Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  graylandertagger on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:18 am

oracle wrote:
graylandertagger wrote:How did you do that?  I might do some tinkering and see if I can make a tutorial about that and I figured i'd ask where I can start to figure it all out.

The key is the empty files with filenames terminating with "_end"

Alright. Did the tutorial. Made sure to thank you. Very nice work. I especially loved the second scene in Battle for Rio 2 where you used timed enemy placements so that the sniper could take them out. Looking forward to your next work.
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

crazy idea of the gas station...

Post  cabo-hicks on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:28 pm

hi, i just wanted to say that is original the idea, and i was thinking about that happening of the olimpics.

you guys know, that usa man doing the stupid on a gas station, destroying the place, and telling to all that they was attacked. after the recording of the camera was obtained and the truth was out.

could be interesting, and even be hillarious, one statge where the bosses will be those 3 man of that happening. Twisted Evil lol! Laughing

talking about olimpics, at least it sounds funny for me. clown

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Security on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:04 am

Hey, nice work! That dojo seemed to me very sexy and the dancing club (ash's place) was okay, too! After i beat this, i get to the olympics edition! What a treat!!
Security
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:32 pm

I just started playing it, absolutely love SoRR and this mod is great... but fighting Shiva in the dark... you monster Laughing I have enough trouble with him as it is.
Sshadow5001
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  VidGmr1996 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:22 pm

Funny how it's been almost a year since I first played this mod, and I have to say, this was an awesome first impression you gave, oracle. I really liked the Brazilian influences you put into the mod, and it's cool how you interpreted real-life events that happened in Rio into the game.

Those aspects help gave it a unique flavor (much like in the same vein of mods such as the Way of the Warriors), such as being introduced to a bunch of interesting music and enjoying how the story progressed as the game went on. The filter effect you used on the cutscenes is a nice touch as well. I give you mega props to the level design as well, and utilizing the potential of the creative SoRMaker features introduced in v5.1. I would leave a few examples, but I don't want to spoil the experience for those who haven't played it yet. I even used your mod as a reference for my own mod (and I just realized I that didn't give you credit yet).

I remembered getting the good ending on my first try. I even decided to replay the whole thing with the v1.4 revision you release before I played the sequel you've made.

In short, great job!

Last edited by VidGmr1996 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Decided to break up what was once a 'wall-of-text' review.)
VidGmr1996
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:23 pm

VidGmr1996 wrote:Funny how it's been almost a year since I first played this mod, and I have to say, this was an awesome first impression you gave, oracle.

Hello! Thanks for taking time to write this comment Surprised

Recently I resumed the work with my next mod - Syndicate 2058. I will be happy if I can release it over the next few weeks.
oracle
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  VidGmr1996 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:44 am

No problem, it was a fun experience playing it through. And that's great that you're working on a new mod. I look forward to it!
VidGmr1996
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:32 pm

VidGmr1996 wrote:No problem, it was a fun experience playing it through. And that's great that you're working on a new mod. I look forward to it!

Hey, it's out (at least, the first stage). See here: http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t524-syndicate-2029-pilot#12603
oracle
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:23 pm

VidGmr1996 wrote:I even used your mod as a reference for my own mod (and I just realized I that didn't give you credit yet)
I forgot to ask, which one is your mod? I'm a bit lost
oracle
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  VidGmr1996 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Hey oracle, just saw your thread for Syndicate 2029, and judging from the screenshots it looks really nice! I'll try to play it later on.

Oh, the mod in question is Riot City Remake. Version 4 might not be out in a while, though. And the unfortunate thing is that I forgot what I based certain aspects of my Riot City mod from Battle for Rio, hahaha. I'll have to play through both of those again to retrace my memory.
VidGmr1996
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top