Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:06 pm

realnabarl wrote:
130. Added easter egg on Stage 2 Scene 7 (jump the barriers on the top of the train without being hit).
Can't understand this, jump the barriers? What is a barrier? Jump 'onto' or something else? Press jump button? Top of the train? Possibly doing in Stage 2 Scene 7? How to reproduce it? Can't understand these at all, can someone help?

Jump over all of the barriers on top of the train without being hit and you will see an easter egg at the very end of this stage in the subway station Smile

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 939
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  realnabarl on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Charco wrote:
realnabarl wrote:
130. Added easter egg on Stage 2 Scene 7 (jump the barriers on the top of the train without being hit).
Can't understand this, jump the barriers? What is a barrier? Jump 'onto' or something else? Press jump button? Top of the train? Possibly doing in Stage 2 Scene 7? How to reproduce it? Can't understand these at all, can someone help?

Jump over all of the barriers on top of the train without being hit and you will see an easter egg at the very end of this stage in the subway station Smile
Thanks for the answer. Well now I know it, those barriers are in scene 5 and the easter egg is in scene 7.

realnabarl
Galsia

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Mr.Din on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:47 pm

I understand what was trying to be done with making the jet ski and biker scenes bonus scenes but I think something might've needed to be changed in regards to the morning forest, the skip to docks scene made more sense with the bike scene before it. Couldn't there have been a cutscene or at least maybe a new scene in between when you don't take the bikes? Just feels really off in that regard. The Jet Ski change was a good deal though, I like the souther/zamza combo at the end.

_________________
avatar
Mr.Din
Jack

Posts : 592
Join date : 2013-01-11
Location : Sin City

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  DarkThief on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:09 pm

6566328 wrote:Roll is not 100% invincible now,This is boring。I doesn't like this,Because it is too difficult,Roll is very important,If this set roll,Roll will become not to be worth a hair。

Bit of a stupid change tbh, you now have NO defence whatsoever against big hordes that are all around you. (and you can't even bait mobs or dodge half the moves now cos there's someone else at the other end of the roll doing the same damage)

Don Vecta wrote:And fuck me harder! Abadede is tougher as nails again (high boss tough level)! The old tactic of waiting for him to grab him is gone: He'll chew you first and slam the living crap outta you! You need a new technique to beat him!

It's also made Shiva impossible to deal with...you can't grab him anymore unless he's coming out of a move, and he also breaks out half the time, even with no interference from other mobs. (this even happens during Skate's migraine punch, and nothing should be able to break that unless the mob gets hit by a projectile from elsewhere)

I fear this is a game-breaking change that will affect almost every mod, and it's seriously making me consider rolling back to 5.0a.
avatar
DarkThief
Nora

Posts : 171
Join date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:25 pm

DarkThief wrote:I fear this is a game-breaking change that will affect almost every mod, and it's seriously making me consider rolling back to 5.0a.

Yeah you can do that if you wish.

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 939
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Saven on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:29 pm

6566328 wrote:Roll is not 100% invincible now,This is boring。I doesn't like this,Because it is too difficult,Roll is very important,If this set roll,Roll will become not to be worth a hair。

DarkThief wrote:Bit of a stupid change tbh, you now have NO defence whatsoever against big hordes that are all around you. (and you can't even bait mobs or dodge half the moves now cos there's someone else at the other end of the roll doing the same damage)

This "stupid change" is how it works on the original game. Besides, you still you have invincible frames at the beginning of the move, which SOR3 doesn't have at all.

_________________
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  DarkThief on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for changes that make the game harder (it was getting tougher to find mods that could bring my life count closer to x0)...but it's not good design to have that increase all heaped on 1-2 specific bosses. (especially when there are mods that make you face 2-3 of them at once)

But there's clearly no going back due to the new features, I just hope that mod-makers take this change into account and design/update their boss encounters accordingly.
avatar
DarkThief
Nora

Posts : 171
Join date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:54 pm

I'd put that down to poor enemy placement in mods, it has nothing to do with improving the AI of some enemies. Shiva in v5.0a was an absolute pushover. Bosses are supposed to be hard. We are just used to v5.0a and ending the game with 13 lives, we have to just relearn and enjoy it.

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 939
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  HeroBorn on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:36 am

I'm enjoying v5.1! I'm really enjoying the bug fixes, but I have a issue although I'm unsure if this is something that I have to deal with. Every time I played as SOR3 Shiva on v5.0 I would set the Collision Type and Pause and Delay options to SOR3. Yesterday I noticed that when I played as SOR3 Shiva in every single mod that I have, his normal attack combo is slow with more hits as if I didn't set the Collision Type and the Pause and Delay options to SOR3. Has anyone else noticed this as well?
avatar
HeroBorn
Galsia

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-09-09
Location : Ohio, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:52 am

Ermmm just tried Migraine and Max's choke hold and Abadede breaks them with his BREAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!! Not happy about that, though. Those moves were supposed to be kinda safe, especially Migraine (Coke Hold is okay cuz anyone else can come and break the spell).

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  DarkThief on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:21 am

Don Vecta wrote:Ermmm just tried Migraine and Max's choke hold and Abadede breaks them with his BREAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!! Not happy about that, though. Those moves were supposed to be kinda safe, especially Migraine (Coke Hold is okay cuz anyone else can come and break the spell).

That's precisely what happens with Shiva (and presumably anyone else who has a breakout move)...not part of the original game at all.

Edit: confirmed with Rudra, she does it every time. Robot X, Mr. X and Barbon (stage 8 ) don't do it though. (not sure about Bear or Robot Y as they're hard to grab anyway)
avatar
DarkThief
Nora

Posts : 171
Join date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Mr.Din on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:10 pm

DarkThief wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:Ermmm just tried Migraine and Max's choke hold and Abadede breaks them with his BREAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!! Not happy about that, though. Those moves were supposed to be kinda safe, especially Migraine (Coke Hold is okay cuz anyone else can come and break the spell).

That's precisely what happens with Shiva (and presumably anyone else who has a breakout move)...not part of the original game at all.

Edit: confirmed with Rudra, she does it every time. Robot X, Mr. X and Barbon (stage 8 ) don't do it though. (not sure about Bear or Robot Y as they're hard to grab anyway)
Robot X, Mr.X and Barbon don't break through it. I understand Rudra and Shiva but Abedede is overkill, he already has grab priority and breaks out of combos a lot more often. It's becoming tedious to fight him as opposed to challenging because I have to constantly knock him down.

I'm not a fan of the roll change either mainly because it totally fucks characters like shiva, X, ash etc over because they jump instead of roll.

Outside of these things 5.1 is pretty damn fun, I'm loving the time I'm spending relearning this game and I look forward to updated mods.

_________________
avatar
Mr.Din
Jack

Posts : 592
Join date : 2013-01-11
Location : Sin City

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  BumbleBee on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm glad that AI of some of the bosses was FINALLY tweaked. Shiva, Ash and Yamato(s) are admirable opponents once again (in comparison to their original counterparts, i mean).
avatar
BumbleBee
Galsia

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-11-07
Location : Russia

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  HeroBorn on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:01 pm

I also noticed that the Miscellaneous section that has "Collision Type" and "Pause and Delay" options don't work for mods no matter who you play as! This is the only issue I have with v5.1.
avatar
HeroBorn
Galsia

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-09-09
Location : Ohio, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:22 pm

HeroBorn wrote:I also noticed that the Miscellaneous section that has "Collision Type" and "Pause and Delay" options don't work for mods no matter who you play as! This is the only issue I have with v5.1.

Sounds like you have a savegame somewhere other than the savegame folder. Can you check if this is the case? If so, remove the file and only leave the savegame in the savegame folder.

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 939
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:20 am

BumbleBee wrote:I'm glad that AI of some of the bosses was FINALLY tweaked. Shiva, Ash and Yamato(s) are admirable opponents once again (in comparison to their original counterparts, i mean).

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 939
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  HeroBorn on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:28 am

I thank you very much Charco! Very Happy It makes sense why that would affect v5.1.
avatar
HeroBorn
Galsia

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-09-09
Location : Ohio, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:37 am

HeroBorn wrote:I thank you very much Charco! Very Happy It makes sense why that would affect v5.1.

Glad it's fixed Smile

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 939
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  HeroBorn on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:53 am

So rolling to dodge attacks has been taken away?
avatar
HeroBorn
Galsia

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-09-09
Location : Ohio, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:58 am

Did you read the bugtrack?

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 939
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  HeroBorn on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:08 am

Not all the way through the first time I noticed it in this discussion thread. I'm slowly looking now and I haven't spotted it.
avatar
HeroBorn
Galsia

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-09-09
Location : Ohio, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  HeroBorn on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:27 am

I see it now.
avatar
HeroBorn
Galsia

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-09-09
Location : Ohio, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  6566328 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Not only is the roll, and 2 star or 3 star characters no invincible, therefore, we become more and more weak.

6566328
Signal

Posts : 103
Join date : 2013-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  HeroBorn on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:10 pm

I really like Shiva's police call! Too bad there was no flash effect added to Shiva's Final Crash kick for us to enjoy instead of always watching the A.I. do it.
avatar
HeroBorn
Galsia

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-09-09
Location : Ohio, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Saven on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:34 pm

6566328 wrote:Not only is the roll, and 2 star or 3 star characters no invincible, therefore, we become more and more weak.

.........a lot of them have always been vulnerable (SOR2 and SOR3 Axel especially). I think you are just trying to find things to complain about now.

_________________
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum