Questions & How To's

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Kormann on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:00 am

Shyning77 wrote:
The thing is I can't play a SOR game properly with a 4-button layout like the PS or X-Box joypads. I played those games for years with both 3-button and 6-button MegaDrive joypads, and it just doesn't feel right when the 3 action buttons are not in line.
I know your feeling, I also played a lot with 3 button and 6 button megadrive pads in the past.
But what could I do? I just adapted myself a long time ago. My button layout is very similar to Megadrive:
Square = A
Cross = B
Circle = C
L1 = X
Triangle = Y
R1 = Z
Select = Mode
I always use this layout when I want to play megadrive emulators too.
This is the best you can get with a PS pad (translate it to Xbx buttons).

If you can't adapt, I would recommend Arcade joysticks (like the ones for Street Fighter IV for example).
Or you can try these ones ( I found them just now for you):
http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Versus-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B0051MQK6K/
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Marvel-Capcom-Controller-Fightpad/dp/B004OVRUQI
http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Street-Fighter-Tekken-FightPad/dp/B006ZTHGCU/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_2_A7FD
Or this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Inc-Genesis-GN6-USB-Controller/dp/B00KX75UT6/[/quote]

Toejam and Earl new game @Kickstarter!
Kormann
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Kormann wrote:If you can't adapt, I would recommend Arcade joysticks (like the ones for Street Fighter IV for example).
Or you can try these ones ( I found them just now for you):
http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Versus-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B0051MQK6K/
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Marvel-Capcom-Controller-Fightpad/dp/B004OVRUQI
http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Street-Fighter-Tekken-FightPad/dp/B006ZTHGCU/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_2_A7FD
I find all of them quite ugly actually Barf

Kormann wrote:Or this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Inc-Genesis-GN6-USB-Controller/dp/B00KX75UT6/
Yeah, this one is better, but you know I still need a 7th button for the police call, right ? Wink

Concerning the config I used with the 360 controller, it was like this :
A = attack
B = jump
X = special
Y = star moves
LB = back attack
RB = series
BACK = police

But since I managed to get the USB SEGA controller working properly with the "quick unplug / plug back in" technique, I guess I'm fine now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWolfe on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:40 pm

I've used a PS2 controller to play SoRR and it's worked fine for me. Specifically, my set up goes like this:

Square = Special
X = Attack
Circle = Jump
L1 = Series
Triangle = Star Moves
R1 = Back Attack
R2 = Police

I use the lower half of the buttons (Square, X, and Circle) to serve as the Genesis' A, B, and C buttons respectively while the upper half (L1, Triangle, and R1) to serve as the X, Y, and Z buttons. Police call is set to R2.
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tivus on Sun May 17, 2015 5:38 am

Hi everyone, new to the forums here.

Sorry for the kinda dumb question, but I haven't found elsewhere how can I select the color palettes from 4~7. Every time I cycle through them at character selection it only goes to the 3rd and then back to 1st. Is there any way to do so or is the only method switching the palette files names in their folder?

Thanks in advance.

Tivus

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Sun May 17, 2015 10:25 am

Tivus wrote:Hi everyone, new to the forums here.

Sorry for the kinda dumb question, but I haven't found elsewhere how can I select the color palettes from 4~7. Every time I cycle through them at character selection it only goes to the 3rd and then back to 1st. Is there any way to do so or is the only method switching the palette files names in their folder?

Thanks in advance.

They should all be available when you unlock the palette editor from the shop after completing the game.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tivus on Mon May 18, 2015 2:46 am

They're available for me to edit, but unfortunately, not to select them. Guess I should try a new save sometime, but it's just a minor annoyance. Thanks for the quick answer.

Tivus

Back to top Go down

Post  Maximust on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:36 am

How long did it take you guys to get good at this game? I seem to have hit a plateau recently where I don't really feel like I'm improving anymore; I pretty much end up with the same amount of lives (varying by route) every time. The problem is: I'm not really all that good right now, so hitting a plateau here really sucks.
Maximust

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:35 am

Maximust wrote:How long did it take you guys to get good at this game? I seem to have hit a plateau recently where I don't really feel like I'm improving anymore; I pretty much end up with the same amount of lives (varying by route) every time. The problem is: I'm not really all that good right now, so hitting a plateau here really sucks.

As long as you have fun, it doesn't really matter, I don't want to be too good. I don't care about getting better, I'm good enough and i enjoy getting killed from time to time lol.
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:11 am

Maximust wrote:How long did it take you guys to get good at this game? I seem to have hit a plateau recently where I don't really feel like I'm improving anymore; I pretty much end up with the same amount of lives (varying by route) every time. The problem is: I'm not really all that good right now, so hitting a plateau here really sucks.
Play mods, decent ones. The different types of enemy placements will help you get used to each enemy combination over time. It just takes repetition and of course have fun doing it, don't play mods that make you want to rip your hair out for the wrong reasons.

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:06 am

I deleted my copy of Streets of Rage Remake awhile back. That being said, I was hoping someone could provide me with a save file I can use. Infact, i'd recommending uploading it to the downloads page. Sounds like something everyone should have access to in my opinion.
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:14 pm

Recently I replaced my old desktop, my screen resolution is now 1280x1024 as opposed to 1024x768...but the game window is so small I have to manually change resolution back to 1024x768 in order to play it. Is there any way to alter the game's resolution so I don't have to switch all the time?
DarkThief
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:38 pm

DarkThief wrote:Recently I replaced my old desktop, my screen resolution is now 1280x1024 as opposed to 1024x768...but the game window is so small I have to manually change resolution back to 1024x768 in order to play it. Is there any way to alter the game's resolution so I don't have to switch all the time?
It seems the game will only cooperate with certain resolutions unfortunately from my experience there is no way to fix this. You could try playing around with the in-game video settings.

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Break on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:56 pm

I have a question regarding lag. When I pull up SoRR it lags every few seconds, delaying frame animations, which is a pain in the neck when you're doing combos, because you essentially have to push the button two times for the effort.

I checked my computer for any processes running in the background, but all I found were typical, system stuff running. This has nothing to do with it, because in the past I played the game constantly and I didn't run into any errors.

Basically, I'm wondering if there's something IN SoRR that might be causing the lag. The only mods I own are the SoRR V4 + Rudra's story, and I have a few fixed sound effects in a data folder. I highly doubt customized palette colors would have anything to do with it, either, but I have a few of my own, yes.

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. I'm beginning to worry that I'll never be able to play SoRR in its purest form anymore. :/
Break
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Trygon on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:30 pm

Not sure if this is the exact thread to ask in but how can I get SORR to recognize the LT and RT buttons on a 360 controller?

Trygon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorenzo The Comic on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:17 am

Who did Max's running sprites for v4? gsaurus wants to know who to credit for those sprites used in his Streets of Rage 3 Project hack.
Lorenzo The Comic
Galsia

http://candra-m.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

How to save name edits?

Post  Name? Why not zoidberg? on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:17 am

I am trying to rename Dr. Zero to Keemstar but after I press enter I press esc and all that progress is lost! And if I enter his name then click someone else then back to him the name is lost!

Name? Why not zoidberg?
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anzelotti on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:00 pm

how change the amount of credits given by default ?

Anzelotti

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Go to the options menu and game settings to change the amount of lives you want per game. Continues are always set in stone at 2.

Back to top Go down

Post  Anzelotti on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:10 pm

thanks for the reply but some revisions (5a?) gives 3 credits, If someone know how edit the dat file or something please share, I need 0 credit / no continue game Smile
Anzelotti

Back to top Go down

Post  thejoker on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:42 am

Hey, so this isn't necessarily a "problem" or anything that needs fixing, I just wanted to clarify something out of curiosity.

The changelog for 5.1 includes the same changes featured in 5a, including the increasing of continues to 3, and does not mention anything about rolling that back for 5.1. But after I patched my game yesterday I still have only the usual 2 continues (and the number of lives on the options menu now describes the total number rather than the number of extras after the one you start with, but the max is still 5, so that means that the total number of lives possible is actually reduced). Which I'm fine with, but is that supposed to be the case for 5.1? And if that is correct, are other changes from 5a rolled back in 5.1 as well?

Just want to check that there's nothing wrong with my current version, and know how accurate a reflection the changelog is for my own curiosity. Thanks!

thejoker

Back to top Go down

Post  applejacks on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:21 pm

Hey guys

I've been playing SOR1-3 on my Wii and just download SORR on PC but want to keep using my Nintendo Gamecube controller. Is the controller compatible with SORR? I'm planning to buy an adaptor so I connect my controller to the PC.

applejacks
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  scalliano on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Anyone else on Windows 10 and getting weird framerate dips every so often?

My old Win7 rig runs the game flawlessly.
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentax on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:00 am

Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't find the topic through the search feature.

Game runs at normal speeds while in window but whenever you switch to fullscreen (via alt + enter or through options) everything moves in double time and won't slow down. Audio still runs at the same speed.

What is the issue and how can I fix it?

Gentax

Back to top Go down

Post  CajNatalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:14 pm

Your desktop must be at 120fps if it's running double speed.
V5's gamespeed is modified by frame rate - you need 60fps when playing fullscreen.
CajNatalie
Hakuyo

https://beam.pro/NattyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentax on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:58 am

CajNatalie wrote:Your desktop must be at 120fps if it's running double speed.
V5's gamespeed is modified by frame rate - you need 60fps when playing fullscreen.

The game is set at 60 FPS. How do I slow down my desktops FPS?

Meanwhile I noticed something strange with the states of my games. I have the game installed on my laptop and desktop and every so often it will load a save file from the OTHER platform even though I never had the program running when both machines were one.

(I played the game while on the bus as Max and then the game crashed, later I boot up the game on my desktop and it loaded the Max file)

How is this happening? Is there cloud support?

Gentax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top