Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis)

Post  Cm_Blast on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Hello guys. After long time without modding or playing anything, finally I decided to do a new mod, trying something different, this time is the Power Ranger the movie game Sega Megadrive version.

The game is half based in the movie and half based in the TV Show, so you will fight enemies and bosses from both sides.

I wanted to do this because I get a megadrive emulator which can separate some layers, so I can try ripping directly from megadrive instead mame or similar, and, this mod is ready to be play.

So, This mod feature:
- The 6 Original levels (this game is short) <-- almost 42 minutes; cutscenes incluyed (similiar to a longplay in youtube, but my credits are much shorter).
- The music from the game loops. Is not perfect, but I did the best I could.
- Your character will be as big as the Zords!!!
- The original game only have 2 different enemies: Oozeman from the movie and Putties from the show. I increased the rooster of enemies to avoid using only 2 guys.
- Custom palettes from all the enemies and bosses.
- In hard (or above) there are some extra enemies and in easy some less enemies, but their health not scale (Bosses neither).
- No food in the scenario, but the enemies will drop food and items (they won't pick up your items).
- All the cutscenes from the game. They aren't full animated (blinks or flashbacks effect), but all the core images are there.

Special note:
- In the original game you have a special defensive-invincible move ("A" Special in Sor), but cost a little of your life (IMO too much); Disable the "Sor 3" A Special gauge and play with Sor 2 style: A = loose life, always. The game never have more than 4 enemies at the same time, so this will help to be less spammer and maybe do the game a little mor hard (talking about those mania-players).
- In the original game the bosses and sub-bosses have like 2 seconds of invincibility when they fall to the floor. Let those bosses stand up before attacking again.

Little update: (10/8/14)
- I changed the boss battle in third level. The battle was too hard comparing to the other levels; now is more balanced and maintains the essence of the game allowing free scroll.
- Other little visual fixes, like some missing pixels or moving a guy a little.

And finally my video teaser:

Links:
Skydrive
http://sdrv.ms/QiAmTj

4share
4shared.com/get/_YJeGZ5Tce/Sorr_-_PRTM.html

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:43 pm; edited 4 times in total

Cm_Blast
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis)

Post  iceweb38 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Very well done trailer!
I'm actually surprised nobody did a mod based on Power Rangers on Megadrive.
Glisp did use a few scenes from the game though for his Syndicate mod.

Nice use of palettes from what I can see, will have to play it after I'm done with other mods.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Wow~!

Bajando...

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:02 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Very well done trailer!
I'm actually surprised nobody did a mod based on Power Rangers on Megadrive.
Glisp did use a few scenes from the game though for his Syndicate mod.

Nice use of palettes from what I can see, will have to play it after I'm done with other mods.

Done with the almighty Windows Movie Maker XD.

Thanks.

If someone encounter some typo error report me; I copied word for word with a exception: Stage2. The stage 2 had too many text so I cut a little some texts.

I did a little experiment in one of the bosses battles, I'm not sure if it will work (in terms of difficulty) correctly.

Cm_Blast
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Security on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:07 pm

This one brought back memories! Thanks for reminding me of my childhood! Only serious difference to trouble the player, is the stage with rocky terrain on moon, the one you fight lord zedd... Took TOO LONG to go through the stage and unlike the original game, no breaking rocks and entering secret shortcuts... Otherwise, one of the mods i have enjoyed the best!
Security
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:47 am

Security wrote:This one brought back memories! Thanks for reminding me of my childhood! Only serious difference to trouble the player, is the stage with rocky terrain on moon, the one you fight lord zedd... Took TOO LONG to go through the stage and unlike the original game, no breaking rocks and entering secret shortcuts... Otherwise, one of the mods i have enjoyed the best!

Is not really possible to do the exact thing as the original game (or just I don't know a way to do it). Here the "GO!" doesn't appear until you beat all the enemies on screen.

I only could do this way: fighting 22 guys (on normal, 27 in hard or above) before you may enter that cave. They have low health to help speeding up the pace a bit.

And Thanks for playing.

Cm_Blast
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top