I'd like to make a Streets of Rage Remake Demonstration video and I need your help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'd like to make a Streets of Rage Remake Demonstration video and I need your help

Post  Sshadow5001 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:34 pm

Hi I'm Dan, I have a little Youtube channel called GLEclipseGaming where I do various gaming videos (Mostly Gundam Breaker 3 for the last 6 months) and I like to do videos about various parts of games, how they work etc and I'd love to make one based on Streets Of Rage Remake but I need a bit of help with some of the details.

I won't be doing stuff involving coding or anything like that but i'd love to know more about some of the settings you can tweak to change the way the game plays. Stuff like the Pause Delay, Run and Roll, Collision, SOR3 Exceptions, Jump types etc.

I'll be recording footage of the 3 original games for comparison clips too, to show how this game is probably the best Streets of Rage game out there.

I'll type up what I know (or think I know) about the game and please feel free to correct me or add stuff that might be useful to know and I'll put it in the video, of course I'll be crediting you guys aswell as the SoR Remake community for helping with the information

Ok so all the normal characters play like there respective Game counterparts with the addition on Run Attacks and Star Moves featured in SoR3. With some tweaks to the settings you could actually play all the characters like you were playing SoR 1 or 2 (Dunno why you wouldn't wanna run and use star moves but to each there own)

You can turn damage between players on or off, however having it turned off means you cannot perform combination attacks, while having it on means you are more likely to get in each others way.

Star Moves set to X or B Button, So when it's set to B it plays like it did in SoR 3 where you get a star and perform that version of the technique with your running B, while using X and a combination of directions allows you to perform any star move as long as you remember the combinations for each character

While having it set to X means your Running B is always your 0 Star Move and Running X is the Star move is the attack your current star level is at.

With Weapon types, when it's set to SoR 1 you can swap weapons but you cannot drop weapons unless knocked down you also can't throw weapons, weapons don't have health bars but when they are dropped 3 times they disappear

SoR 2 version you cannot swap weapons, you drop the weapon if you grab or are grabbed by an enemy or knocked down, you can throw weapons and they don't have health bars, once a weapon is dropped 3 times it disappears

SoR 3 version, weapons have health bars, these drain when attacks hit or using special attacks that use the weapon (Can these be performed with the SoR1&2 version?) you can throw weapons, you don't drop them when you grab or are grabbed by an enemy, but are dropped when you're knocked down. once they're dropped 3 times they disappear.

Meter types, having both gives you a timer and a special meter, when the special meter is full you can perform special attacks without losing health, depending on how full the gauge is effects how much damage you receive when you use a special attack (the emptier the gauge is the more damage you take)

the timer counts down, if it reaches zero you die, however between waves of enemies the timer resets, makes Mania difficulty significantly harder, you get time bonus points at the end of a stage.

Setting it to gauge removes the timer, you no longer get time bonus points, but you wont die by time out, useful for mania and certain created mods.

Setting it to timer removes the special guage, now every time you perform a Special attack you'll take a small amount of damage, exactly like in Streets of Rage 2.

For Combo type, having it set to SoR2 makes it so when you mash the attack button and hit nothing you'll only perform the first hit of your combo, just like in the first and second SoR game

setting it to SoR3 makes it so you'll perform your entire combo even if you hit nothing. (I'm not sure why either of these would be better than the other, i'm not an expert when it comes to streets of rage so maybe a veteran could help me on this)

Jump types, When set to SoR1 you don't have much free movement in the air, you are more or less stuck in your jumping arc, you can however chose which direction your jumping attack goes

For SoR2 it's the same as SoR 1 except you cannot chose the direction of your jumping attack after you jump (Might need more details on this)

For Sor3 you have much move maneuverability in the air after a jump, kinda unrealistic, you also cannot change the direction of your jumping attack after you jump, you can jump forward, move backward and attack forward at the same time.

Death types, when set to SoR1 you'll dissapear after death, then reappear from the top of the screen and cause all enemies to fall over

when set to remake you get straight back up off the ground (Invincibility frames?) and won't cause all enemies to fall down

Use guns, yes makes it so guns will be placed in certain stages, such as Pistols ,SMG's and RPG's which you can useagainst enemies (Can enemies use them?)

No makes it so you cant use them (Do they still appear in stages?)

Audio options
Ambient sound (That's the souns of rain, waves, thunder and wind right?)

Last Breath, for SoR1 enemies do there death scream upon the killing blow (is this the same for playable characters too?)

when set to SoR2 they'll do there death scream when they hit the floor (Again is this the same for playable characters)

Voice type, when set to SoR3 characters who scream the names of their techniques will use there English versions (Axel says Bare Knuckle and Shiva says Final Crash right?)

when set to BK3 they'll shout the names of the techniques in the Japanese version (Axel Grand Upper and Shiva says You're dead? It's kinda hard to hear, are there others?)

SE Type, Set it to SoR2 to use SoR2 Sound Effects, SoR3 for SoR3 Sound Effects and Combined to use a mixture of both (Does anyone know any examples I could use?)

Miscellaneous

Game Title Streets of Rage or Bare Knuckle (Only effects the title screen right)

Camera Type, SoR 2 has a Slower Camera Movement while SoR3 move at the speed of the character (Right?)

SoR3 Exceptions (I'm more or less lost on this, I know having it set to know means you can run diagonally and that's crazy useful, though it's not like how it is in SoR3

Collision Type, SoR2 has the attack hit effect appear at the edge of the attack hitbox while SoR3 has it on the enemy (I think that's right?)

Enable Police, allows you to call for help from you're police buddy from the First SoR game who will do an attack damaging all current enemies (Kills enemies off screen too right? just not ones that haven't spawned yet)

Enable Run and Roll, (I get that having itoff makes it so you cannot run and roll but what's the difference between SoR3 and BK3?)

Pause Delay, I think I understand this, Sor2 makes all playable characters slow and clunky just like in that game. SoR3 is the fastest just like it was in that game, Combined is a balance between the 2 speeds and Remake has everyone attack at different speeds, so fast characters would attack fast (Shiva Blaze, Skate etc) and bulky characters would attack slow (Max)

I think that covers all the settings i'm not 100% sure about. I ahve a few other questions though.
I know if you use cheats from the shop you lose some of the cash you get at the end of a run but doesthat could for all cheats? I mean I get infinite Lives, infinite Ammo, Invincible to projectiles, always have full gauge etc would lose you cash but what about cosmetic cheats like uncensored Blaze, switch names to BK3 or BK2 Beta Max?

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Sshadow5001
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Re: I'd like to make a Streets of Rage Remake Demonstration video and I need your help

Post  Security on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:Hi I'm Dan, I have a little Youtube channel called GLEclipseGaming where I do various gaming videos (Mostly Gundam Breaker 3 for the last 6 months) and I like to do videos about various parts of games, how they work  etc and I'd love to make one based on Streets Of Rage Remake but I need a bit of help with some of the details.

I won't be doing stuff involving coding or anything like that but i'd love to know more about some of the settings you can tweak to change the way the game plays. Stuff like the Pause Delay, Run and Roll, Collision, SOR3 Exceptions, Jump types etc.

I'll be recording footage of the 3 original games for comparison clips too, to show how this game is probably the best Streets of Rage game out there.

I'll type up what I know (or think I know) about the game and please feel free to correct me or add stuff that might be useful to know and I'll put it in the video, of course I'll be crediting you guys aswell as the SoR Remake community for helping with the information

Ok so all the normal characters play like there respective Game counterparts with the addition on Run Attacks and Star Moves featured in SoR3. With some tweaks to the settings you could actually play all the characters like you were playing SoR 1 or 2 (Dunno why you wouldn't wanna run and use star moves but to each there own)

You can turn damage between players on or off, however having it turned off means you cannot perform combination attacks, while having it on means you are more likely to get in each others way.

Star Moves set to X or B Button, So when it's set to B it plays like it did in SoR 3 where you get a star and perform that version of the technique with your running B, while using X and a combination of directions allows you to perform any star move as long as you remember the combinations for each character

While having it set to X  means your Running B is always your 0 Star Move and Running X is the Star move is the attack your current star level is at.

With Weapon types, when it's set to SoR 1 you can swap weapons but you cannot drop weapons unless knocked down you also can't throw weapons, weapons don't have health bars but when they are dropped 3 times they disappear

SoR 2 version you cannot swap weapons, you drop the weapon if you grab or are grabbed by an enemy or knocked down, you can throw weapons and they don't have health bars, once a weapon is dropped 3 times it disappears

SoR 3 version, weapons have health bars, these drain when attacks hit or using special attacks that use the weapon (Can these be performed with the SoR1&2 version?) you can throw weapons, you don't drop them when you grab or are grabbed by an enemy, but are dropped when you're knocked down. once they're dropped 3 times they disappear.

Meter types, having both gives you a timer and a special meter, when the special meter is full you can perform special attacks without losing health, depending on how full the gauge is effects how much damage you receive when you use a special attack (the emptier the gauge is the more damage you take)

the timer counts down, if it reaches zero you die, however between waves of enemies the timer resets, makes Mania difficulty significantly harder, you get time bonus points at the end of a stage.

Setting it to gauge removes the timer, you no longer get time bonus points, but you wont die by time out, useful for mania and certain created mods.

Setting it to timer removes the special guage, now every time you perform a Special attack you'll take a small amount of damage, exactly like in Streets of Rage 2.

For Combo type, having it set to SoR2 makes it so when you mash the attack button and hit nothing you'll only perform the first hit of your combo, just like in the first and second SoR game

setting it to SoR3 makes it so you'll perform your entire combo even if you hit nothing. (I'm not sure why either of these would be better than the other, i'm not an expert when it comes to streets of rage so maybe a veteran could help me on this)

Jump types, When set to SoR1 you don't have much free movement in the air, you are more or less stuck in your jumping arc, you can however chose which direction your jumping attack goes

For SoR2 it's the same as SoR 1 except you cannot chose the direction of your jumping attack after you jump (Might need more details on this)

For Sor3 you have much move maneuverability in the air after a jump, kinda unrealistic, you also cannot change the direction of your jumping attack after you jump, you can jump forward, move backward and attack forward at the same time.

Death types, when set to SoR1 you'll dissapear after death, then reappear from the top of the screen and cause all enemies to fall over

when set to remake you get straight back up off the ground (Invincibility frames?) and won't cause all enemies to fall down

Use guns, yes makes it so guns will be placed in certain stages, such as Pistols ,SMG's and RPG's which you can useagainst enemies (Can enemies use them?)

No makes it so you cant use them (Do they still appear in stages?)

Audio options
Ambient sound (That's the souns of rain, waves, thunder and wind right?)

Last Breath, for SoR1 enemies do there death scream upon the killing blow (is this the same for playable characters too?)

when set to SoR2 they'll do there death scream when they hit the floor (Again is this the same for playable characters)

Voice type, when set to SoR3 characters who scream the names of their techniques will use there English versions (Axel says Bare Knuckle and Shiva says Final Crash right?)

when set to BK3 they'll shout the names of the techniques in the Japanese version (Axel Grand Upper and Shiva says You're dead? It's kinda hard to hear, are there others?)

SE Type, Set it to SoR2 to use SoR2 Sound Effects, SoR3 for SoR3 Sound Effects and Combined to use a mixture of both (Does anyone know any examples I could use?)

Miscellaneous

Game Title Streets of Rage or Bare Knuckle (Only effects the title screen right)

Camera Type, SoR 2 has a Slower Camera Movement while SoR3 move at the speed of the character (Right?)

SoR3 Exceptions (I'm more or less lost on this, I know having it set to know means you can run diagonally and that's crazy useful, though it's not like how it is in SoR3

Collision Type, SoR2 has the attack hit effect appear at the edge of the attack hitbox while SoR3 has it on the enemy (I think that's right?)

Enable Police, allows you to call for help from you're police buddy from the First SoR game who will do an attack damaging all current enemies (Kills enemies off screen too right? just not ones that haven't spawned yet)

Enable Run and Roll, (I get that having itoff makes it so you cannot run and roll but what's the difference between SoR3 and BK3?)

Pause Delay, I think I understand this, Sor2 makes all playable characters slow and clunky just like in that game. SoR3 is the fastest just like it was in that game, Combined is a balance between the 2 speeds and Remake has everyone attack at different speeds, so fast characters would attack fast (Shiva Blaze, Skate etc) and bulky characters would attack slow (Max)

I think that covers all the settings i'm not 100% sure about. I ahve a few other questions though.
I know if you use cheats from the shop you lose some of the cash you get at the end of a run but doesthat could for all cheats? I mean I get infinite Lives, infinite Ammo, Invincible to projectiles, always have full gauge etc would lose you cash but what about cosmetic cheats like uncensored Blaze, switch names to BK3 or BK2 Beta Max?

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome! Thank you for your interest and most importantly, good intentions, towards a really great game like this one! Here is the online manual; it lists all option choices together with description, long and detailed enough, so as to be understood even from someone who has never played streets of rage before!

http://www.soronline.net/Manual.html

Section "Options" and beyond, is the part that you should look.

Generally though, since remake binds together ALL weapons/enemies/players/stages/gameplay-elements from all 3 games, it is generally a good idea to keep guns at "ON", enable running (so as to utilize your surroundings fully), SOR1 jump type (to change direction mid air), weapons SOR1 style (the most player-friendly rule), SOR2 pause delay (the longest delay for enemies to return to action after being downed), SOR3/BK3 exceptions to OFF and that sort of thing.
Security
Signal

Back to top Go down

Re: I'd like to make a Streets of Rage Remake Demonstration video and I need your help

Post  Sshadow5001 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Security wrote:Hello and welcome! Thank you for your interest and most importantly, good intentions, towards a really great game like this one! Here is the online manual; it lists all option choices together with description, long and detailed enough, so as to be understood even from someone who has never played streets of rage before!

Generally though, since remake binds together ALL weapons/enemies/players/stages/gameplay-elements from all 3 games, it is generally a good idea to keep guns at "ON", enable running (so as to utilize your surroundings fully), SOR1 jump type (to change direction mid air), weapons SOR1 style (the most player-friendly rule), SOR2 pause delay (the longest delay for enemies to return to action after being downed), SOR3/BK3 exceptions to OFF and that sort of thing.

Oh yeah the manual lol How did I forget that. I just wanted to give this game some love Very Happy, I've loved Streets or rage since back on the Megadrive with the first game and the Remake is fantastic.

I thought I'd cover all the options because it's nice to know that you can play the game more or less how you like, you could Disable Run and Roll and Map Police to the A Button and play just like it's the original game (Though that'd make the game incredibly hard) if you really wanted to.

I wanna share it with everyone that might have missed this Gem Very Happy
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Security on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:30 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Security wrote:Hello and welcome! Thank you for your interest and most importantly, good intentions, towards a really great game like this one! Here is the online manual; it lists all option choices together with description, long and detailed enough, so as to be understood even from someone who has never played streets of rage before!

Oh yeah the manual lol How did I forget that. I just wanted to give this game some love Very Happy, I've loved Streets or rage since back on the Megadrive with the first game and the Remake is fantastic.

I thought I'd cover all the options because it's nice to know that you can play the game more or less how you like, you could Disable Run and Roll and Map Police to the A Button and play just like it's the original game (Though that'd make the game incredibly hard) if you really wanted to.

I am very happy that both gamers and youtubers like you are still around! Keep in mind that through changing options, you can emulate the original experience almost perfectly, as if it was the real, original game itself! Cajnatalie's mods like SOR1, SOR2, SOR3 or the even newer and better "Collections" are more like the original experience... Also, changing the options in certain groups and ways, you can emulate almost perfectly the original thing, which allows for harder challenge and even better nostalgia kick-in!

If you can afford it, try to pull off a Mania run, but that isn't necessary at all. It's just that it is a bigger challenge and all. I tried to discreetly do the exact same thing as you propose here, but i have no followers, no fans, no people who love/watch/follow me, so i have minimal views/shares/likes... Here is one of my own runs, just cast a quick glimpse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFgDmyr3bQc

I wish you to have a great time and enjoy this perfect fan-game, which feels like professional work. While at the same time spreading the nice find to other gamers! And we all are expecting links!
Security
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Security wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:

I am very happy that both gamers and youtubers like you are still around! Keep in mind that through changing options, you can emulate the original experience almost perfectly, as if it was the real, original game itself! Cajnatalie's mods like SOR1, SOR2, SOR3 or the even newer and better "Collections" are more like the original experience... Also, changing the options in certain groups and ways, you can emulate almost perfectly the original thing, which allows for harder challenge and even better nostalgia kick-in!

If you can afford it, try to pull off a Mania run, but that isn't necessary at all. It's just that it is a bigger challenge and all. I tried to discreetly do the exact same thing as you propose here, but i have no followers, no fans, no people who love/watch/follow me, so i have minimal views/shares/likes... Here is one of my own runs, just cast a quick glimpse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFgDmyr3bQc

I wish you to have a great time and enjoy this perfect fan-game, which feels like professional work. While at the same time spreading the nice find to other gamers! And we all are expecting links!
I've been working my way up to Mania recently, I used to just play Normal but I'm learning to deal with those problem bosses (Shiva is still my mortal enemy), I kinda wish there was a little Boss Training mod so you could keep fighting the boss of your choice to learn there patterns.

I've checked out Cajnatalie's mods including Adam's Story, They're amazing mods for sure (Especially the secret DLC ones Very Happy)

I don't have that many followers or fans either, I pretty much make the videos because I enjoy doing them and people seem to like them, I'm not really doing it for fame or whatever, I just like sharing things that I have an interest in.

I'll be sure to share links when it's done, it'll probably take a while getting everything together but it's something I really wanna do.

Thanks again Security Very Happy
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:40 pm

How's it going everybody, the video is still coming along nicely but i need a bit more information

so I'm working on the the part of the video covering "Combo Type" and I notice that when it is set to SoR2 there is a longer delay before you can move after an attack than when it is set to SoR3, why do you think this is?

I'm thinking it might have something to do with preventing infinite jab combos that can be done in other games or something. or is it simply there to replicate the feel of that particular game?

EDIT

Oh yeah and the "Visual Effect" option, does anyone know a really good stage where switching this setting is very noticeable.
Sshadow5001
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top