from the the white of his eyes and teeth.

I already changed the white from the skin to a pale skin tone, and I made it so the white from the eyes and teeth are unchangeable. the problem with keeping the white on the shoes is that it'd be a 17th color. I could make that an unchangeable but it'd mean it'd always be white while the greys could still be customised, it'd make custom palettes weird. or I could make that white changeable but then I'd have to sacrifice one of the other 16 but they're all important. I suppose i could go back and make the hair tied to the arm bands and undies to free up slots but that'd be going backwards.

sacrificing the white on the shoes what the only thing I could think of.
avatar
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Posts : 82
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : UK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Re: Color Separation Max

Post  Mr.Din on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:46 pm

All valid points, I would keep them as is then. This is still perfect! will you be doing beta max as well?

_________________
avatar
Mr.Din
Jack

Posts : 571
Join date : 2013-01-11
Location : Sin City

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Color Separation Max

Post  Sshadow5001 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Mr.Din wrote:All valid points, I would keep them as is then. This is still perfect! will you be doing beta max as well?
Thats actually something I wanna know more about, what exactly are the differences between the 2?
avatar
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Posts : 82
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : UK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Re: Color Separation Max

Post  Mr.Din on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:22 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:All valid points, I would keep them as is then. This is still perfect! will you be doing beta max as well?
Thats actually something I wanna know more about, what exactly are the differences between the 2?
Just a few animations iirc but they have separate fpgs.

_________________
avatar
Mr.Din
Jack

Posts : 571
Join date : 2013-01-11
Location : Sin City

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Color Separation Max

Post  Sshadow5001 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Mr.Din wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:All valid points, I would keep them as is then. This is still perfect! will you be doing beta max as well?
Thats actually something I wanna know more about, what exactly are the differences between the 2?
Just a few animations iirc but they have separate fpgs.
So literally just a few animations? I though for sure he'd play a bit differently, Also I was looking through both FPG's and noticed frames 160 and 161 seem to be vault frames but Max doesn't vault...does he?
avatar
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Posts : 82
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : UK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Re: Color Separation Max

Post  Mr.Din on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:43 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:All valid points, I would keep them as is then. This is still perfect! will you be doing beta max as well?
Thats actually something I wanna know more about, what exactly are the differences between the 2?
Just a few animations iirc but they have separate fpgs.
So literally just a few animations? I though for sure he'd play a bit differently, Also I was looking through both FPG's and noticed frames 160 and 161 seem to be vault frames but Max doesn't vault...does he?
He has this weird pseudo vault animation prior to doing a team attack move.

_________________
avatar
Mr.Din
Jack

Posts : 571
Join date : 2013-01-11
Location : Sin City

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Color Separation Max

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum