Questions & How To's

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Level numbers

Post  Imapus Sylicker on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

Hello,

I have a doubt. In the stage select menu, there is a number (***/127) in the bottom left corner & I noticed that there's a little... "discrepancy"?

For example, in these screenshots:





As you can see, the 12th scene of Stage 1 is number 12,makes sense. However, the 1st scene of Stage 2 is 17! Shouldn't it be 13? Or am I missing something?

Are the "missing" 5 scenes unlockable, or are they just not there?

Cheers!

Imapus Sylicker
Galsia

Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Charco on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Can people please use the Questions and How To's topic instead of creating new threads?

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 920
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Imapus Sylicker on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:09 pm

Sorry about that, I thought this thread was some sort of FAQ. Won't happen again.

Do you know anything about those levels?

Cheers!

Imapus Sylicker
Galsia

Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Charco on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:16 pm

No problem.

Imapus Sylicker wrote:Hello,

I have a doubt. In the stage select menu, there is a number (***/127) in the bottom left corner & I noticed that there's a little... "discrepancy"?

For example, in these screenshots:





As you can see, the 12th scene of Stage 1 is number 12,makes sense. However, the 1st scene of Stage 2 is 17! Shouldn't it be 13? Or am I missing something?

Are the "missing" 5 scenes unlockable, or are they just not there?

Cheers!

Not sure about this one, I would imagine SorR has a similar set up as Sormaker as regards scenes, perhaps the scenes were named first then reordered for where they will appear in the stage. So, for example, scene 17 could appear before scene 12.

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 920
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Imapus Sylicker on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Charco wrote:Not sure about this one, I would imagine SorR has a similar set up as Sormaker as regards scenes, perhaps the scenes were named first then reordered for where they will appear in the stage. So, for example, scene 17 could appear before scene 12.

Yeah, I thought about it, so I checked, but none of the levels are out of order. Just missing.

That's why I'm curious. It's no big deal, the thing was I wasn't sure was if I had or hadn't unlocked all the levels.

Did I?

Cheers!

Imapus Sylicker
Galsia

Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Charco on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Any scenes you haven't unlocked yet will have big question mark instead of a screenshot.

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 920
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  fender178 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Hey all
I have a quick question will the v5.0a .dat file work on the Xbox port?

fender178
Newbie

Posts : 1
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Seriously how do you use save state?

Post  NoPainNoGain on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:25 am

Love the game and am certainly looking forward to playing through it.

I cannot believe I am the only person with this problem but the save state does not work for me. I tried Alt + X and nothing happens. I usually use a gamepad when playing so I tried pressing Alt and the button marked as X and still nothing.

Anyone out there who could clarify what I am doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

NoPainNoGain
Newbie

Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Xenovant on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:40 am

fender178 wrote:Hey all
I have a quick question will the v5.0a .dat file work on the Xbox port?
Yep

NoPainNoGain wrote:Love the game and am certainly looking forward to playing through it.

I cannot believe I am the only person with this problem but the save state does not work for me. I tried Alt + X and nothing happens. I usually use a gamepad when playing so I tried pressing Alt and the button marked as X and still nothing.

Anyone out there who could clarify what I am doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Are you using v5.0a?

Taken from the changelog: 1. Changed command Alt+X to F12, as it was easy to press this combination by mistake using a keyboard.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Posts : 428
Join date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Saven on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:00 am

But if you are playing 5.0a on a mac, then you are screwed either way it seems.

I don't recommend trying the f12 trick on a mac in the classroom, had that experience myself last week. Laughing

_________________
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  NoPainNoGain on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:41 pm

Xenovant wrote:
fender178 wrote:Hey all
I have a quick question will the v5.0a .dat file work on the Xbox port?
Yep

NoPainNoGain wrote:Love the game and am certainly looking forward to playing through it.

I cannot believe I am the only person with this problem but the save state does not work for me. I tried Alt + X and nothing happens. I usually use a gamepad when playing so I tried pressing Alt and the button marked as X and still nothing.

Anyone out there who could clarify what I am doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Are you using v5.0a?

Taken from the changelog: 1. Changed command Alt+X to F12, as it was easy to press this combination by mistake using a keyboard.

Well that is a sensible change and makes a lot of sense. Thank you for your help!

NoPainNoGain
Newbie

Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Can someone help me with V5.0a?

Post  Kageshima on Fri May 03, 2013 4:06 am

Hey, guys. New here, though I spent quite some time lurking on the old forums. My name was J.K. there.

My problem is I've been trying to dl 5.0a all day long, and I keep running into the same problem a member had posted about one-two pages ago. I also keep running into corrupt files. I read that he redownloaded it and the problem ceased, but it hasn't worked out that way for me. I know I've dl'd and re-dl'd it like 10 times now.

Can anyone help me out with some advice or instructions? Perhaps an alternate link?

EDIT:
Nevermind, you guys. I visited ***, and they had the patch there. Problem solved. Very Happy


Last edited by Kageshima on Fri May 03, 2013 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Solved my own problem.)

Kageshima
Newbie

Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Kane on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:08 am

how do i load a saved game, hate having to exit then start from stage 1.

Kane
Galsia

Posts : 18
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Saven on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:39 am

Kane wrote:how do i load a saved game, hate having to exit then start from stage 1.

Well, to quicksave you need to exit the game by alt + X'ing out of the game (5.0). If you have 5.0a, just hit F12. And then when you come back into the game, you will start at the beginning of the stage you exited out of.

Just a warning in advance. If you are trying to get Ending's 7 & 8, you CANNOT exit a game at all period and you must play through the entire game in one sitting.

_________________
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Kane on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Okay thanks a lot. So what is in ending 7 & 8, I'm don't care about spoilers.

Kane
Galsia

Posts : 18
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

The game...loaded a savestate?

Post  Magnus Blade on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:50 pm

I always thought this game lacked save states (because of being a straight up PC game; no emulation), but the game apparently does use them. The bombergames logo appeared as usual, but for some reason when I loaded the game up just now after the logo disappeared, I saw the small words at the bottom left screen plainly stating, "Loading savestate..." and afterwards, the game loaded and placed me into the entertainment street, as I do recall cutting the game off at that exact stage last I played. I could move, attack and everything. Even had my previous score and remaining HP before entering that section.

I had my own theory that because I accidentally exited the game by pressing the close button when I resized the window, the program "recovered" my last point in playing since I didn't close the program properly (pressing Esc at title screen). But part of me says that's not true. While I did close the game at that stage, I was at least partway through it to where the Goldie/Slum was chillin' on the bench. When the "savestate" loaded, it started me off from the very beginning of that section as if I was just progressing from the first section of that Stage 1 route (screen faded in and everything). Plus, I've accidentally closed the program by pressing the button plenty of times in the same manner, so it's odd that it loaded a non-existent state now out of all those times.

Unless I'm horribly behind on the fact that the game does have save states, has anyone ever experienced or know anything about this?
avatar
Magnus Blade
Galsia

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-11-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Saven on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:57 pm

If you exit the game via by Alt + X'ing or F12'ing (depending which version of V5 you are playing), the game will create a save state and will load back to the last stage you were on.

Be careful though, you will miss a chance to get Ending's 7 & 8 as one of the requirements to get those endings is to not exit the game period (This is a fact for Ending 8. Not so sure about ending 7, but I'm pretty sure that holds true to that ending too though).

Also the next time you have a question, please use the Questions & How-Tos topic in the future. Wink 
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Magnus Blade on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Ohh, I see. Then I was (sorta) right after all. I didn't know that was a requirement for the endings though, but I already have 7 & 8. Good to know though. Thank you!

And sorry about that. I must have missed the topic in the stickies above.
avatar
Magnus Blade
Galsia

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-11-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  bareknuckleroo on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:16 am

Basically, yeah, to be safe on getting the Mania special ending, you have to do it without a partner and in one sitting (no exiting the game at all).

Also, SoRR doesn't have savestates. If you accidentally close the game window or hit Alt-X (as in exit the game without using the pause -> quit menu) or if the game crashes (I've never seen it happen), the next time you play the game, it'll start at the beginning of the last level you were at with a "Loaded savestate" message. It's not a true savestate; savestates in emulation actually load the game memory in exactly the state it was saved at which is why in an emulator you can save/reload anywhere generally. The reason SoRR has that "Loaded savestate" message is that it's a reference to a popular Sega genesis emulator (there's one that uses that exact font for its messages, pretty sure it's Kega Fusion). Really, it's not a savestate in the true sense, it's just a reload from the start of the level you were at.
avatar
bareknuckleroo
Donovan

Posts : 51
Join date : 2013-08-08

http://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Don Vecta on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:05 am

Yeah, just imagine the mess if SORmaker mods had this auto-save feature. It would be troublesome for modders to replay test scenes as it would be loading the last played scene instead of the scene you need to test.

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1511
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Saven on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:40 am

bareknuckleroo wrote:Basically, yeah, to be safe on getting the Mania special ending, you have to do it without a partner and in one sitting (no exiting the game at all).
Not so sure about actual 2P partners, but it's possible to get the Mania ending with a CPU partner though. Every time I've gotten that ending it's been with a CPU partner because I'm not a very good solo player on Mania myself. Razz  But it can be done with partners.
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Magnus Blade on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:56 pm

You know what's funny? I have all the endings except the VERY first one when I checked in my scene viewer. xD Is it an ending you get for playing under Normal Mode? If so, I could see why I missed it.
avatar
Magnus Blade
Galsia

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-11-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  bareknuckleroo on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:11 pm

Saven wrote:Not so sure about actual 2P partners, but it's possible to get the Mania ending with a CPU partner though. Every time I've gotten that ending it's been with a CPU partner because I'm not a very good solo player on Mania myself. Razz  But it can be done with partners.
Really? I remember reading somewhere that using a CPU partner disqualified you, but obviously I'm mistaken.

I know that using a cosmetic cheat (the ones that alter Blaze's or Max's sprite) or enabling selection of the same character (two Maxes, etc) will disqualify you, all cheats have to be off, even the minor ones.
avatar
bareknuckleroo
Donovan

Posts : 51
Join date : 2013-08-08

http://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Saven on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:41 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:
Saven wrote:Not so sure about actual 2P partners, but it's possible to get the Mania ending with a CPU partner though. Every time I've gotten that ending it's been with a CPU partner because I'm not a very good solo player on Mania myself. Razz  But it can be done with partners.
Really? I remember reading somewhere that using a CPU partner disqualified you, but obviously I'm mistaken.

I know that using a cosmetic cheat (the ones that alter Blaze's or Max's sprite) or enabling selection of the same character (two Maxes, etc) will disqualify you, all cheats have to be off, even the minor ones.
Yeah, it's possible to do it with CPU partners. I remember when I played the original V5, I knew I wasn't going to be able to beat Mania on solo so I had to do it with CPU partners and got it.

But yes, all cheats will disqualify you from getting it (I think this also applies for Ending 7 too). Even though I do feel its a tad ridiculous that you can miss an ending for altering the Blaze and Max sprites.
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  DarkThief on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:30 am

Don Vecta wrote:Yeah, just imagine the mess if SORmaker mods had this auto-save feature. It would be troublesome for modders to replay test scenes as it would be loading the last played scene instead of the scene you need to test.
Not really, as surely it would only reload the savestate if you were playing the mod from within SoRR itself and not by loading it in test mode from SoRMaker?

(would've been nice to have as well, nothing worse than having to restart because of a bug or crash...especially with Shiva who can't even be accessed in test mode. In fact recently I even quit a game by pressing F12 to take a screenie, old FPS habits there Razz)
avatar
DarkThief
Nora

Posts : 170
Join date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum