Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP.

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP.

Post  Benny26 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:41 pm

(Bit of a late reply but been busy over the weekend. Anyway...)

Love the idea, Don. By the looks of things there's quite some life left in the modding scene yet. Final product should be something special with lots of people having a little hand in.

I personally do still have all my modding stuff on my PC ready and waiting, (nothing's changed since i did my mod)...although I'd be really rusty at attempting most things since I've been long out of the game. I might be persuaded to re-learn for some cutscene related stuff though if you need some of that down the line.

Admin

http://www.sorrcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Benny26 wrote:(Bit of a late reply but been busy over the weekend. Anyway...)

Love the idea, Don. By the looks of things there's quite some life left in the modding scene yet. Final product should be something special with lots of people having a little hand in.

I personally do still have all my modding stuff on my PC ready and waiting, (nothing's changed since i did my mod)...although I'd be really rusty at attempting most things since I've been long out of the game. I might be persuaded to re-learn for some cutscene related stuff though if you need some of that down the line.

Thank you, Benny. Smile

Icey, got an idea... as the setting is this ghetto-run down inner city slum, how about one of the signs like these with neons? I always loved this retro jazzy style of the ones in Vigilante. Take a look.

Make only one billboard as 280 * 130, the rest make them lot smaller, maybe 200*75 more or less, please.

I might use profile of these buildings as one of the BG layers.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:29 pm

Double post because I'm an asshole! Razz 

Icey, please use this base for space for the billboards. Thank you. I already have the layout of the rooftop ready.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:22 pm

How could I forget about these wonderful signs from Vigilante!
But the neons won't mix up well with these vintage signs, don't you think?
Lemme finish the movie billboard first and then we'll put them together and see how it goes Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:39 pm

iceweb38 wrote:How could I forget about these wonderful signs from Vigilante!
But the neons won't mix up well with these vintage signs, don't you think?
Lemme finish the movie billboard first and then we'll put them together and see how it goes Wink

Well, it's daylight, so maybe the vintage Jazz vintage can be without neons, but you can recolor it so it looks more into Capcom'ish style.

Looking forward to see the final product.  Smile 

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Will take a lil more longer than expected, hold on

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:49 am

Thank you.

Is anyone up to recreate stage 1-3 of MFF? Smile 

EDIT: It seems not. Oh well... moving on.

Here's stage 1-2. Thanks Icey for the new billboards of a Warholesque MJ and a movie featuring certain well known face.

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:25 am

While not as flashy as the original stage, once all assembled, I think I don't have anything to add there Very Happy

EDIT: I do, thanks to Ricky for the sunset beach

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Okay, time for an update.

Stage 1-3 done.

This was kinda quick to make. Used mostly FF2/3 resources on this one and a couple of Burning Fight (the forklift and the gas canisters). The sign at the top I made it look like the warehouse it's a shipping company.

Now, the boss in the original MFF is only Damnd. To be fair, having just him as a boss it's pretty boring. So... what do you guys think? Shall I add extra mooks to the fray or keep it alone as the original? If you want mooks, which mooks you guys want to help Damnd in his fight?

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Wow, and I thought that stage would be hassle to make, well done!
I guess I'd add some mooks there, SOR1 Signals and Donovans would work well IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Looking great guys, keep up the good work!

Glad to see some action in the modding scene again Smile

Once I finally get something to play SorR on again, it looks like myself and my buddy will have plenty of mods to play!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:24 am

Thank you, dude. Smile

Okay, Stage 2-1 has started.

I have to admit I've been looking forward to edit this scene in particular. As the NES won't provide much of the flashiness we're too used to appreciate in beat 'em ups, the design on this scene layout in particular is gorgeous and it can be a potentially gorgeous multi-layer scene in 16-bit/CPS style!

To be honest, the first thing I started to work with was the far background. I'm setting the area at sunset, considering that the scene 2-2 (the riverside) is already evening, thus, I'm using Captain Commando's Ninja House sunset sky with the buildings of the BG of Westside of FF1. With the new color scheme, I have to say this is one of my favorite backgrounds I've created.

The interesting part of this layout will be the promenade in the middle, where the street can be seen in the background with the staircase. Actually, here's the community homework:

I need if someone can recreate or animate some cars passing by in the street. I can do the measures of the area for reference.

I'm really enjoying building this stage.

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 am

Why not use the cars from H.U.N.T.E.R?

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:03 am

iceweb38 wrote:Why not use the cars from H.U.N.T.E.R?

I need tiny vehicles... something like the ones used in Rescue Metro City's car bonus stage. However, those used are too colorful and cartoonish, the edition I request is they can look darker or with the palettes of the area and maybe with a sun stripe at the top. I'll illustrate with an example.

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:36 am

The cars from Revenge of Shinobi I used in my mod, any good?
The palette is simple so it can be easily changed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:55 am

iceweb38 wrote:The cars from Revenge of Shinobi I used in my mod, any good?
The palette is simple so it can be easily changed.

Okay, I'll upload soon an update of the scene (I'm like 35% of it) so you can have an idea the size and the perspective I need the vehicles like. In an hour or so will do so, still at work.

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Okay, seems I'm almost done with this scene.

Only need a couple of homework assignments. Your mission, if decide to accept is to do:
1) The cars passing by the place.

2) Some water for this fountain (a fountain created entirely from the Venice palace of Final Fight 2, lol).

Oh yeah, and a foreground, but I can do that myself later on. I'm exhausted! Razz

If someone accepts this mission impossible, I'll send the dropbox with the mod as it is with layers and whatnot. Also remember, you can add ideas or stuff if you want. I'm open to suggestions.

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Will your post self-destruct in five seconds? Razz
Saven
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Saven wrote:Will your post self-destruct in five seconds? Razz

I'll crap in my pants if everything gets self-destructed, especially when it took me the whole day in between classes and whatnot. Razz

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:10 pm

Okay, I ended up doing everything by myself... and if I can say so myself, stage 2-1 looks killer. I really liked the outcome of it. pig 

Moving on, stage 2-2.

Staring the works on this one. Will be heavily based in the Bay Area stage from Final Fight 1 but I'll follow the layout of the original (except those stupid floating cars), so parking lots will be there (using the bonus car vehicles from the SNES versions of FF1 and 2, obviously), and a completely new riverside background (won't use the Bayside one, I'll reserve that one for the last stage and I plan to do something badass with them).

If anyone's up to running some test of consistency, graphics and difficulty on this mod, please lemme know and I can send you what I have now done. I want this mod perfect.

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  MCJeffsy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Okay, I really want to revive the mod community.

While my current lifestyle leaves me with few spare time to do mods completely on my own, I still feel the itch to create stages and set ups. I have lots of ideas, loose stages completely done and whatnot, but I lack the time to put everything together or to set cutscenes, dialogues and other complex parts (honestly, I enjoy the process to design and create the stage rather than do cutscenes and stuff).4

Now, I want to revive the interest of modders and players alike. I have a couple of ideas we could work with, you could choose one so we can work together and delegate duties. These are my ideas:

- A tribute mod based in Mighty Final Fight, pretty much a remake using CPS1/SNES style backgrounds. Verbatim enemy positioning. Palettes are already done based on the 3 FF games wich exact color schemes.

- A mod based in the film Showdown in Little Tokyo. I have the rundown of the scenes and the progress. The film itself it's made for a proper beat'em up. I think this is fun and have of couple scenes already done.

- A mod based on The Mariachi trilogy or a Mexican setting to take down Los Equis, the biggest cartel ever. I was planning something like that for H.U.N.T.E.R. 2 but with time restrains I could make something simpler.

- Anything you guys want.

If interested, lemme know so we can work on something. As I said, mostly I can help with scene design and ideas of creation. I wish we can rekindle the mod scene again and I'm sure in collaboration we can do something nice.

Hello Don Vecta, I just wanted to say a big thank you for all of the work you have put into the mod scene so far! I love your work, and the speed that you have been putting together scenes for this mod is truly remarkable!

My only gripe, is that some scenes have a little too much dialog at the beginning, but apart from that, they are very well put together, and enjoyable.

This Mod is looking great, and looks like it will be great fun to play. Me and my sister (killer_sponge) tested Adam's Story, and would be willing to give this one a go if you need help on the testing side?

Also, the other mods mentioned - Both Showdown in Little Tokyo and HUNTER2 sound like awesome stories. I would love to see some of the custom palettes to make the guys look like a Mexican cartel!

Keep up the great work!

MCJeffsy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Thank you for the feedback.

Right now working in the Mighty Final Fight one... and it's going smoothly so far. Stay tuned.

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:37 pm

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Oh crap, we're gonna get a cease&desi..............oh wait, it's friendly Capcom! No need to worry then Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:20 pm

^

look, mommy, new updates!

This scene took me forever to complete, besides my birthday last week, I barely had any single day off or spare time... or was plain burned out, but got me some inspiration and got it done.

The basic layout is practically the same as the original. I wanted to give it a special air different from the original Bayside, wanted new, different things, added an animated neon sign (courtesy of Captain Commando) and some details that would make the stage alive.

Feedback on the work might be helpful... you know, to keep doing this. Not feeling too good just doing this and not given two fawks about it, good or constructive feedback is welcome.

Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top