Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  KFCutman on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:52 am

A mod based in Rio? Seems interesting.
Custom enemies? How does that work? Is that a newly added feature in v5.1?

When I can, I'll get this mod and play it for myself.

_________________
I hate you signatures! Everyone bloody hates you!

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
avatar
KFCutman
Donovan

Posts : 69
Join date : 2014-03-22
Location : Dr.Wahwee's Wadar Woom

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:47 am

Woot woot~! High upgrade! Download it.

So, I take this is v1.4 of the mod?

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  oracle on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:13 am

Don Vecta wrote:So, I take this is v1.4 of the mod?

Thanks for updating the topic title! Smile
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  oracle on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:17 am

DarkThief wrote:(having Abadede in there is a bit overkill too, given it's 5.1 now)

DarkThief, he is the Boy club level boss! But maybe Wayne shoud not be there now that Bardon appears in level 2. Feel free to delete it using the Maker Smile

Edit: The last update addresses many of the issues you and others reported here. Thank you!
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:45 pm

So... played the update and I only can say: NOMINATED FOR MOD OF THE YEAR!


The new patch was more than your average balance thing, the mod is a completely revamped version of it, expanded storyline (heh, Raul's bit was cool), great balance, and overall the new ending with credits is wonderful!

Now I can tell the mod is complete and ready to be played thorough in all ways possible. Perhaps little details, for example: make sure the one way bikes get the minimum energy so they can be killed with one shot since they won't come back.

The Copacabana beach was having some complains IIRC (not from my side, mind you), but in case you feel inclined in using some beach sand resources, try Hook's beach stage for reference.


Also, maybe this image could be useful as well...




Anyways, here the Mania run of this new version. Worth watching, if I can say so myself.


Great job, congratulations~!

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  bazzza on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:43 pm

Could some pretty please give an alternative download link, MEGA is being a MOFO usually brilliant. Thanks in advanced. Very Happy
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-01-10
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  oracle on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:44 pm

bazzza wrote:Could some pretty please give an alternative download link, MEGA is being a MOFO usually brilliant. Thanks in advanced. Very Happy

Yo! Check out the first post again
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  bazzza on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:51 pm

oracle wrote:
bazzza wrote:Could some pretty please give an alternative download link, MEGA is being a MOFO usually brilliant. Thanks in advanced. Very Happy

Yo! Check out the first post again

You beautiful man Very Happy
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-01-10
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  oracle on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:53 pm

Don - Really nice sprite of Cristo Redentor! I think I already know where I could use it (a new scene) but I need a small break before going back to it. Smile It was fun again to watch you playing! The truck driver, Shinkiro and Midori kind of surprised you this time! LOL I hate the ninja for not staying crouched at that moment.
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  oracle on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:59 pm

KFCutman wrote:A mod based in Rio? Seems interesting.
Custom enemies? How does that work? Is that a newly added feature in v5.1?

When I can, I'll get this mod and play it for myself.

It is using many maker features from 5.1 (like custom objects and portraits) but custom enemies are not possible yet!
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  CajNatalie on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:13 am

KFCutman wrote:Custom enemies?
This is practically impossible for more than 99% of people.
It requires at least 5 programs, the power of Russia, much much much patience and time and attention to detail for many days and many nights.

Despite having the power, even Russia doesn't want to bother because it's so much hassle.
avatar
CajNatalie
Hakuyo

Posts : 322
Join date : 2013-02-10
Location : The Ceiling

https://beam.pro/NattyCat

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  KFCutman on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:23 am

Don Vecta wrote:So... played the update and I only can say: NOMINATED FOR MOD OF THE YEAR!


The new patch was more than your average balance thing, the mod is a completely revamped version of it, expanded storyline (heh, Raul's bit was cool), great balance, and overall the new ending with credits is wonderful!

Now I can tell the mod is complete and ready to be played thorough in all ways possible. Perhaps little details, for example: make sure the one way bikes get the minimum energy so they can be killed with one shot since they won't come back.

The Copacabana beach was having some complains IIRC (not from my side, mind you), but in case you feel inclined in using some beach sand resources, try Hook's beach stage for reference.


Also, maybe this image could be useful as well...




Anyways, here the Mania run of this new version. Worth watching, if I can say so myself.


Great job, congratulations~!

Crap, now I really want to play this, but I have problems with MEGA (doesn't load) and 4share(bottom of screen moves and covers the download button :c)

Now if only I knew how to get the damn FPGEdit working and make resources...

_________________
I hate you signatures! Everyone bloody hates you!

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
avatar
KFCutman
Donovan

Posts : 69
Join date : 2014-03-22
Location : Dr.Wahwee's Wadar Woom

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  Don Vecta on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:13 am

^The tutorials are up there, man. Any question just ask.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  oracle on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:41 am

KFCutman wrote:
Crap, now I really want to play this, but I have problems with MEGA (doesn't load) and 4share(bottom of screen moves and covers the download button :c)

Check out the first post again Smile
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  oracle on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:00 am

CajNatalie wrote:Despite having the power, even Russia doesn't want to bother because it's so much hassle.

5 programs? Where can I read about it? Sometime ago I wrote a small batch script (link below) to extract the FPGs from the SorR.dat file, only to later notice that the bitmaps were covered with some kind of noise pale http://www.mediafire.com/download/u3qfmrlwwwwqg00/sorrfpgextract.7z



Last edited by oracle on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  KFCutman on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:21 pm

Thank you for the download link, I was able to play the mod, and I am certainly impressed. I'll tell you how I think of it, though I have a few problems with it.

Pros


This is one of like five mods to have custom portraits.
These custom palettes and names were really good and matched the atmosphere of Rio well.
It has references to real life that are correct.
This is the only mod I've ever played with custom objects (I really do live under a rock :p)
There are some scenarios that have never been seen in a mod before, like getting behind the bar and beating the shit outta Barbon.


Cons

Most the enemies were just placed in, with only the palette and name changed, as more than half the game uses the default 64 HP, with an added bar or two. This is my biggest problem with the mod, and I guarantee someone like me could fix this problem with a simple patch.

The actual bosses of the stages were pushovers. The first stage had two SOR1 box-art Slashes with 1 1/2 bars of HP. and the 2nd stage had a Barbon with 1 bar.

The minibosses were NOT pushovers. More notably, the battle with Bianca (which should have happened in the bar), she had FOUR bars! Sure, you could drop her off the truck, but trust me, that is not an easy task if the victim is a SOR3 Yasha.

Gamebreaker discovered in the truck scene: As Max (Haven't tried with others), you get stuck inside the car. Thankfully, you can kill yourself by clipping out of the truck with Max's Thunder Tackle, and you'll respawn correctly.

Exploit discovered: If you are stuck in the truck, the Kusanagi cannot hit you at all, and you can stand still and beat the stage. Perhaps the time meter can be removed, and allow full mobility of the player to jump into the enemy truck in this stage.


All in all, this is an amazing work, especially considering it was done by someone as their first mod.


Rating: 9 out of 10.

_________________
I hate you signatures! Everyone bloody hates you!

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
avatar
KFCutman
Donovan

Posts : 69
Join date : 2014-03-22
Location : Dr.Wahwee's Wadar Woom

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  oracle on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:23 pm

KFCutman wrote:Most the enemies were just placed in, with only the palette and name changed, as more than half the game uses the default 64 HP, with an added bar or two.

Thanks KFCutman! Smile How much HP you think should I give to common enemies from stages 1 to 8? I considered the "jump into the enemy truck" idea while developing the mod, but this did not play well (with the player or enemies falling from the truck to the pickup behind it since there is no way to make the pickup decelerate and distance from the truck after the jump).
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  KFCutman on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:46 am

oracle wrote:
KFCutman wrote:Most the enemies were just placed in, with only the palette and name changed, as more than half the game uses the default 64 HP, with an added bar or two.

Thanks KFCutman! Smile How much HP you think should I give to common enemies from stages 1 to 8? I considered the "jump into the enemy truck" idea while developing the mod, but this did not play well (with the player or enemies falling from the truck to the pickup behind it since there is no way to make the pickup decelerate and distance from the truck after the jump).

I've already made a patch-ish thingy with SorMaker, fixing bugs, typos, difficulty scaling, and adding enemies to places that needed them. (I did not do what I listed in the next paragraph, though)

As for the deceleration stuff, just insert wind and remove the time limit. Sadly, the wind comes at random, but it makes it seem more like both are slowing down and speeding up, and just connect it to the second segment with Bianca and there: good scene.

Fixing the bikers are a MUST. I'm tired of trying to play a game and all of a sudden, there's a random near-invincible one time biker ruining combos. Set one time, grenade, and jumping bikers to 4, the default minimum.

I would set repeat bikers to 40, sometimes 64.

As for enemies, it depends on how strong they are. Galsias and Donovans would obviously be put low, they're common mooks and clearly can't fuck up your day singlehandedly, but adjust health as needed. This is really simple, as long as you know what the enemies can do, and where

Say for example, the truck scene (or anywhere with instant-death), if you were to add a Garnet, try increasing their health to make them seem more of a challenge. They're easy to kill by throwing them off, but her flying kick can easily fuck up your day (as if Bianca wasn't enough).

As for bosses, increase their health, and add more enemies. For example, Barben, the 2nd boss, has 104+64 HP. (one bar and default hp) That's the size of a Mania mode miniboss, and kinda small, considering other minibosses, such as Bola(the SOR1 Bongo), had more (Bola had almost two bars).

Another thing, some areas don't have bosses, for example, the first stage, only had two SOR1 Slashes. Of all things, just add an easy boss, such as Antonio, and in the story, just say some dialog relating to him being dead from his injuries dealt by the player.

Third off, there is no difficulty scaling. At all. Even though it sounds (and it is) tedious, it will make your mod notably better, adding a greater challenge for experienced players, like Natalie and Don Vecta, while catering to the inexperienced (or the people who use cheats and play on Easy to feel powerful, like me when I first played SoRR). For Easy, greatly reduce the health. (Common mooks are usually 32 minimum). Normal and Hard are your basic modes, with Hard only ramping up the AI. Increase the health by a little bit. (Minimum I'd say 40, 48 for Hard). Very Hard is where the health starts ramping up greatly, I'd say minimum is 54. Mania is easily the most common mode (I don't know anyone who doesn't play Mania), and this is an insane one, minimum I'd say is 64, and some of the enemies that are seen with more health, such as Signals, Goldies, Soozies, and SOR2/3 Big Bens typically have at least a bar of health or more.
As for 2p only enemies, just add more enemies and place a 2p only on it. There.

If you're willing to put the hard work to implement the enemy changes, then feel free to do it, though I am going to be releasing what I call an unofficial patch to it, with changes listed on the first paragraph.


Continue the hard work on your mods, and you can be as great as some of the best mods in SorMaker, such as Don Vecta and Charco's mods (Sorry if I didn't list a really good mod), or Adam's Story.

-KFCutman

_________________
I hate you signatures! Everyone bloody hates you!

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
avatar
KFCutman
Donovan

Posts : 69
Join date : 2014-03-22
Location : Dr.Wahwee's Wadar Woom

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  oracle on Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:27 am

KFCutman wrote:I am going to be releasing what I call an unofficial patch to it, with changes listed on the first paragraph.

Waiting it so I can play, review and incorporate to the next update Smile
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  iceweb38 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:54 am

So I finally got to play the "Director Cuts" version (if we can call it that way Razz ) of Battle for Rio.
I really like what you added in, what with things like the customs rolling items or new stages, especially the bad ending path at the end! Anyway, quite impressed by how much you've been able to add in a week!
Also great use of the scrolling cutscenes! That's probably the first time I see them in a mod!
Did I also spot more Ace Attorney cameos? Razz

All in all, I think we can all agree this is one of the best mods in here and definitely one of my favorites!

_________________
avatar
iceweb38
Admin

Posts : 648
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  oracle on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:36 am

iceweb38 wrote:
I really like what you added in, what with things like the customs rolling items or new stages, especially the bad ending path at the end!

ice, I ended up liking the bad ending more than the good one, which is weird. I'm working on a sequel to Battle for Rio (3 levels complete, 5 more to go) and it is the continuation of the story of the bad ending path Smile
avatar
oracle
Signal

Posts : 120
Join date : 2015-11-14
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  Zarzak on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:05 am

Wow man, I just watched Donny V's whole play through, and it looks awesome. Very consistent, cool unique ideas. And I really respect the time and effort you put into what is easily the best credits I've seen in a mod. Thanks for not just giving credit where it's due, but also making it part of the whole experience. Well done.

Zarzak
Galsia

Posts : 21
Join date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  Tarma on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:14 am

Wow, your mod seems to be impressive! I am downloading it. Smile
avatar
Tarma
Nora

Posts : 160
Join date : 2013-06-16
Location : France

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  iceweb38 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:32 pm

oracle wrote:
iceweb38 wrote:
I really like what you added in, what with things like the customs rolling items or new stages, especially the bad ending path at the end!

ice, I ended up liking the bad ending more than the good one, which is weird. I'm working on a sequel to Battle for Rio (3 levels complete, 5 more to go) and it is the continuation of the story of the bad ending path Smile

Hey suit yourself! Don't let the fun stop! Very Happy

_________________
avatar
iceweb38
Admin

Posts : 648
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Awesome Mod!

Post  metalnat111 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:44 am

On the real, the vast majority of SORR mods, are too generic and typical and repetitive. The only SORR mod that i have digged to this point was "Way Of The Warrior". But now, i have a new one among my all time favorite. And this Mod. Battle For Rio. Jesus fucking Christ! AWESOME TO THE CORE!! Literally, just as good as the original Street Of Rage Remake game. DEFINITELY would want a sequel, sir! Damn it! And these two Mods, Way Of The Warrior and Battle Of Rio are awesome. The only TWO mods which i am willing to keep forever in my Mod folder. Awesome man! Hard work too! And more of it, certainly wouldn't hurt lol.

Thank you!!! Can't wait to replay it!

And one more thing, next time around, if you could try to make the police more involve in shoot out would be great in my opinion lol. I mean, it's not to see them around in scene sequences. But, it would be awesome to see them getting more involved in shoot outs than just seeing em standing around like statues. Sure this would make the game a bit more easier but hey! At least more creative AND enjoyable! But either ways, thanks a bunch man! And i SOOOOOO can not wait for the sequel!

Much love, my friend.

metalnat111
Newbie

Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.4

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum