Battle for Rio 2

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  oracle on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:42 pm

88fighter wrote:Please,give me link to the version 1.2 or 1.1, it is posible? Just in the v2.0 others locations and scenes.Me liked levels in the old version( v2.0 it is too very good) Sorry,to my bad english(

Here you go Razz
1.1 mediafire.com download/b8douabsn1jg6u7
1.2 mediafire.com download/j1ho9le4lhwbe5s
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  88fighter on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:02 pm

oracle wrote:
88fighter wrote:Please,give me link to the version 1.2 or 1.1, it is posible? Just in the v2.0 others locations and scenes.Me liked levels in the old version( v2.0 it is too very good) Sorry,to my bad english(

Here you go Razz
1.1 mediafire.com download/b8douabsn1jg6u7
1.2 mediafire.com download/j1ho9le4lhwbe5s
Thanks)
avatar
88fighter
Galsia

Posts : 13
Join date : 2016-02-08
Location : Evil City

https://vk.com/id112984837

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  iceweb38 on Thu May 05, 2016 12:37 am

So I finally got the time to play this one!
At first I actually feared it was just going to be a repeat of the first BFR but you managed to put in unique things to make it different.

About the stages, I absolutely have not much new to add regarding the other reviews, most of them are nice eye candies and well constructed but I've got to say I truly have a soft spot for the second stage. The whole fight during the concert is something I always wanted to see after becoming a big Scott Pilgrim fan and you managed to pull an awesome one!
I also enjoyed the stage 4 in which you have to check many appartments. I thought that was a fun idea and pretty nicely executed in your mod, especially with the different themes each room got. As Vecta pointed out, a shame you didn't try to make the hotel much more different.

I suppose you went out of your comfort zone while designing the stage 5.
I don't know many people who would have designed a Rudra battle and an elevator battle with a countdown. I barely made it but I can see why it would make one that has failed upset. At least you give that concept a try!

Even though the story was quite frankly not interesting, the strongest part of your mod is once again the staging, the whole playthrough never gets dull once all thanks to the variety of stages, the events, the smart stages designs you came up with, the awesome customized items (the Batman ones are just too awesome). It all makes the stages lively and that's a big plus for me!
Even a simple stage like the Shiva villa gets fun thanks to the way it was built, it was kinda reminiscent of Kill Bill and that alone made it enjoyable to me!

You still manage to impress me, even if BFR2 won't be as memorable as the first one, it is a work of great quality!
But yeah, I definitely agree with Vecta about your work pacing: whenever you release a full product, take the time to collect the reviews then sometime later, work at your pace to improve your work according to the feedbacks you got and your own judgement. Making many updates in such a short span of time can be counter-productive.

If you ever decide to get back to modding, feel free to do what you want but I personnaly hope it won't be a BFR3, not because I didn't like BTR on the contrary but only because I want to see what you'd be able to do with other kind of mods Wink

P.S: Watched your documentary video and I'm just blown away by how you got creative with the many real life events and places you have been referencing! And heh, even that video is as well constructed and polished as your mods! Thanks a lot for making it!

_________________
avatar
iceweb38
Admin

Posts : 653
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  oracle on Thu May 26, 2016 8:15 am

iceweb38 wrote:
If you ever decide to get back to modding, feel free to do what you want but I personnaly hope it won't be a BFR3, not because I didn't like BTR on the contrary but only because I want to see what you'd be able to do with other kind of mods Wink

Funny that you thought about Scott Pilgrim during the concert fight. I was a bit with SP vs. the World in my mind, I even went through some of SP game soundtracks at the time of design. For the final stage, I really had Kill Bill V1 fight as inspiration for that.

The next, it definitely won't be a BFR3, a Shadowrun-inspired mod is what I'm obsessed about this time. I hope I can allocate the time I need to start working on it later this year or I will be frustrated. The experience of modding is very enjoyable and I want to go back to it soon

Thanks for the big review and encouragement. Cheers! Smile
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  iceweb38 on Sat May 28, 2016 1:54 pm

oracle wrote:Funny that you thought about Scott Pilgrim during the concert fight. I was a bit with SP vs. the World in my mind, I even went through some of SP game soundtracks at the time of design. For the final stage, I really had Kill Bill V1 fight as inspiration for that.

Considering how accurate I was then, it shows how well you conveyed with your work!

_________________
avatar
iceweb38
Admin

Posts : 653
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  oracle on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:39 am

iceweb38 wrote:
I want to see what you'd be able to do with other kind of mods Wink

It looks like we've a title and a title screen Basketball

avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:14 am

oracle wrote:
iceweb38 wrote:
I want to see what you'd be able to do with other kind of mods Wink

It looks like we've a title and a title screen Basketball

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Mr.Din on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:06 am

oracle wrote:
iceweb38 wrote:
I want to see what you'd be able to do with other kind of mods Wink

It looks like we've a title and a title screen Basketball

OH Snap!

_________________
avatar
Mr.Din
Jack

Posts : 598
Join date : 2013-01-11
Location : Sin City

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  iceweb38 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:49 pm

The anticipation is gonna kill me! Very Happy

_________________
avatar
iceweb38
Admin

Posts : 653
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  oracle on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Hello, my friends! Here comes a big surprise update for BFR2! Download link in the first post - I will add more links soon.

Now in addition to Onyx Corp, you go to Rudra's apartment in stage 7. As she is one of my fav characters, this one is carefully built with many scenes, new objects, luxury, magic and effects. Another singer makes an appearance in stage 6 - it's Rihanna!  You can now take a taxi if you prefer instead of the subway in stage 2. Most stages got some update and extensions, including Shiva's mansion which now has an entrance. I hope you all enjoy it!  Smile





Changelog (v3.0 - Olympics Edition):
- Stage 1: added a new boss scene (new boss: Kurayami).
- Stage 2: added taxi scenes, lighting to the Sega Club and removed some excess
of enemies in the first scene of the club.
- Stage 4: added lighting to the chinese restaurant, fixed small restaurant map
issue (getting stuck situation).
- Stage 6: added Rih concert scenes.
- Stage 7: added Rudra's house (comprising of several new scenes starting at
scene 12), improved Onyx office (removed Rudra from this part) and added new
escape scene.
- Stage 8: added Shiva's mansion entrance and a final extension scene,
improved Brito's boat scenes (more enemies, objects and some visual changes).
- Other changes: replaced some songs, improved traffic and small palette and
object updates (like the new women bag).
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  graylandertagger on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:53 pm

oracle wrote:Hello, my friends! Here comes a big surprise update for BFR2! Download link in the first post - I will add more links soon.

Now in addition to Onyx Corp, you go to Rudra's apartment in stage 7. As she is one of my fav characters, this one is carefully built with many scenes, new objects, luxury, magic and effects. Another singer makes an appearance in stage 6 - it's Rihanna!  You can now take a taxi if you prefer instead of the subway in stage 2. Most stages got some update and extensions, including Shiva's mansion which now has an entrance. I hope you all enjoy it!  Smile





Changelog (v3.0 - Olympics Edition):
- Stage 1: added a new boss scene (new boss: Kurayami).
- Stage 2: added taxi scenes, lighting to the Sega Club and removed some excess
of enemies in the first scene of the club.
- Stage 4: added lighting to the chinese restaurant, fixed small restaurant map
issue (getting stuck situation).
- Stage 6: added Rih concert scenes.
- Stage 7: added Rudra's house (comprising of several new scenes starting at
scene 12), improved Onyx office (removed Rudra from this part) and added new
escape scene.
- Stage 8: added Shiva's mansion entrance and a final extension scene,
improved Brito's boat scenes (more enemies, objects and some visual changes).
- Other changes: replaced some songs, improved traffic and small palette and
object updates (like the new women bag).

Great! This outta hold me over till Don Vecta releases his Mighty Final Fight EX(or whatever the next mod is getting released). Appreciate the update.
avatar
graylandertagger
Signal

Posts : 136
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Charco on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:28 pm

Stages and effects look great, one for co-op next time my buddy calls round Smile

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 940
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Don Vecta on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:51 am

Papa's got a brand "new" mod... kinda. Downloading.






Last edited by Don Vecta on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  oracle on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Papa's got a brand new mod. Downloading.

Hope you like Smile

PS: Exclamation Embarassed Found a small imperfection while playing a different path, stage 3 scene 7 was set as auto sending to the next scene (Sega club). Change it to go to scene 4 instead (front of stairs outside The Girl club). If you don't know how make this change, I re-upped the game and the link in the first post should already contain the fix.
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Don Vecta on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:08 pm

And here it goes another video without monetization (the amount of copyrighted material is huge). :-(

Yes, yet again another updated version of BFR2 (I think this is the fourth IIRC?), with a new path, new effects and basically more stages with a new battle scheme.
While some of the new scene effects and style are definitely impressive (gotta give kudos for the huge amount of creativity in using the SORmaker tools and features), I still believe they could have been used in another brand new mod.

Anyways, the mod is, as expected, beautiful but with a huge lack of novelty except the new routes. And despite this version being the "Olympic edition" of the game, unfortunately, there's no reference of the Rio's 2016 Olympic Games whatsoever. :-P

We definitely need a new mod from this creative modder. Yes, a NEW mod. Not another update.


_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  oracle on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
We definitely need a new mod from this creative modder. Yes, a NEW mod. Not another update.

Nice recording Don. LOL for Natalie's comment in the video Smile

Some of the new scenes existed as unfinished ideas from the first BFR2 alpha, but now I found the inspiration to finish them. I'm trying to do a 100% work, like Natalie says, with Syndicate 2058, but because of some recent changes in my life config, I realized it may take a while (new ETA is end of 2017). Meanwhile I'm really happy to release this update. Cheers!
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  celestinx on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:45 am

Mirror for the latest update added: https://firedrop.com/17ba799c010249c33ad0c27a1b1f3e44
avatar
celestinx
Signal

Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  cabo-hicks on Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:07 pm

if this game have the rio olimpics thign inside, then...

could you add one stage on a gas station?
one where we must stop an american drunk competitor, destroying the place. just as happened in the rio games.

cause that will be absolubtly hillarious!  Laughing  Laughing .

_________________
visit http://cabo-hicks.blogspot.com.es/ for see ALL my crazy cheat codes for genesis & mame32.
things like change the prehistoric isle ending, play as the enemies in double dragon1&2, sonic codes, etc, etc. Wink
avatar
cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Posts : 304
Join date : 2013-01-24
Location : sevilla (spain)

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Security on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:40 am

Man this was fabulous! Getting drunk in the club and seeing kangaroos driving motorbikes, agent gold with viking helmet and zebra asking the time of the day?!?

What creativity!

That drink in the mod though, which caused the hallucinations to the player, was an easter egg for me actually, from real life! Imagine that when i had been 13 and in a ship cruising for summer vacation, they offered free drinks on board and i got myself one, thinking it was a soft drink for refreshment... Instead, it was a blue cocktail, the same fashion as the one in the mod! Later, i learnt it was the "Blue Angel" and was a particularly strong one, with a mix of "white" spirits inside (vodka, rum and other 2 i don't remember now), plus blue curacao and 1 or two more ingredients! That one was my first major drink knockdown! I was thirsty from the sun/heat, so i drunk it quickly, then fell asleep for half a day or something, remembering nothing when i woke up!
avatar
Security
Signal

Posts : 126
Join date : 2016-03-08
Location : Syndicate Headquarters

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  oracle on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Security wrote:Man this was fabulous! Getting drunk in the club and seeing kangaroos driving motorbikes, agent gold with viking helmet and zebra asking the time of the day?!?

Happy that you liked it! LOL for the real experience with the blue cocktail! Razz

I'm spending a couple of months in a city nearby Rio, in a neighborhood called Icaraí, reason for the delay I mentioned in my last reply with the making of the Syndicate 2058 mod. Having thoughts about a Icarai inspired mod mission before going back study

From here you can still see Rio from distance:


@celestinx & @cabo-hicks, thanks for the mirror and suggestions!
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Security on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Rio is paradise on earth! I love you

Thanks for the picture! What a Face
avatar
Security
Signal

Posts : 126
Join date : 2016-03-08
Location : Syndicate Headquarters

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:25 am

oracle wrote:
Security wrote:Man this was fabulous! Getting drunk in the club and seeing kangaroos driving motorbikes, agent gold with viking helmet and zebra asking the time of the day?!?

Happy that you liked it! LOL for the real experience with the blue cocktail! Razz

I'm spending a couple of months in a city nearby Rio, in a neighborhood called Icaraí, reason for the delay I mentioned in my last reply with the making of the Syndicate 2058 mod. Having thoughts about a Icarai inspired mod mission before going back study

From here you can still see Rio from distance:


@celestinx & @cabo-hicks, thanks for the mirror and suggestions!

I'm seeing something else besides Rio... Twisted Evil

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Security on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:40 am

Don Vecta wrote:
I'm seeing something else besides Rio... Twisted Evil

The small island with the tree? And the big one to the right with technology? Yes, i notice that they conflict with each other, but i don't change opinion, Rio IS paradise on earth! pirat
avatar
Security
Signal

Posts : 126
Join date : 2016-03-08
Location : Syndicate Headquarters

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Saven on Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:21 am

Don Vecta wrote:
I'm seeing something else besides Rio... Twisted Evil

Yeah, the ocean is pretty apparent in the picture I agree.
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Security on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:48 am

Saven wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:
I'm seeing something else besides Rio... Twisted Evil

Yeah, the ocean is pretty apparent in the picture I agree.

Now that you mention it, the sand, the sand too! The golden colored, smooth-silk to the touch, scorching lucky sand! No beach is good unless there is soft sand around!
avatar
Security
Signal

Posts : 126
Join date : 2016-03-08
Location : Syndicate Headquarters

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum