Questions & How To's

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Charco on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:34 pm

Yeah just change the aspect ratio on your tv.

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 920
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Shyning77 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Charco wrote:Yeah just change the aspect ratio on your tv.
I would if I could ! I'm playing on my PC with a 1080p PC monitor Sad

_________________
avatar
Shyning77
SorR Contributor

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-01-18
Location : Liège (Belgium)

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Saven on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:17 am

Shyning77 wrote:
Benny26 wrote:
Shyning77 wrote:I have a question that should have been asked quite a few times already, but...

Is there a way to force SORR to run in full screen mode on a 16:9 PC monitor with the correct 4:3 aspect ratio ?

Just like for the movies, I prefer to display the picture as it was meant to be Razz

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is. It's possible if the TV or monitor has aspect ratio settings though itself, that's how i do it on my TV.
Ow, too bad... Sad I don't like playing a game planned for a 4:3 aspect ratio with a stretched picture. For a beat-them-all, that also affects timing and hit/jump distances slightly IMO.

I remember getting it to play in its original aspect ratio on my pc monitor. The only problem is that I can't exactly remember how I did it now. Embarassed

Just play around with the monitor's settings itself when you have the game open and there might be some options available for you to do that. I remember it took me awhile for it to get it to work properly.

_________________
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  bazzza on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Shyning77 wrote:
Charco wrote:Yeah just change the aspect ratio on your tv.
I would if I could ! I'm playing on my PC with a 1080p PC monitor Sad


What PC monitor have you got may I ask.
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 244
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Shyning77 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:29 pm

bazzza wrote:What PC monitor have you got may I ask.
I have a Dell S2409W, and I'm afraid I couldn't find any aspect ratio option in its settings Sad

Another thing : does anyone experience joypad detection issues ? I have the official SEGA Saturn-like 8-button USB joypad (just like the one that can been seen in the "controls" settings). However, it is not well detected at game start.

In order to be able to configure it the first time, I had to unplug it and plug it back in, or else no button was working Sad

But even after, every time I start the game, I can push START on the joypad to skip the intro, but then at the title screen, START doesn't work anymore. In order to get buttons working again, I have to unplug the joypad and plug it back in a few seconds later Crying or Very sad

This is quite annoying...

_________________
avatar
Shyning77
SorR Contributor

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-01-18
Location : Liège (Belgium)

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Charco on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:01 pm

Never had any issues with my joypad, make sure it's plugged in before you launch the game and it should have no issues. I did have one of those but it broke, not the best build quality I found.

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 920
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Shyning77 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:34 pm

Charco wrote:Never had any issues with my joypad, make sure it's plugged in before you launch the game and it should have no issues. I did have one of those but it broke, not the best build quality I found.
Yeah, maybe it's not of the best quality, but I try to keep it because it's the only one to have that SEGA-specific 6-button layout. Anyway, my joypad has always been plugged in BEFORE launching the game, so that's not the cause of the issue.

_________________
avatar
Shyning77
SorR Contributor

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-01-18
Location : Liège (Belgium)

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Charco on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:49 pm

Do you have another pad you can test with, like PS2 pad?

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 920
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Shyning77 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Charco wrote:Do you have another pad you can test with, like PS2 pad?
Well, I do have a X-Box 360 joypad with wire I bought back then for modern games with analog controls. I should try that one and see if it has the same issues Wink

_________________
avatar
Shyning77
SorR Contributor

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-01-18
Location : Liège (Belgium)

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Charco on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:31 pm

No harm just to rule out the Saturn pad. I have the same wired 360 pad for Steam, terribly positioned d-pad for 2d games though Crying or Very sad

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 920
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  bazzza on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Charco wrote:No harm just to rule out the Saturn pad. I have the same wired 360 pad for Steam, terribly positioned d-pad for 2d games though Crying or Very sad

Get a ps4 pad there outstanding for new and retro games alike one of the best pads I ever had.
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 244
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  fade2black001 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:16 am

I noticed a weird bug on 5.1 dealing with mods. When I play mods all cheats are enabled by default when I know I haven't enabled them. Is this a known problem?

fade2black001
Newbie

Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-02-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Charco on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:05 am

Make sure you don't have a second savegame file or folder.

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 920
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  bazzza on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:14 pm

Any reason as to why I have not opened up the A.I editor yet I have done everything I needed too open it completed Boss rush with all golds and and all event modes and even got an S rank in survival still not unlocked.
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 244
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  fade2black001 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Charco wrote:Make sure you don't have a second savegame file or folder.
That worked thanks

fade2black001
Newbie

Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-02-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Charco on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Great Cool

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 920
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Shyning77 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:50 pm

Shyning77 wrote:
Charco wrote:Do you have another pad you can test with, like PS2 pad?
Well, I do have a X-Box 360 joypad with wire I bought back then for modern games with analog controls. I should try that one and see if it has the same issues Wink
After testing the 360 joypad, it worked perfectly every time. So the issue is indeed linked to the Saturn joypad Sad

Bad news is that the 360 joypad is not very suitable for retro 2D games to say the least. It is too heavy, the D-pad is not well positioned and the overall button layout is bad for MegaDrive or Saturn games Crying or Very sad

_________________
avatar
Shyning77
SorR Contributor

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-01-18
Location : Liège (Belgium)

Back to top Go down

Okay.. now that I've been scolded by a transformer... TWICE

Post  KaiserDragoon69 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:15 pm

Can someone just tell me how to stop the screen tearing in this game? Also, even though I have my TV in 4:3 the screen in the game is cut off a little bit.
avatar
KaiserDragoon69
Galsia

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Charco on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:31 pm

No need to be such a smartass, even if I knew I wouldn't tell you now.

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 920
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Saven on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:39 pm

"Okay.. now that I've been scolded by a transformer... TWICE"

Yeah, stop trying to take over the universe and empowering yourself over others and you won't be scolded so much you Decepticon!

_________________
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  bazzza on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:03 am

KaiserDragoon69 wrote:Can someone just tell me how to stop the screen tearing in this game? Also, even though I have my TV in 4:3 the screen in the game is cut off a little bit.

To stop the screen from tearing you need to enable V-SYNCH in the graphics options then try setting the graphics mode to 2X scale. Or another way if your monitor has it try just scan mode that will set the best picture mode for the game film or what ever you are using. If you are still getting the screen cut off at the bottom try going to your gpu management scaling options and use overscan mode.
avatar
bazzza
Fog

Posts : 244
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Gloucester England

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  KaiserDragoon69 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:06 am

thank youu
avatar
KaiserDragoon69
Galsia

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Shyning77 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Shyning77 wrote:Another thing : does anyone experience joypad detection issues ? I have the official SEGA Saturn-like 8-button USB joypad (just like the one that can been seen in the "controls" settings). However, it is not well detected at game start.

In order to be able to configure it the first time, I had to unplug it and plug it back in, or else no button was working Sad

But even after, every time I start the game, I can push START on the joypad to skip the intro, but then at the title screen, START doesn't work anymore. In order to get buttons working again, I have to unplug the joypad and plug it back in a few seconds later Crying or Very sad

This is quite annoying...
The only acceptable solution I've found out for this issue is to plug the joypad into the USB port before starting the game (as you should always do), then, at the intro or title screen, unplug the joypad and quickly plug it back in and the joypad should work properly.

_________________
avatar
Shyning77
SorR Contributor

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-01-18
Location : Liège (Belgium)

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Kormann on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Shyning77 wrote:
Bad news is that the 360 joypad is not very suitable for retro 2D games to say the least. It is too heavy, the D-pad is not well positioned and the overall button layout is bad for MegaDrive or Saturn games Crying or Very sad

The PS3 joypad works flawessly when you use Scarlet Crush XInput Wrapper. The only thing that can't assign are the L2 and R2 (the triggers), maybe because the game uses only directinput instead of xinput, these way analog buttons can't be assigned. I wonder if this also happens with X360 joypad too.

_________________

Toejam and Earl new game @Kickstarter!
avatar
Kormann
Galsia

Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Shyning77 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:22 am

Kormann wrote:The PS3 joypad works flawessly when you use Scarlet Crush XInput Wrapper. The only thing that can't assign are the L2 and R2 (the triggers), maybe because the game uses only directinput instead of xinput, these way analog buttons can't be assigned. I wonder if this also happens with X360 joypad too.
The thing is I can't play a SOR game properly with a 4-button layout like the PS or X-Box joypads. I played those games for years with both 3-button and 6-button MegaDrive joypads, and it just doesn't feel right when the 3 action buttons are not in line. A PS or X-Box joypad also makes menu navigation awkward because the buttons to select and go back are swapped compared with what you are used to with PS or X-Box games.

As for the 360 joypad, you can't indeed assign the analog triggers either.

_________________
avatar
Shyning77
SorR Contributor

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-01-18
Location : Liège (Belgium)

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum