Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Burning Fight....

I really like this game, try to move it to sormaker, but a lot of problems, a lot of days trying to make Stage 1



1st etap


Download beta 1st etap
https://yadi.sk/d/Wd_Z7YcZ3AY9TP

To Be Continued...


Do I need a car here?

I tried to change Billy Adam, but Adam sprites are very small in comparison with Billy, so there were mistakes with shadow and movements


Last edited by Puzirkov on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Why don't you try making a cast of characters that resemble the original enemies from Burning Fight? Also, what's with the music? If it's a tribute mod, try to be as faithful as possible... but that's just my opinion, when I see tribute mods done by, say, Cm_Blast, they're done to perfection (sound scheme, music, enemy positioning, enemies palettes, breakables etc.).

Hope the mod is going in that direction, I always wanted to play a proper Burning Fight mod myself.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  nikolya0602 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:53 am

Wink


Last edited by nikolya0602 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
nikolya0602
Newbie

Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:06 am

nikolya0602 wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:Why don't you try making a cast of characters that resemble the original enemies from Burning Fight? Also, what's with the music? If it's a tribute mod, try to be as faithful as possible... but that's just my opinion, when I see tribute mods done by, say, Cm_Blast, they're done to perfection (sound scheme, music, enemy positioning, enemies palettes, breakables etc.).

Hope the mod is going in that direction, I always wanted to play a proper Burning Fight mod myself.
In the future I would also like to make as accurate as this game. But today I do not know where to get the music and sounds of the game in a good quality. Most of all I like to do the location and animation.
avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  vince on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:23 am

Puzirkov wrote:But today I do not know where to get the music and sounds of the game in a good quality.
This RIP is not good quality enough?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF939A111CE45C4F7
avatar
vince
Donovan

Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:42 am

vince wrote:
Puzirkov wrote:But today I do not know where to get the music and sounds of the game in a good quality.
This RIP is not good quality enough?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF939A111CE45C4F7
Thank you very much, I think the evening and listen to recode it in Ogg
avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:39 am

vince wrote:
Puzirkov wrote:But today I do not know where to get the music and sounds of the game in a good quality.
This RIP is not good quality enough?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF939A111CE45C4F7

Next...New music and object. Thanks Vince!



avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Don Vecta on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Okay, is getting there. You still need to fix those control points of the breakable items.

Next, set a cast of characters to replace and role play the goons from the original Burning Fight. My suggestion:

In order of apparition:

Mooks:
Thomas Hayes - Fog (bike one way or repeating)
Bob Katou - Fog (bike throwing grenades, one hit dead)
Yoshio - Cody
Fujiyama - Garcia-1 with pipe
Yasu - Galsia-3
Hiroshi - Garcia-3 with knife
Takeshi - Garcia-1 aggressive
Jack/Johnny - Nora (someone jumping and attacking often and is wielding a whip-like weapon)
Woo Yamamoto/Gozo Gohara - Ash (creepy gay grappler, of course)
Robert Baun - Bronz
Gonzales - Bongo-3
Bruce Stone - Gold
Peter Brown - Galsia-2 with knife
Stivie Zappa/Marvin - Cody
Harold Carr - Silver
Duffy - Big Ben
Cycle Gang - Fog (bike, repeat)

Bosses:

Yujiro Heike - Bongo-1
Tom Anderson - Abadede (of course!)
Asuza Heike - Elektra (as a weapon wielding sub-boss) or Mona, Lisa o one of the tiwns named Yasha or Onihime (as a Japanese boss character, your call)
Marshall - Shiva-3 in his first and 3rd apparition, Shiva-2 as stage 4 boss.
Gary Powell - Abadede (or Barbon if you wanna mellow things out)
Ryuji Nitou - Yamato (boss 2 intro)
Mad Dilly - Abadede (or Barbon)
Ryugo Nitou - Yamato (boss 1 intro or normal)
Castella - Mr. X


Also change the consumable items (points and food), the stuff is in this thread.

Oh, and for fuck's sake, see if you could introduce a bit of storyline based on the manual description:

The Castella family from the Metro City started ruining the peaceful city of Osaka with the violent Japanese Yakuza, "Heiwa-gumi" clan. To stop the fight, Metro police detectives dispatched two dangerous characters, Duke and Billy, to Japan. With the support of the famous Japanese detective Ryu, they decided to rush into the enemy's fortress. Ruthless violence in the neon lights of Osaka. Will there be an end to this war?

Try a few inventive cutscenes developing how the Italian mob and the Heiwa-Gumi clan are in cahoots, not to mention a proper ending. If you happen to do that, you'll add lots of replay value and show this tribute mod as a finished Burning Fight game.

For inspiration, watch the movie Black Rain (1989) starring Michael Douglas and Andy Garcia. The plot of the game it's loosely based on the film's story. I'm sure you'd get some ideas to add the plot into the mod.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Okay, is getting there. You still need to fix those control points of the breakable items.

Next, set a cast of characters to replace and role play the goons from the original Burning Fight. My suggestion:

In order of apparition:

Mooks:
Thomas Hayes - Fog (bike one way or repeating)
Bob Katou - Fog (bike throwing grenades, one hit dead)
Yoshio - Cody
Fujiyama - Garcia-1 with pipe
Yasu - Galsia-3
Hiroshi - Garcia-3 with knife
Takeshi - Garcia-1 aggressive
Jack/Johnny - Nora (someone jumping and attacking often and is wielding a whip-like weapon)
Woo Yamamoto/Gozo Gohara - Ash (creepy gay grappler, of course)
Robert Baun - Bronz
Gonzales - Bongo-3
Bruce Stone - Gold
Peter Brown - Galsia-2 with knife
Stivie Zappa/Marvin - Cody
Harold Carr - Silver
Duffy - Big Ben
Cycle Gang - Fog (bike, repeat)

Bosses:

Yujiro Heike - Bongo-1
Tom Anderson - Abadede (of course!)
Asuza Heike - Elektra (as a weapon wielding sub-boss) or Mona, Lisa o one of the tiwns named Yasha or Onihime (as a Japanese boss character, your call)
Marshall - Shiva-3 in his first and 3rd apparition, Shiva-2 as stage 4 boss.
Gary Powell - Abadede (or Barbon if you wanna mellow things out)
Ryuji Nitou - Yamato (boss 2 intro)
Mad Dilly - Abadede (or Barbon)
Ryugo Nitou - Yamato (boss 1 intro or normal)
Castella - Mr. X


Also change the consumable items (points and food), the stuff is in this thread.

Oh, and for fuck's sake, see if you could introduce a bit of storyline based on the manual description:

The Castella family from the Metro City started ruining the peaceful city of Osaka with the violent Japanese Yakuza, "Heiwa-gumi" clan. To stop the fight, Metro police detectives dispatched two dangerous characters, Duke and Billy, to Japan. With the support of the famous Japanese detective Ryu, they decided to rush into the enemy's fortress. Ruthless violence in the neon lights of Osaka. Will there be an end to this war?

Try a few inventive cutscenes developing how the Italian mob and the Heiwa-Gumi clan are in cahoots, not to mention a proper ending. If you happen to do that, you'll add lots of replay value and show this tribute mod as a finished Burning Fight game.

For inspiration, watch the movie Black Rain (1989) starring Michael Douglas and Andy Garcia. The plot of the game it's loosely based on the film's story. I'm sure you'd get some ideas to add the plot into the mod.

Film Black Rain is very good!!!  
I am going 2 times to watch. I tried to make the cat scene, I'm still under the impression of mod Vendetta Dead Story_) so it seems did. Сan replace text on ......The Castella family from the Metro City started ruining the peaceful city of Osaka with the violent Japanese Yakuza, "Heiwa-gumi" clan. To stop the fight, Metro police detectives dispatched two dangerous characters, Duke and Billy, to Japan. With the support of the famous Japanese detective Ryu, they decided to rush into the enemy's fortress. Ruthless violence in the neon lights of Osaka. Will there be an end to this war?
Now an exemplary


avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Don Vecta on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:24 am

Okay, the idea is there, but you need better graphics for the city, they look with poor quality and there's a black line over it. Try using native resolution images for that. Good job, getting there.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:58 am

Don Vecta wrote:Okay, the idea is there, but you need better graphics for the city, they look with poor quality and there's a black line over it. Try using native resolution images for that. Good job, getting there.
Yes, work is still a lot. I will try to fix all the bugs yet. I would like to make a video as I do, what use program. Maybe it will be interesting to our modes look even better!
avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:11 am

Don Vecta wrote:Okay, the idea is there, but you need better graphics for the city, they look with poor quality and there's a black line over it. Try using native resolution images for that. Good job, getting there.


It was an attempt to correct some errors, but still a lot of work needs to be fixed intro. Now...


avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Why aren't using stop cameras in the scrolling? Watch some gameplay videos and see where the game stops, how the enemies spawn and arrange everything. The smashing truck was a great idea.

For the boss I was expecting Bongo-1 instead of Big-Ben.

Little by little is getting shape, but, as you said, lots of work to do.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Why aren't using stop cameras in the scrolling? Watch some gameplay videos and see where the game stops, how the enemies spawn and arrange everything. The smashing truck was a great idea.

For the boss I was expecting Bongo-1 instead of Big-Ben.

Little by little is getting shape, but, as you said, lots of work to do.

News...

avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:12 am

Custom Yujiro! That's pretty awesome, good work!

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Charco on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:06 pm

The van is a cool idea.

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Custom Yujiro! That's pretty awesome, good work!

Тhank you! Iam glad)

Do I need a car here?
avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Don Vecta on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:47 pm

You might use this page for info about the game, characters, items and other info.


http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/bfight.html
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/bfight_characters.html
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/bfight_enemies.html
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/bfight_items.html
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/bfight_bosses.html

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Don Vecta wrote:You might use this page for info about the game, characters, items and other info.


http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/bfight.html
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/bfight_characters.html
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/bfight_enemies.html
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/bfight_items.html
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/bfight_bosses.html

Next time Iam planed make 2 area and use items and some bosses. Work in continied.

avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  oracle on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Good luck with this effort! Razz During my research for Syndicate 2029 I learned that this stage from Burning Fight is Osaka, probably near the Dotonbori canal. I'm working to heavily revamp and expand them for my mod - now they must be in 2029. Here you can see how it is in 2013:



Hey Vecta and everyone paying attention to this thread, do you happen to know of similar Japan-based nocturnal scenes from other games?


Last edited by oracle on Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  oracle on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Does anyone know how this is called?



You can see a real life version of it at:
https://youtu.be/e1xS0u7edso?t=1m18s
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Puzirkov on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:46 pm

oracle wrote:Does anyone know how this is called?



You can see a real life version of it at:
https://youtu.be/e1xS0u7edso?t=1m18s

thank you for the video. It was very interesting to see. At one point I liked the Japanese stages and their city. I'll try to remember in any games yet seen such similar steps. I now pass mode Rudra 2029. For a long time I'm waiting for these games here. Everything is super! Good luck.
avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Don Vecta on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:40 am

oracle wrote:Good luck with this effort! Razz During my research for Syndicate 2029 I learned that this stage from Burning Fight is Osaka, probably near the Dotonbori canal. I'm working to heavily revamp and expand them for my mod - now they must be in 2029. Here you can see how it is in 2013:



Hey Vecta and everyone paying attention to this thread, do you happen to know of similar Japan-based nocturnal scenes from other games?


I lived in Osaka for a few months. Dotombori is really awesome and yes, the first scene of Burning Fight is based on the real life Dotombori area. It's interesting to mention the drum breakable is based in a famous display on a restaurant that closed recently.

For resources of Japanese nightlife, I could recommend certain games: 

- ADK (Aggressors of Dark Kombat. Jo Kusanagi's stage is based in the subway, but has lots of schoolboys and japanese elements you can use.
- Sengoku 3 Arcade. Japan stage.
- Mazin Saga Mutant Fighter for Genesis have some lovely resources of Japan
- Ranma 1/2 Chounai Gekitou Hen for SNES has one or two stages, one in a snowy Japanese street by night.
- UFO Kamen Yakisoban for SNES has some Japanese styles streets, but probably you might like to edit some elements to give consistency.
- Denjin Makai Arcade has a real nice dystopian vibe into it, especially stage 1.
- one of the SNES fighting games of Sailor Moon has a fantastic scene with trademark signs of Dotombori area, you might use those.
- SuperVG Variable Geo for SNES has tons of urban Japanese elements.
- Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer has a cool futuristic Japanese stage in Shen Long stage.
- Shin Nekketsu Kouha Kunio Tachi no Banka for SNES has some interesting elements.
- Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio Kun for SNES also has wonderful stages, but you might like to edit them, but they're useful alright.


I highly suggest watching or playing the Yakuza games, especially Yakuza 5 and Yakuza 0, cuz they have the settings in Sotembori (a fictionalized version of Dotombori), check those games so you can see the feel of the place and put them together using 2D elements.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  oracle on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:13 pm

Don Vecta wrote:For resources of Japanese nightlife, I could recommend certain games: 

Woah, so many resources to look at. Gonna check every one of these. Thanks! study
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Don Vecta on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:47 pm

Of course all the Sailor Moon ones are a must...

And you may use also World Heroes Perfect stage of 1999, IIRC. And check other SNK games stages like KOF, Fighter's History Dynamite (I remember Mizoguchi stage is over a bridge in Dotombori or something)

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sormaker. Burning Fight.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum