Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:45 am


fuKonami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

So, finally's here! A mod that I thought it would be forgotten with unfinished mods, finally is seeing the light. It took some times due of me taking care of real life's busy schedule, but here it is. The first mod of 2017.





This mod features:


  • A perfectly ported version of the original Arcade hit from fuKonami, with stages ripped in native resolution with few adaptions to fit the 320*240 resolution.
  • Custom palettes of enemies, roleplaying the baddies from the original game.
  • A data folder with an extensive modding experience, from a sound scheme based on the original game, to custom consumable items and other surprising events. This is necessary to be played in order to get the full experience of the mod.
  • Custom breakable items, secret areas with tons of bonus no existent in the original game.
  • Animated and dynamic cutscenes, which include an adaptation of the original intro, and animated ending.
  • Original soundtrack from the game, including voices.
  • A surprise buffed set of playable characters...


This mod is only compatible with SORRv5.1, playing with v5.0a or older won't give the full modding experience and game could be submitted to errors.

Instructions:


  1. Unzip the rar and place the -Vendetta Dead End City Stories v1.0 in your games folder inside SORR.
  2. Unzip the rar of the data folder and place it in the SORR folder where the SORR.exe file is.
  3. Unzip the enemiesVENDETTA rar and replace its contents in the palettes/enemies folder (back it up if you have another custom palettes) or, if you use Palette Manager app, place the folder in the palettes/custom folder and with the Palette Manager select enemiesVendetta folder.


IT'S VERY RECOMMENDABLE TO PLAY YOUR MOD WITH THE DATA AND THE PALETTE FOLDER TO GET THE FULL EXPERIENCE OF THE MOD.



Download here (mirrors are welcome): 
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uwwo79cklvm8x9/-%20Vendetta%20Dead%20End%20City%20Stories%20v1.0.rar?dl=0
Code:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/FrkyakuKba/-_Vendetta_Dead_End_City_Stori.html

Here are the links for the character palette packs, including Dominatrix Elle, Dobermann Victy, Hard Gay Ash, Blood Adam, Blood Axel-1 and Boomer Axel-1. Compatible with the upgraded version of characters (you need these in order to upgrade and change their palettes)

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi85583fll7uih2/Vendetta%20chars.rar?dl=0

Code:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/ZSY9Ms0Tce/Vendetta_chars.html



STAY TUNED! Because a full DLC is on the works!


Last edited by Don Vecta on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Danshimaru on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:16 pm

Congratulations, another excellent mode.

Next, Might Final Fight Ex!!! lol!
avatar
Danshimaru
Galsia

Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Puzirkov on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:52 am

Danshimaru wrote:Congratulations, another excellent mode.

Next, Might Final Fight Ex!!! lol!


Very interesting mod! Thanks
avatar
Puzirkov
Donovan

Posts : 91
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  crystalix on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Great! I know what I will play tonight Very Happy
avatar
crystalix
Galsia

Posts : 41
Join date : 2013-06-20
Location : Warsaw, Poland

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Tarma on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Downloooooooading! Very Happy
avatar
Tarma
Nora

Posts : 160
Join date : 2013-06-16
Location : France

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Tarma on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:09 pm

As usual, it will be a review with approximate english.

Just finished, Normal difficulty.

Graphics, music, enemies placement... Everything is next to the original Vendetta.

I loved Roo for doberman dogs and Ash for Hado Gay. I also liked very much custom items, custom palettes and custom sounds. Awesome work.

The battles are very enjoyable, you keep going forward with a lot of action.  Wink

If you love Vendetta and Streets of Rage Remake mods, you MUST play this one.  Smile
avatar
Tarma
Nora

Posts : 160
Join date : 2013-06-16
Location : France

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Cm_Blast on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:51 pm

I like the Rooberman. In fact, I recreated it for the protagonist Razz.

Cm_Blast
Hakuyo

Posts : 326
Join date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  crystalix on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:48 am

I've never played Vendetta so I can not determine how accurate it has been recreated as mod, but I bet that this has been done to perfection. It feels as completely new game, looks amazing, sounds great and cutscenes are made really good (I need to do similar cutscenes in my mod), surely  I will play again. One of the best mods Smile
avatar
crystalix
Galsia

Posts : 41
Join date : 2013-06-20
Location : Warsaw, Poland

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:35 pm

I played this mod recently and it looks close to the original title.  Except that I forgot to change the custom data files used for Vendetta: Dead End City Stories, which matches the content of the original game.

The reason for my mistake was that I was currently using the data files that were intended for my mod I was currently working on i.e. Rage TV, making the application look and sound better but a little too realistic (not to mention they were not recommended for use on this mod).

In one of the levels, I noticed about the street-lights that explode are not quite the same as the original but that's different compared to the one I played on the arcade version.

Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Galsia

Posts : 26
Join date : 2016-03-11
Location : Ayr, Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 wrote:I played this mod recently and it looks close to the original title.  Except that I forgot to change the custom data files used for Vendetta: Dead End City Stories, which matches the content of the original game.

The reason for my mistake was that I was currently using the data files that were intended for my mod I was currently working on i.e. Rage TV, making the application look and sound better but a little too realistic (not to mention they were not recommended for use on this mod).

In one of the levels, I noticed about the street-lights that explode are not quite the same as the original but that's different compared to the one I played on the arcade version.
 No no, the lamps are straight from the original Vendetta. All resources are original.


Thank you all for playing and your kind words. Please feel free to ask anything related to the mod that you're curious about.

BTW, if you want the palettes for the playable characters (Blood Axel-1, Boomer Axel-1, Blood Adam, Roobermann, Dominatrix, etc.) let me know so I can upload them.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Danshimaru on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:29 pm

pls!!! Very Happy
avatar
Danshimaru
Galsia

Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Charco on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:16 pm

Looking great and the cutscenes look sweet. I say go with this style and get Mighty Final Fight EX out there!

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 940
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Don Vecta wrote:No no, the lamps are straight from the original Vendetta. All resources are original.
I understand, Don Vecta.  You're right about the lamps being identical direct from the game as does the resources.

Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Galsia

Posts : 26
Join date : 2016-03-11
Location : Ayr, Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  bazzza on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Oh man Donnie you finally got it released I could kiss you. This looks absolutely top draw. I will be posting one of my horribly bad videos. Thank you very much Mr Vecta for this.
avatar
bazzza
Electra

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  vince on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Just finished this mod. It's so customized that I almost forgot that is was just a mod Wink
I saw these backgrounds so many times, I didn't they come from this game. Besides, the musics are very close to Ninja Turtles! Konami touch...
I really enjoyed this mod, I like its retro style, the backgrounds are cool, especially the ruined building, and the doors, the back rooms etc. give new interesting opportunities. I appreciate the chandelier changed into beams, and I really laugh with the huge "CRIME"! The extra stage is hard, but a good challenge!
Some little notes: too bad there is not an animation to make the transition between scenes 5-4 and 5-5: close door, open door. Besides, the credits scroll to quickly, same for the characters bios.
So, very good tribute mod. Thanks. Now, I'm waiting for the DLC...
avatar
vince
Donovan

Posts : 92
Join date : 2015-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Charco on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Played this on Friday night with my buddy, great fun and very well made Smile

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 940
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Sshadow5001 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Ok first off... Holy Crap BKM Blaze Very Happy wasn't that worked on by by Cajnatalie? I haven't had chance to playthrough the mod yet but from what i've seen it looks pretty sweet Very Happy

I don't suppose I could trouble you for some information on the tweaks you've made to the various characters?
i know Cajnatalie included some character improvements in her "Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod" as DLC. are they better? Worse? the same as the ones in this mod?
avatar
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Posts : 92
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : UK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Don Vecta on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:42 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:Ok first off... Holy Crap BKM Blaze Very Happy wasn't that worked on by by Cajnatalie? I haven't had chance to playthrough the mod yet but from what i've seen it looks pretty sweet Very Happy

I don't suppose I could trouble you for some information on the tweaks you've made to the various characters?
i know Cajnatalie included some character improvements in her "Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod" as DLC. are they better? Worse? the same as the ones in this mod?

Yup, it has all the pack of updated characters. And yes, they're all the characters in the DLC pack, plus Axel-1's huge update.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Sshadow5001 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:15 am

Don Vecta wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:Ok first off... Holy Crap BKM Blaze Very Happy wasn't that worked on by by Cajnatalie? I haven't had chance to playthrough the mod yet but from what i've seen it looks pretty sweet Very Happy

I don't suppose I could trouble you for some information on the tweaks you've made to the various characters?
i know Cajnatalie included some character improvements in her "Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod" as DLC. are they better? Worse? the same as the ones in this mod?

Yup, it has all the pack of updated characters. And yes, they're all the characters in the DLC pack, plus Axel-1's huge update.
Awesome Very Happy but is there any chance we could have some details on what improvements have been made to the characters? I'd like to do a video on character differences between V5 and the modded versions in the future Very Happy
avatar
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Posts : 92
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : UK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:25 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:Ok first off... Holy Crap BKM Blaze Very Happy wasn't that worked on by by Cajnatalie? I haven't had chance to playthrough the mod yet but from what i've seen it looks pretty sweet Very Happy

I don't suppose I could trouble you for some information on the tweaks you've made to the various characters?
i know Cajnatalie included some character improvements in her "Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod" as DLC. are they better? Worse? the same as the ones in this mod?

Yup, it has all the pack of updated characters. And yes, they're all the characters in the DLC pack, plus Axel-1's huge update.
Awesome Very Happy but is there any chance we could have some details on what improvements have been made to the characters? I'd like to do a video on character differences between V5 and the modded versions in the future Very Happy

I guess the person you should ask that is CajNatalie. She's the author of all these patches.

EDIT: Oh, what the hey, here's the copy/pasta from the readme's.

Axel-1
Code:
As usual, replace palettes and backups, and be sure he's in EVERY data folder used.

Axel1... shit tier...? NOT ANYMORE!
I went through sprite-by-sprite, checking offsets and hit detection to fix our classic friend's V5 defects.

-Attacks now employ SoR3-style range, so you'll no longer feel the frustrating of whiffing in front of Galsias when you're sure your sprite connected.
-Dragon Wing animates SoR3-style so instead of sliding his feet on the pavement he steps into the final punch properly; nice reach.
-Bad sprite in his offensive special must have been drawn by someone else - oogly pants fixed
-Offensive special animates with his foot positions to maximize reach. After each punch there is an extra 8 pixels of phantom range from the fiery shockwaves.
-GRAND UPPAH has been given absolute care. You will love the way it feels. Control points are amazing, if you know how to work the magic.
-Basic combo no longer feels like it has negative range!!! Go out and punch somefuckas in the face and have fun.
-Fixed deformed butt in his kick sprite.
-Previously missing hit frame now registers in his bat/pipe blitz (B put it in the game, but not the fpg).
-Fixed elongated arms as best I could in running animation.
-Whiff-proof 3-star blitz... you're welcome.
-Sword special warm-up uses stationary sword instead of copypasta from an in-motion sprite of 3.
-Sword special corrected to fire off the shockwave at the exact same range from Axel's body as the original in 3.
-Foot-animation precision further maximises sword special range - you'll love it!
-Bike punch given a phantom-range boost.

P.S. Remember, his air game is shit, should be shit, and will always be shit. It's just not as useless as before... still shit though.
=P


Blaze-1
Code:
As usual, replace all palettes in chars and back-up chars.
Put the fpgs in every data folder you have and make.

Original sprite uses deep brown hair - portrait uses black hair. V5 Blaze1 clearly designed with portrait in mind (good decision).
Greys/blacks in hair slightly differentiated (near-invisible red-tint to reference sprite brown) from greys/blacks in leather and outlines.
Corrected greys/blacks that were mixed up (i.e. leather in hair; hair in leather).

Sprite uses skin pink to highlight - portrait uses unique pink to highlight. V5 Blaze1 mistakenly copies yellow highlight of other Blazes.
Corrected yellow to the portrait's unique pink highlighter.

V5 Blaze1's ki is evidently a reference to BKIII Purple Kikoushou - RGB corrected to exact values of that kikoushou.

Victory sprites... what the hell?! Whoever did those wasn't the same person who did the other sprites - not even close.
That is not Blaze's jacket (the hell is that? a sausage hanging from her neck?), and she's supposed to have fingerless gloves...
...and not to mention those feet are huge.
Fixed; fixed; fixed. These sprites actually look good now.

Palettes...
1: SoR2/BKIII
2: SoR3
3: Ferryboat
4: Headquarters
5: GG Ferryboat
6: GG Headquarters
7: SMS

FPG Tweaks...
-Jump height boosted to feel more familiar to her original super jumps.
-All jump attacks given a 8 pixels of phantom range to reflect her A in Jump.
...I may have just caused her aerial chop to become the best of the three as a result of the above. xP
-Aerial offset tweaking has helped her flying kick feel and fly much closer to the original.
-Back Kick actually pivots, instead of her foot teleporting back between where her legs where.
-Ground attacks have no phantom range as a rule (B in Strength).
-Missing pixels in Kikoushou sprites found and fixed.
-A in speed: Phantom range granted to blitzes (especially her useless Vertical Slice - the damn thing has one too many warm-up frames)
...Exception: Super Slide has no phantom range, but does have an offset boost (she will be visibly further forward; no phantom range required).
-You know what, let's fix that suplex so she does the original backbreaking arch!
-Wait... there's something wrong with the 2-star kick... full gloves... a line on her leg... fixed. =_=
-3 Star flip collision matches animation now.
...this means it only has one forward-hit (and it's high); you will need to get close for full damage from the reverse-hits.
-And lastly, you have no idea how many sprites had hair pixels where regular greys/blacks should have been (more than 50: all fixed)... fucking hell, lol.

The others are SOR3 characters, so I really don't know.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Sshadow5001 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:12 am

Thanks very much Don Vecta Very Happy btw I was playing about with editing BKM Blaze and it seems like she's missing a few colors that can be edited on her skirt


Is she missing a file that adds more color option?
avatar
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Posts : 92
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : UK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:28 pm

I realized my 4shared account still works, so I'm uploading a mirror of the mod for those who hasn't played it yet and Dropbox is giving you a hard time (I doubt it).

Link in the first post.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  William Assunção on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:38 pm

Don Vecta wrote:I realized my 4shared account still works, so I'm uploading a mirror of the mod for those who hasn't played it yet and Dropbox is giving you a hard time (I doubt it).

Link in the first post.

Thanks Vecta but i have a problem: i downloaded the mod but the colors from the updated chars don't came in the mod, they will came in the DLC?
avatar
William Assunção
Donovan

Posts : 73
Join date : 2013-01-10
Location : Santa Luna

http://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Don Vecta on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:01 pm

William Assunção wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:I realized my 4shared account still works, so I'm uploading a mirror of the mod for those who hasn't played it yet and Dropbox is giving you a hard time (I doubt it).

Link in the first post.

Thanks Vecta but i have a problem: i downloaded the mod but the colors from the updated chars don't came in the mod, they will came in the DLC?
 
Oh shit, oh shit, that's an oversight. I'm gonna upload the palettes of the new characters, sorry about that.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Sshadow5001 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
William Assunção wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:I realized my 4shared account still works, so I'm uploading a mirror of the mod for those who hasn't played it yet and Dropbox is giving you a hard time (I doubt it).

Link in the first post.

Thanks Vecta but i have a problem: i downloaded the mod but the colors from the updated chars don't came in the mod, they will came in the DLC?
 
Oh shit, oh shit, that's an oversight. I'm gonna upload the palettes of the new characters, sorry about that.
Is this why BKM blaze is the way she is?
avatar
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Posts : 92
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : UK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Re: Konami's Vendetta: Dead End City Stories v1.0

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum