Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Saven on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:25 am

Nice comments guys! Glad to see people are out there enjoying it as much as I have these past couple weeks! Very Happy

I can't wait to see what people have to offer in their mods with all of 5.1's new tools. I hope it revives the mod scene! Smile

_________________
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1283
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Tarma on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Thank you for this update! Impressive work.
avatar
Tarma
Nora

Posts : 160
Join date : 2013-06-16
Location : France

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Tarma on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Most impressive! Everything seems to be possible. Smile

avatar
Tarma
Nora

Posts : 160
Join date : 2013-06-16
Location : France

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Tarma wrote:Most impressive! Everything seems to be possible. Smile


Excellent!

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  DarkThief on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:41 pm

One of the more annoying things to come out of this update is that any mob with a throw (confirmed with Ash and Mona/Lisa so far) who's emerging from the shadows will throw you BEFORE they appear...and most of the time you won't be able to safe land because you can't see your character.
avatar
DarkThief
Nora

Posts : 171
Join date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Mr.Din on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:24 am

DarkThief wrote:One of the more annoying things to come out of this update is that any mob with a throw (confirmed with Ash and Mona/Lisa so far) who's emerging from the shadows will throw you BEFORE they appear...and most of the time you won't be able to safe land because you can't see your character.
I was just about to report this, I think the throw priority went a little too high here. Needs tweaking.

_________________
avatar
Mr.Din
Jack

Posts : 571
Join date : 2013-01-11
Location : Sin City

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  bazzza on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:41 pm

With this 5.1 update the game is now borderline unplayable nice make a update break the game well to the genius who done this. Rolling Eyes The same thing Activision did with CoD Warfare. If you are playing SORR V5 for the first time I advise sticking to 5.0A and not this atrocity.
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Saven on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:24 pm

bazzza wrote:With this 5.1 update the game is now borderline unplayable nice make a update break the game well to the genius who done this. Rolling Eyes  The same thing Activision did with CoD Warfare. If you are playing SORR V5 for the first time I advise sticking to 5.0A and not this atrocity.



The game is "borderline unplayable?" Please, explain this to me, you were kinda vague.

_________________
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1283
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:26 pm

lol!

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  bazzza on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Saven wrote:
bazzza wrote:With this 5.1 update the game is now borderline unplayable nice make a update break the game well to the genius who done this. Rolling Eyes  The same thing Activision did with CoD Warfare. If you are playing SORR V5 for the first time I advise sticking to 5.0A and not this atrocity.



The game is "borderline unplayable?" Please, explain this to me, you were kinda vague.

The difficulty has now been increased to such a degree on the higher difficulty settings now, Hard, Very Hard, Mania, that is too difficult to be fun, but the lower levels are now easier making the game lose it's balance. The roll move is useless now it was a effect move in certain areas, enemy A.I is now even more unbalanced some are smarter like the Kickerboxers and other like the signals seem just plain daft. Characters before were well balanced now in particular Max is stupidly over powered as is Shiva. I could go on. I do not understand the why fix stuff that did not need to fixed 5.0A was perfect.
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  bazzza on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:05 am

By the way if Mega does not work for everyone and they want this here is an alternative link.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKJG1EKSBC2a3BJcU5odkJBeFU/view?usp=sharing
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  BigDarsh on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:00 am

When 5.0a cames out, a lots of people think the difficulty take a dive down (ie: Abadede nerf, characters forward special buff + more priority on blitz move ). Some people quit the game because of this. 5.1 take the other side (buff shiva/abadede / nerf side roll), while keeping the character buff from v5.0a.

All in all, when a game is updated, people need to take time to get use to it. I do think that some people will get back to the game thanks to 5.1, and some people will stick to 5.0a (and I'm pretty sure there are still people who play v5.0 because of the tone down of v5.0a and are not aware of 5.1).

Regarding your comment toward balance of character, Shiva and Max always been top tiers characters since v5.0, and I don't think tiers list is a major point in a btu. I think it is cool to have different tiers character so you can adjust your difficulty by changing character, and this is why I don't like modern btu like Bayonetta or DMC with a solo character, and no way to pick the one that fit your playstyle.

I still don't have a real opinion of the overall balance of v5.1, but I really do think that this upgrade can't fit everyone, as did v5.0a, and even v5.0

The very famous website "hardcore gaming101" states that v5.0a is an awesome patch, but once again, look at what happens when v5.0a came out. Some people quit because it just don't fit them. The world is full of diversity and that's what is great.

_________________
Streets of Rage : Game vs Lore Analysis avaible here
http://brawlersavenue.forumotion.com/f9-brawler-analysis
"Back in our day, even real life didn't have graphics this good.
Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
avatar
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Posts : 336
Join date : 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:12 am

BigDarsh wrote:When 5.0a cames out, a lots of people think the difficulty take a dive down (ie: Abadede nerf, characters forward special buff + more priority on blitz move ). Some people quit the game because of this. 5.1 take the other side (buff shiva/abadede / nerf side roll), while keeping the character buff from v5.0a.

All in all, when a game is updated, people need to take time to get use to it. I do think that some people will get back to the game thanks to 5.1, and some people will stick to 5.0a (and I'm pretty sure there are still people who play v5.0 because of the tone down of v5.0a and are not aware of 5.1).

Regarding your comment toward balance of character, Shiva and Max always been top tiers characters since v5.0, and I don't think tiers list is a major point in a btu. I think it is cool to have different tiers character so you can adjust your difficulty by changing character, and this is why I don't like modern btu like Bayonetta or DMC with a solo character, and no way to pick the one that fit your playstyle.

I still don't have a real opinion of the overall balance of v5.1, but I really do think that this upgrade can't fit everyone, as did v5.0a, and even v5.0

The very famous website "hardcore gaming101" states that v5.0a is an awesome patch, but once again, look at what happens when v5.0a came out. Some people quit because it just don't fit them. The world is full of diversity and that's what is great.

Someone talking sense?! How can this be????!! Razz

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  BigDarsh on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Thank you Charco, but as we speak about this subject, the main problem come from the comparison with call of duty which is totally biaised.

SoRRv5 is a BTU made by BTU lover for BTU lovers and the upgrade are made regarding feedback of the community/players and the target that the upgrade chose.

Call of is a bit like McDonald's you know. There are no target, most of them try to target everyone on the earth, like mcdonald trying reach "girls" in selling "salad" and such. But we all know that McDonalds is not designed to make good food, just to feed everyone badly.

I see SoRR as Tomonobu Itagaki BTU. In 2004, Ninja Gaiden is born (which is like v5). In 2005, Ninja Gaiden Black remove some bugs, nerf a cheap move, but give a better UT to the player (off spe + / side roll -) and buff the IA and the battle design (abadede/shiva +). Yep, Ninja Gaiden Black is v5.1 in his philosophy, which target hard core gamer. Later, cames out Ninja Gaiden Sigma which is an "easy version" of Ninja Gaiden Black. Yep Sigma is v5.0a.

If you look at Ninja Gaiden 2 (v5) and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (v5.0a) it is the same pattern.

All in all Itagaki is a BTU lover, and made 3 versions of the same BTU which target different people so everyone can find the version of the game which fits them. Everyone is well feed, and no crappy macdonald/call of duty junk.

_________________
Streets of Rage : Game vs Lore Analysis avaible here
http://brawlersavenue.forumotion.com/f9-brawler-analysis
"Back in our day, even real life didn't have graphics this good.
Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
avatar
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Posts : 336
Join date : 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  bazzza on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:02 pm

BigDarsh wrote:Thank you Charco, but as we speak about this subject, the main problem come from the comparison with call of duty which is totally biaised.

SoRRv5 is a BTU made by BTU lover for BTU lovers and the upgrade are made regarding feedback of the community/players and the target that the upgrade chose.

Call of is a bit like McDonald's you know. There are no target, most of them try to target everyone on the earth, like mcdonald trying reach "girls" in selling "salad" and such. But we all know that McDonalds is not designed to make good food, just to feed everyone badly.

I see SoRR as Tomonobu Itagaki BTU. In 2004, Ninja Gaiden is born (which is like v5). In 2005, Ninja Gaiden Black remove some bugs, nerf a cheap move, but give a better UT to the player (off spe + / side roll -) and buff the IA and the battle design (abadede/shiva +). Yep, Ninja Gaiden Black is v5.1 in his philosophy, which target hard core gamer. Later, cames out Ninja Gaiden Sigma which is an "easy version" of Ninja Gaiden Black. Yep Sigma is v5.0a.

If you look at Ninja Gaiden 2 (v5) and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (v5.0a) it is the same pattern.

All in all Itagaki is a BTU lover, and made 3 versions of the same BTU which target different people so everyone can find the version of the game which fits them. Everyone is well feed, and no crappy macdonald/call of duty junk.


I was not comparing this to CoD of Duty (By the way CoD is a great series) I was just stating that people are trying to fix what is not broken. SORR 5.0A did not need to anything else done to it. I think what you said does not really make any sense, could be that I have never played a Ninja Gaiden game ever. Anyway as far as I am concerned 5.1 is a total broken mess.


Last edited by bazzza on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Don Vecta on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:48 pm

I confirm also the shadow intro/auto-grab with Ash and the Judos. They haven't even spawned completely and their wandering soul is already throwing you to godheavens!

As for trashing the patch, sure, it does have huge changes in gameplay (some of us are having a hard time getting used to the nerfs like the evasion or the insane range of grabs of enemies), but by the other hand, the AI modification is a plus if they think the kung fu of the baddies is too much for them.

Not to mention the immense amount of updates for SORmaker that make modding even more interesting and cooler!

As BigDarsh suggest let it simmer up and see if there's still things to be corrected or tweaked. We don't really know if this could be a definite patch or is just another of several revisions done during these years since its release, so we could even hope there could be further updates some time in the future...

... or not. Rolling Eyes

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Saven on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:27 pm

bazzza wrote:The difficulty has now been increased to such a degree on the higher difficulty settings now, Hard, Very Hard, Mania, that is too difficult to be fun, but the lower levels are now easier making the game lose it's balance.

Lol, some things have been changed yes, but you make it sound like it has SSFIIT-like difficulty now. You're exaggerating.


bazzza wrote:The roll move is useless now it was a effect move in certain areas

It should be noted that rolling in BK3/SOR3 was also invulnerable after the first few frames or so. I tried it out myself actually.


bazzza wrote:Characters before were well balanced now in particular Max is stupidly over powered as is Shiva. I could go on. I do not understand the why fix stuff that  did not need to fixed 5.0A was perfect.

lolwut? Max and Shiva were always overpowered. Did you even play the other two versions?


bazzza wrote:I do not understand the why fix stuff that  did not need to fixed 5.0A was perfect.

5.0a was a nice update, but it was waaaaay too easy (3 continues were too many) and was still filled with many glitches in SORMaker, which this patch has fixed. SORMaker games play much better now and even have some nice new tools and features to expand the life of mod-making. You can now create custom items/avatars, make pits act like their SOR3-counterparts instead of instant death, credits instead of a simple png at the end, and a new way to make cutscenes that makes it a lot easier (Yes, easier and it's less time consuming actually).

Btw, didn't you mention that 5.0a was "harder than ever" once?

http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2301&start=315#p122595


bazza wrote:I was not comparing this to CoD of Duty

bazzza wrote:With this 5.1 update the game is now borderline unplayable nice make a update break the game well to the genius who done this. Rolling Eyes  The same thing Activision did with CoD Warfare.


bazzza wrote:Anyway as fart as I am concerned 5.1 is a total broken mess.

I'm more concerned about the brainfart you had there.

_________________
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1283
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  bazzza on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Yeah I did say it was harder, but when playing for a fair bit it was easier than 5.0 it was fair. Now it is just stupidly hard on anything higher than normal but too easy on anything lower there is no balance, I am not in anyway exaggerating. The difficulty needs to go back 5.0A levels a fair challenge.

Yes I know Max and Shiva were always overpowered but now there just ludicrous Max in particular with the increase of power again just another stupid change that was not needed.

The only changes that are good in this revision are the ones for SOR Maker.

But as of now the main game as far as I am concerned is broken because of the unbalanced nature of it.
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  DarkThief on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:28 pm

bazzza wrote:Yeah I did say it was harder, but when playing for a fair bit it was easier than 5.0 it was fair. Now it is just stupidly hard on anything higher than normal but too easy on anything lower there is no balance, I am not in anyway exaggerating. The difficulty needs to go back 5.0A levels a fair challenge.

The game was never fair (try playing mania and avoiding attacks that come from off-screen) but the only thing that has been made too unfair with this patch is the enemy grab range/priority (which even causes bug-like behaviour with shadow intros, as me and others have said) and some of their breakout moves working on Max/Skate.

The only enemies that have really changed are Shiva, Abadede and to a lesser extent, Rudra (as it was hard to throw/slam her anyway)...the rest are pretty much the same. In mod terms, there's only the fights with 2+ Shiva's at once (very rare) that are impossible now and need updating.
avatar
DarkThief
Nora

Posts : 171
Join date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  BumbleBee on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:13 pm

It can't be just me. Guys (and gals), can someone else confirm, that the difficulty of Survival Mode was significantly increased ? Quick example : the first boss, that you will encounter in original snowy stage (Round 4) is SoR 1 Jack/Jester type. Usually, he appears somewhere at 70 000 mark, but now he rushes in at barely 60 000. Same goes for some other layers of enemies. I'm not dreaming, right ?
avatar
BumbleBee
Galsia

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-11-07
Location : Russia

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  BigDarsh on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Though I'm agreeing with the grab range/priority problem of v5.1, I still do not agree with that.

and some of their breakout moves working on Max/Skate.

As far as I can tell, only Max and Skate benefit of unbreakable move against those hard bosses. And I do think make them being breakable will force moder to stop putting overpowered bosses with tons of life. Now Even skate and max can't suck life bar with migraine or bear submission.

I think it is more fair so they play "the same game". I know balance is not a major point in BTU, but I still do think that Max and Skate don"t need those kind of damage. Max has tons of invincibility (def sp, blitz 2) and tons of damage (almost everything in his moveset), and skate 2 has very high mobility, very good off special, a descent jump kick and one of the best blitz 1 of the game.

All in all, I don't see unfairness in removing the cherry on top of the cake of those character, while other have to stick with pitifull breakable damage.

_________________
Streets of Rage : Game vs Lore Analysis avaible here
http://brawlersavenue.forumotion.com/f9-brawler-analysis
"Back in our day, even real life didn't have graphics this good.
Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
avatar
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Posts : 336
Join date : 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Don Vecta on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:35 pm

I can live with most of the tweaks and difficulty stuff myself, game is still playable and more challenging (I don't think it's broken), but... yeah, my issue is the grab range of enemies, too. That definitely could use some toning down. That's all.

Besides that, I'm all for everything. I'm enjoying it myself.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  bazzza on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Right I like to deeply apologize about what I said about the recent update, saying it was broken is just being (that was a ludicrous remark) Embarassed Crying or Very sad. After now playing it for nearly 5 plus hours yesterday I can see why the changes were needed and the increase in difficulty does bring back a sense of adrenaline when being played of hard or above. There few things though, some bosses seem to have a massive grab range Abede is on to spring to mind and the ole diagonal run now does not work on him, seems to me specials are now better (hit with with special dodge till special gauge is charged and hit again. And is it me or have the Kick boxers gotten faster and more annoying than before (not quiet sure on that yet, someone reaffirm please). also the changes to the SOR maker are awesome they do seem to make creating a mod easier and more intuitive and let modders have more creative freedom I may at some point give it a go.

Also I would like to than the mystery people for creating this needed update and breathing a new lease of life into one of the best games in the last 5 years. cheers

avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  BigDarsh on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:02 am

Glad to hear that you try to adapt. Wink

_________________
Streets of Rage : Game vs Lore Analysis avaible here
http://brawlersavenue.forumotion.com/f9-brawler-analysis
"Back in our day, even real life didn't have graphics this good.
Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
avatar
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Posts : 336
Join date : 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:47 am

Glad to hear it too. As with any update or patch to a game, or new game in a series, we have to adapt to a new playstyle or changes made. This takes time. I have pumped about 30 hours into v5.1 and am very, very happy with it.

This is not to say that people aren't allowed to highlight things that may not be perfect, but what game is perfect? So many hundreds of bugs have been fixed, features added, and improvements made, that I can get great enjoyment out of the game and 99.9% of the things that needed to be addressed have been addressed.

I am really looking forward to playing some of the new or revamped mods that will come about as a result of this patch. Hopefully we won't have long to wait for that Smile

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum