[Tutorial]Changing the text graphics.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Tutorial]Changing the text graphics.

Post  graylandertagger on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:27 am

Figured that i'd make tutorial for changing the text since it's been used in a few mods such as Don Vecta's Rushing Beat mod and Augmented Antics's Rage in Time mod.

Like the items, the text can be replaced by creating an FPG file and inserting images named to correspond to the item it replaces.  I recommend Smart FPG Editor which personally used myself.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Others/Smart-Fpg-Editor.shtml

The images I've uploaded here are too big to fit into the forums, and as a result in order to view the full image you might have to save it to your computer(I might go back to this tutorial and make a whole list when I get the chance. Right now i'm too busy with another tutorial).      

To replace the text graphics create a FPG file named cutscenesa.fpg.  I've also found that you can edit the main characters portraits here.  The codes are on the following image:

I believe that these letters are from the name imput screen(when the player puts him his name during the options menu in SORR) Don Vecta used in his Rushing Beat mod.  To change the letters, create an FPG file named fuente.fpg and change the numbers to as followed.  

Some more numbers Don Vecta used in his Rushing Beat mod.  These can be changed to by creating a FPG file named letrero.fpg:

You can also change the character names along with several other things by creating an FPG file named sor.fpg:
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Re: [Tutorial]Changing the text graphics.

Post  dacucar on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi,

Just got here by chance... I am the author of Smart Fpg Editor, which I still update from time to time. The screenshots of your post show a very old version of Smart Fpg Editor, probably because you downloaded it from some strange website... The official download place was originally Google Code, but then I moved the project to Bitbucket.

You can find Smart Fpg Editor latest version in its project page (bitbucket.org / dacucar / smartfpgeditor, sorry I cannot post links) from where you can download not only the application but also the sources, as it is an open source application.

Hope you don't me me having rescued this old post but it felt right that if people are using this software they at least know where to get the most recent versions.

dacucar

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Cool, thanks for posting!

Here is a link:

https://bitbucket.org/dacucar/smart-fpg-editor

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Thank you graylandertagger for this tutorial.

Have you FPGs with original pictures, please? It would be much easier to mod.
Tarma
Nora

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  dacucar on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Charco wrote:Cool, thanks for posting!

Here is a link:

**bitbucket.org/dacucar/smart-fpg-editor

Thanks for that.

If you find any issues or miss some feature please open an issue in the project page, as I said, I keep updating it (and I am happy when I hear of people using it Smile). Smart Fpg Editor still works on the most recent windows for what I have seen.

dacucar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top