Finally played through SORR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finally played through SORR

Post  wart on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:53 pm

I guess I'm late to the party, but I recently played through Streets of Rage Remake and thought I'd share
some of my thoughts on it.

I grew up playing Streets of Rage 1-3, and to this day they remain some of my all-time favourite games.
When I started playing the remake, what struck me is what an incredible job it does of emulating the original
series in every aspect from the player physics to the enemy behavior, while still not being afraid to mix things up a bit.

I really enjoyed the multiple route approach, which together with the shop made for some really great replay-value.
I do have some nitpicks too, such as the story feeling like a bit of an afterthought, and that it would have been nice to be able to turn off certain effects, mainly the one that occurs when something explodes.

But like I said, these are just nitpicks. Overall I love the game and think it's a fantastic achievement Smile 

wart
Newbie

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  Charco on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Glad you liked it, it really is an awesome game!

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  BigDarsh on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:53 pm

Better late than sorry  Wink 
Every SoR fans have to discover this jewel one day, or another. This game is like a dream come true.  santa 

_________________
Streets of Rage : Game vs Lore Analysis avaible here
http://brawlersavenue.forumotion.com/f9-brawler-analysis
"Back in our day, even real life didn't have graphics this good.
Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
avatar
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Posts : 336
Join date : 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  toph_bei_fong on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:10 am

If SEGA was smart they would have published this for Bomber instead of handling it the way they did. But as we all know SEGA is allergic to success.

toph_bei_fong
Galsia

Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-10-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 am

toph_bei_fong wrote:But as we all know SEGA is allergic to success.

I quote you for truth! Cool

_________________

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
avatar
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  scalliano on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Absolutely. I'd have happily stuck down a tenner for this if it had been released on PSN/XBLA. No question.
avatar
scalliano
Galsia

Posts : 21
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  serp on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Pretty much all the work was done for them. All they'd have needed to do was some ports, maybe HD the graphics a bit, add some netcode, then do some promotional work. Minimal investment on their parts.

IIRC when Capcom found out about Megaman vs. SF they just decided to promote and publish it...for free. Sega took an incomprehensible tact instead.

Honestly I avoid Sega games entirely now because I think the company is such crap. I'm amazed it's still around.
avatar
serp
Galsia

Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  Charco on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:27 am

serp wrote:Pretty much all the work was done for them. All they'd have needed to do was some ports, maybe HD the graphics a bit, add some netcode, then do some promotional work. Minimal investment on their parts.

IIRC when Capcom found out about Megaman vs. SF they just decided to promote and publish it...for free. Sega took an incomprehensible tact instead.

Honestly I avoid Sega games entirely now because I think the company is such crap. I'm amazed it's still around.

Sonic, one of the graphics contributors on SORR, made that game Cool

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
avatar
Charco
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  Kormann on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
toph_bei_fong wrote:But as we all know SEGA is allergic to success.

I quote you for truth! Cool
+1

It's sad. SoRR is amazing. I love the challenge, in normal it's harder than in the original games.
I don't know how Taxman from Sonic Retro had luck with Sega and they partned up for Sonic CD port. Does anyone know how?

_________________

Toejam and Earl new game @Kickstarter!
avatar
Kormann
Galsia

Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  Saven on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:02 am

Kormann wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:
toph_bei_fong wrote:But as we all know SEGA is allergic to success.

I quote you for truth! Cool
+1

It's sad. SoRR is amazing. I love the challenge, in normal it's harder than in the original games.
I don't know how Taxman from Sonic Retro had luck with Sega and they partned up for Sonic CD port. Does anyone know how?

It involved their only beloved IP, so Sega rocked a steel-hard boner when Taxman came to them or when they found out about it.

_________________
avatar
Saven
Forum Elder

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Streets of Rage

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  Kormann on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:17 am

LOL. Really... that was funny. Probably that's what happened. Sega has lots of cool IP's (Comix Zone, Kid Chameleon, E-swat, Shinobi, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, STREETS OF RAGE (Very Happy), Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, Ristar, Vectorman, etc).
I wish Nintendo could buy all from them. And finally I would buy a Nintendo console because I know they would do great stuff with them.

_________________

Toejam and Earl new game @Kickstarter!
avatar
Kormann
Galsia

Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  Xillatem on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:34 pm

Charco wrote:
serp wrote:Pretty much all the work was done for them. All they'd have needed to do was some ports, maybe HD the graphics a bit, add some netcode, then do some promotional work. Minimal investment on their parts.

IIRC when Capcom found out about Megaman vs. SF they just decided to promote and publish it...for free. Sega took an incomprehensible tact instead.

Honestly I avoid Sega games entirely now because I think the company is such crap. I'm amazed it's still around.

Sonic, one of the graphics contributors on SORR, made that game Cool

And take a look at one of the bits of merchandise we just got in the shop I work for:

avatar
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Posts : 146
Join date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  Break on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Oh man. I thought for sure I posted in here! Well then...

The first character I ever played was SOR3 Axel (since you can't access SOR1/2 yet) and I picked the SOR1 route for some odd reason, which I later found to be the hardest route you can pick. I had no controller, so I had to use the keyboard, and since I was entirely unfamiliar with the controls, I flopped on Easy.

Soon I got to the end and went on a continue, whereby I played as Adam. Shiva single-handedly wiped out all of my lives, so I decided to bring... Zan! And Mr. X killed me and I got a Game Over. XD

Really, though, I was mystified. It was a beautiful experience to witness everything I'd watched on Youtube, and I thought to myself, "What have I been missing out on all these years?" Kinda corny, but it was fun. =3
avatar
Break
Galsia

Posts : 26
Join date : 2015-03-07
Location : Construction Site

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum